Good Clicks - Lousy Sales
    I am getting really good pageviews, click-throughs, etc...but sales are awful. Worst ever! Yesterday didn't even have to happen. Glad I enjoyed the day despite it all.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Sorry to hear. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's still early.

I think it's too soon to tell..

A number of my merchants are on delayed batch processing which makes me think there is human intervention.

I'm finding traffic slooooow today but I suspect everyone is sleeping in, or out shopping in the real world

As noted, watch out for batch processing, which can screw up your "real-time" performance data.

But I'm always skeptical of the idea of "good clicks." I think you meant that you've sent a substantial volume of clicks, and I assume that you have no reason to expect this traffic to perform differently than past traffic, yet you're seeing a lower conversion rate. But maybe there are other factors here -- for example, a SERP adjustment (especially for a single keyword) might have brought you a higher number of "window shoppers" than is typical for your site.

Keep in mind, too, that many shoppers may be checking online pricing (and maybe even putting stuff in shopping carts) but are waiting to see if they can get a better price in stores this morning. That's what "Cyber Monday" is all about -- people who tried to buy on Black Friday (and the weekend) but who find that they can't beat the online price and then place the order on Monday (often using a computer at the office -- hopefully the same computer they used when they clicked your affiliate link).

I'm really concerned that some of the big ticket item sales are being lost to the online customer service reps standing by to help. You can't blame the retailer for offering this, but I know we lose the sale...which sucks. I'm sure there is no way to credit us for bringing the customer to the sites. Good point about the batch deal though.. I didn't think of that.
    Last edited by leeann; November 27th, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I totally agree!! Calls Kill the Sales...Might be we can use the pay per call method integrate it will normal affiliate traffic.

But conversion also depend on the offer,landing page of the offer and the traffic you have.

Clicks are substantially higher than they've been all year and what little sales stats are available are showing a slightly above average day. I won't know the full situation until tomorrow when all the reports have come in. I don't think the customer service reps are having any impact on our sales. I doubt anybody has enough staff to support the millions of shoppers coming to their sites today. Plus most merchants want their customers to buy through the cart regardless of whether they provide chat support. Its easier to handle the transactions that way.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Decent sales on my PPC campaign. Good clicks on my Black Friday pages, but only 1 little sale so far. I think (hope) things will pick up this afternoon.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

http and a telephoto
    Think people are "window shopping" today, we are getting lots of clicks from affiliates black friday pages, but I think people are still shopping around and will come back after they shop out in the "real world" and get tired of fighting crowds.

I'm thinking tomorrow and Sunday will be good days.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thumbs down Crap
    Wow, I have been completely outplayed all day.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Think people are "window shopping" today, we are getting lots of clicks from affiliates black friday pages, but I think people are still shopping around and will come back after they shop out in the "real world" and get tired of fighting crowds.

I'm thinking tomorrow and Sunday will be good days.
    I think you're right. The stuff that's selling for me today usually isn't discounted anywhere, so there's not a lot of window shopping to do for it. And the stuff that's getting a lot of interest/clicks, but no sales, is stuff that is window-shoppable. LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

We are anticipating a good weekend but really targeting Cyber Monday. As Loxly said its definitely a window shopping day today.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Where do you find 'batch delay' or 'delayed batch delay' information?

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread