ABW improvements/additions
    Just wanted to post regarding the new ownership here and their thoughts on improving/adding to ABW. I know in another thread there was mention of a new logo. What else do they have in mind? I was hoping possibly a new forum upgrade, kind of what they have at NamePros. Let's get it out here in the open. What is in store for the new ABW?

I think they are going to upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin after the first of the year.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Just double checked NamePros. Looks like they are on vBulletin 3.8.3. There are some fun features available through that (actually 3.8.x in general.) Can't wait.

Upgrading to the latest version of vBulletin is the biggest project right now. We've running on a very old version, and they're working on upgrading it. The biggest prerequisite for that is updating all of the forum templates so that they'll be compatible. They anticipate completing that sometime in January.

Another improvement they plan on making is to upgrade the www.abestweb.com home page. Most regulars just come straight to the forums, so we'll be making the home page more of an introduction to ABW with links to many of the useful resources here.

I'm sure the upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin will open up a lot of other possibilities (and any hacks or customization will have to wait until that's done), but I don't have any specifics.

We've made many "behinds the scenes" improvements already. We're cleaning up forum and user permissions, adding new tools for moderators, reorganizing the forums, adding new forums, improving processes, and lots of other things like that.

Another thing we've done is to create a Banned Member Forum. It's not visible to you, but it's the only forum that banned members can see. They're allowed to post there, so it allows them to engage in a conversation with the moderators in case someone gets banned in error (which has happened once), or they didn't understand the rules (which happens very regularly with newbies), or in case a long-time member just needs a time out (which has happened once or twice).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    The banned members forum sounds like a great idea Michael... much friendlier than a boot when someone's not sure what they did
    Trisha Lyn Fawver

@TrishaLyn | My Managed Merchants

Another thing we've done is to create a Banned Member Forum.
    You could call it the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    You could call it the Twilight Zone.
    The Cornfield(?) I think that was what they called it in the episode where the guy sent people he didn't like
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Norman Bates Motel.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Mos Eisley...

Known to many as a pirate city, Mos Eisley is one of the largest spaceports on Tatooine. Its architecture is typical Tatooine style: blockhouses largely sunken into the sand, providing some respite from relentless desert suns.

Overrun by criminal transients on the lam, Mos Eisley has been described as a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

It was at Mos Eisley that Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi secured transit off Tatooine - hiring the services of Han Solo and Chewbacca, smugglers they met at the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Partial quote from StarWars.com.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks for the suggested names, but I think "Banned Member Forum" makes it a little more clear. Besides, I don't expect that any of you will ever get the chance to visit it (unless you become a moderator).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Thanks for the suggested names, but I think "Banned Member Forum" makes it a little more clear. Besides, I don't expect that any of you will ever get the chance to visit it (unless you become a moderator).
    That reminded me of some old quote: Unless you kick the bucket, or have an OBE (out-of-body experience), I don't expect that any of you will ever get the chance to visit the other side, freely...

Thanks guys for your hard work at making this board a great functional place!
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread