I am new to LS Affiliate
    I started in November, and I have a 170 clicks and no Commissions. What are some of the best advertisers, I have nine advertisers and nine websites.
    I am getting discharged. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or if its the advertiser the reason they don't buy when they visit their website.

170 clicks is not enough to know anything about if a merchant will convert. Some merchants might have one sale in 100 clicks and another one sale in 500 clicks.

It also depends on how expensive the products are that they sell. The higher the price of the product - the more clicks it will take to get a sale.

If you've just started in affiliate marketing you need to read this thread: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79507

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    170 clicks is way too low a sampling to make any judgment.

My rule of thumb is that you need enough clicks (whether that's 25 clicks or 25,000) that you generate at least 10 sales, before you have a reasonably accurate estimate of your conversion ratio.

Of course you can figure out what the conversion ratio ISN'T. With 170 clicks and no sales, your conversion ratio (should you continue sending traffic) will probably be under 1% and is definitely under 5%. (If you have a 5% conversion ratio, there's a 99.98% chance that 170 clicks will result in 1 or more sale. If you have a 1% conversion ratio, that drops to 81.9%, so there's an 18.1% chance that 170 random clicks would produce no sales.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks you all for your reply. I'm going to see what the outcome is after at least a couple of months, in the mean time I will be trying to send more traffic. I don't use paid traffic, all my traffic is organic and direct. I do see some of the items are expensive on some of the advertisers site.

Dear Weezee,

Mondera partners convert one out of every 300 clicks that is off season and almost one out of 250 clicks during Peak season like, chirstmas, valentines and wedding season. Reason being as mentioned by BurgerBoy, its the high ticket value of the items. People tend to do a lot of research before buying a high end jewelry. which means they come to Merchant site learn about the product and review before making the purchase!

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

I did some research on some of the items that I am promoting and they are real high priced. I choose them without checking the price range because they were pretaining to my sites niche.

some of my ls stats
    Although i would rather not (since having read Haiko's excellent and substantive "Toolbar exposť" post), I - attempt to - sell some product through LS.

I am a single "niche" and - attempt to - sell product that's pretty much in the $500 to $1000 price range.

For easy reckoning I hold the number 2% - based on past performance - in my head. So, 50 clicks = 1 sale and/or 1,000 impressions = 20 clicks

For the purposes of this post I just generated 2 sets of LS stats for you based on the product pricing above. The first set of stats shows Aug/Sep combined and the second set Oct/Nov combined.

Aug/Sep = 7392 impressions, 539 clickthrus & 11 sales items for - 2%
    Oct/Nov = 3366 impressions, 215 clickthrus & 1 sales item.

Prior to October I could count'em like clickwork: 50 clocks = 1 sale - easy enough even for 'dubya to calkulate! (juxtaposed alliteration intended. clever huh!)

As many posts here on abw continue to flow in, the affiliate marketing business is becoming "more suspicious" out there and I, also like other posters, continue to join NO NEW ADVERTISERS from Linkshare and do my best - despite the current trend by most advertisers not to communicate with their publishing affiliates - to communicate my reasons why - (like I ever get a response back from Microsoft anyways!!)

To sum up, in the words of Colin James, "Something's goin' on in my room". Please, give it a listen, enjoy and smile!

p.s. I should perhaps mention that I do have a real profession - and it ain't sellin' unreal estate!
    Last edited by Aspasa; December 1st, 2009 at 11:29 PM.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread