SEO Help
    Hi all,

Not sure if it is a time issue, but i've been trying many things to get all of my posts and pages (Wordpress blog) up higher in Google without much luck. I've left anchor text on my site, on other sites, left comments on other blogs, participate in similar niche forums, etc. I also have the All in one SEO pack installed on my WordPress blog and have added what I think are good keyword and titles for each post/page.

My site went live at the end of last month and some of my important posts were created about a week ago. Most of my static pages were created 2-3 weeks ago, but are not very high in google.

Are there any others tips to get my site up higher, or should I be waiting a little longer before panicking?

Any tips/websites would be great, thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    Time.

Google seems to prefer older sites vs new one. As a site gets older it's ranking seems to get higher. At least, that's what happens to my sites.

The ranking also seems to change each time G has a update. As Trust said - it takes time.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

You should wait quite a bit longer before panicking. Or, as Trust so succinctly put it, "Time."
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks!

I like the response "Time", glad everyone else agrees!

I was really hoping to have this site visible next month which doesn't sound likely. What are the chances by February-March?

Thanks for your quick help everyone.

"Time" is true to a degree. Site age is more important than Page Age though, IMHO. I literally timed an experiment in early 2009 for a site that had been around for 3 years. It was a Wordpress blog, with primarily targeted (i.e focused) content.

I wrote a post promoting a product for "soaking up water in a kayak".

The post was number 1 in Google for the term i was targeting in 16 minutes. Granted, I wasn't SEO'ing for "sexy shoes", but the point remains that an established Wordpress blog can rank #1 in G very quickly.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    "Time" is true to a degree. Site age is more important than Page Age though, IMHO. I literally timed an experiment in early 2009 for a site that had been around for 3 years. It was a Wordpress blog, with primarily targeted (i.e focused) content.

I wrote a post promoting a product for "soaking up water in a kayak".

The post was number 1 in Google for the term i was targeting in 16 minutes. Granted, I wasn't SEO'ing for "sexy shoes", but the point remains that an established Wordpress blog can rank #1 in G very quickly.
    Interesting. My site is quite a seasonal "niche" and I expect most sales to happen from December to March. So it's possible that if I leave this site up for a quite a while that I could get myself up much higher in future years?

Thanks for the post!

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, what Kevin said. Sites that have been around for awhile, authority type sites, when they put up new pages, they tend to get indexed and ranked well pretty quickly. Like here at ABW, I've seen threads on page 1 Google within a few minutes after being made. Just keep working at it and as your site gets better, get some links in, some time etc. it gets better. With whatever site you're working on, there's usually already existing sites in that area you're competing against, that have been around for awhile.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread