Question Affiliate Tracking Software for Offline Sales
    I'm looking for an affiliate tracking software program that can allow affiliates to send customers to my site to register for free events and allow me to easily update offline sales made at the end of the free events and commissions.

Process would be: Affiliate sends customer to site with their affiliate link > customer registers for an event > affiliate notified of new registration > offline sale made > Commissions manually updated > affiliate notified of sale > commissions automatically paid out via paypal on specified date

Customer is always tied to affiliate so if customer purchases from future events affiliate would be compensated

Currently I just have a promo code field but as we bring on affiliates this is going to be challenging to track. Any help would be much appreciated!

Also site is built in CSS if this makes a difference

Hmm I think both idevaffiliate and post affiliate pro can do this. There is some record stored in the affiliate "sales" database that ties them to the customer - e.g. the email of the customer.

You'll need to check with them direct as I haven't looked at this lately.
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

3. Thanks From:

Hi,

I'm from Quality Unit and I can explain how technically works offline marketing in Post Affiliate Pro:

- we use Coupons feature for tracking offline sales.
    - every coupon you can assign to specific affiliate and later record sale by this coupon
    - for every coupon you can define how long it is valid, how many times it can be used, etc...

- sale will be assigned to affiliate by coupon ID, because there is relation between coupon and affiliate, you don't need any emails or additional information during sale recording

- if you need to process higher number of offline sales, you can use also bar codes and scan them with bar code reader during sale recording - Post Affiliate Pro directly generates bar codes for you !
    How it can work: Merchant will prepare for affiliate coupons (import or automatically generate) and format them into nice layout (e.g. prepare any nice document about your product with coupon id or bar code at the end) ... only work of affiliate will be just to print his coupons and give them to your future customers. Your customer will come to your shop, show you the coupon, you will enter the coupon id or read bar code and enter the amount of sale in merchant panel (API integration with 3rd party systems is also possible) ...... and that is all, sale is already assigned to affiliate and he gets commissions for that sale.

- BTW: you can generate multiple coupon campaigns or even multiple coupon types in same campaign, so for each set of coupons you can generate your own commissions structure. It is pretty flexible, because coupons behaves as next type of banner .... you can see detailed statistic for each set of coupons
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; February 9th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

Affiliate Manager
    This is pretty close to a thread I started yesterday. We are trying to collect by having new members pay by check - so we went with idevaffiliate.

Unitminer - we didn't wanted to keep our price at "x" dollars and not go up further (so it doesn't sound too expensive). Is there a way to ensure people will enter a "code" without using the "enter a discount code for $50 off" or something like that. I'd hate to have a "coupon" system and someone come from an affiliate and they don't enter the affiliate number (ie. coupon) and the affiliate doesn't get paid.

I see where TheOwensGroup is going with this to have the system set up so it tracks online but have the customer fill out a form or more info page so the affiliate is tracked but we can still collect the fees by check, mail, etc.

On my post, I suggested the user pay a $20 "processing" or setup fee (or something to that effect) and that way, it's tracked through the affiliate software and then we have the user send the remaining balance by check/wire/bank transfer. People agreed with my initial thought that this would turn affiliates/customers away with that extra step.

Quote Originally Posted by brian moore
    This is pretty close to a thread I started yesterday. We are trying to collect by having new members pay by check - so we went with idevaffiliate.

Unitminer - we didn't wanted to keep our price at "x" dollars and not go up further (so it doesn't sound too expensive). Is there a way to ensure people will enter a "code" without using the "enter a discount code for $50 off" or something like that. I'd hate to have a "coupon" system and someone come from an affiliate and they don't enter the affiliate number (ie. coupon) and the affiliate doesn't get paid.

I see where TheOwensGroup is going with this to have the system set up so it tracks online but have the customer fill out a form or more info page so the affiliate is tracked but we can still collect the fees by check, mail, etc.

On my post, I suggested the user pay a $20 "processing" or setup fee (or something to that effect) and that way, it's tracked through the affiliate software and then we have the user send the remaining balance by check/wire/bank transfer. People agreed with my initial thought that this would turn affiliates/customers away with that extra step.
    Brian, I'm not sure what is your target in this case, but if you are able to identify visitor on your website, than you don't need coupons at all

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread