Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What I am planning to do starting next month:

1 - Get a new .com domain name.
    2 - Find all the merchants that will make me $1.00 a month per pages where I put their links or banners.
    3 - Create 5,000 to 10,000 pages on that new site and only advertise the merchants that guarantee to pay me no less than $12.00 a year for every page that I promote with their products or services.
    4 - Place a link from my main site to the new site and wait for Google to do his thing.
    5 - Make sure that any new page that I make will generate no less than 25¢ a week, any merchant that is not capable of making me 25¢ a week on a page for more than three weeks, must be moved to a regular general links page until it start producing money.
    6 - There will be a grace period of six months at the beginning to allow the SE to find and index the entire site and for some adjustment to the pages that may be needed, so if I start on May 1st., by the end of November this plan must be working.
    7 - If nothing hit's the fan between now and then, I should have made a minimum of $5,000.00 by Friday December 31st. 2004.

Now, feel free to steal my idea and implement this plan for your own benefit, remember that even with one eBay nickel on every page you might reach the five grand by December but, if you go that way, you probably will need 5 nickels per page just in case there're four reversals.

If anyone use my plan and find it useful and profitable, all I ask is that they post their results on January 2005

Sal.

http and a telephoto
    I just put up a new 60,000 page site featuring 4 merchants, so following your formula I would expect to be a millionaire by December If only it would work that way

I think you have a good plan though, might give it a go with some different products.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Create 5,000 to 10,000 pages on that new site and only advertise the merchants that guarantee to pay me no less than $12.00 a year for every page that I promote with their products or services.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since you hope to make more than 12 a year I assume all these merchants already have affiliate programs. Why would they guarantee you 12 on top of that?

"Since you hope to make more than 12 a year I assume all these merchants already have affiliate programs. Why would they guarantee you 12 on top of that?"

There're no guarantee on this business but.....
    --------------------
    Sir Isaac Newton

English mathematician and physicist; remembered for developing the calculus and for his law of gravitation and his three laws of motion (1642-1727)
    --------------------

After the apple had fallen on his head, what do he did with that apple besides the gravity thing?, apple pie?, eat the apple and cultivate the seed's?... who knows what happen to that apple, the main point is that he came up with an idea and we all know the rest......

If I try to think about making $5,000.00 a month, I may not put all my efforts forward because then I will worry about not reaching that goal every month and instead of making money pages I be just making pages and hoping to make a lot of money on that site.

On the other hand, if I just try to concentrate on one page at the time because I will make at least $1.00 a month on that page, then..... How many pages like that one can I do in 30 days?

I posted only one of my feasible ideas but, not all the details. With a little twist and a open mind, this idea can make someone big money on the long run.

Like I said above, I am going to start to do my own version next month on a new site and see where I am by January 2005, for now I am just cleaning house and looking for the income providers that I will use on that site.

Sal.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Who's idea?

you can even start clicking your banners as well lol

ABW Ambassador
    What kind of crappy site only makes $1 per merchant per month? That means hardly anyone finds what they are looking for. Is it some kind of spam or something?

---------------
    [[["you can even start clicking your banners as well lol

You see, there are two kind of people in the world today.
    We have, the playaz, and we have, the playa haters."]]]
    ---------------

I see, there are three kind of people in the world today.

The one that complain about their lemons and don't do nothing.
    The one that get their lemons and make lemonade.
    The one that see a new fruit and think is a lemon.

---------------
    [[["What kind of crappy site only makes $1 per merchant per month? That means hardly anyone finds what they are looking for. Is it some kind of spam or something?"]]]
    ---------------

Only a crappy site will make $1 per merchant per month.
    That means that if you had a full autoparts store and you only sell car fuses, then you have a crappy site.

---------------
    [[[" Is it some kind of spam or something?"]]]
    ---------------

I hate spam so much that I don't even have, had nor will ever get, buy build nor use a mailing list, I am so sick of the spam that I receive daily that I wish all the spamers get what they deserve soon.

Some people see lightning and run inside and hide, some people see lightning and think about electricity.

Some people will get it and some people will just complain about everything new they see or hear for the first time.

There're those that critique and construct and there're those that critique and destruct.

Sal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loxly:
    I just put up a new 60,000 page site featuring 4 merchants, so following your formula I would expect to be a millionaire by December If only it would work that way <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Loxly, how can you create 60,000 unique pages for a new site? I am just baffeled by that large of a number. Do you use webmerge to create them that quickly?

Dak

http and a telephoto
    I have a link building program (that is not inexpensive) that you build a template for and you can build the directory WITH detail pages for every link. It is taking up A LOT of space, but it has the potential to be a consistent money maker.

Every link has a detail page associated with it, so every product in a datafeed gets it's own page. I have some small feeds to add to the site as well, but the main merchants are already there and waiting for Google to sniff on by.

WebMerge is a great product, but I am using a program that has a jump.cgi to cloak the links so they get past Norton and other ad blocking software. Plus I know how the spiders crawl my existing sites and how the shoppers find them and the directory structure that I can create with Web Merge doesn't meet my needs for this particular site.
    Deborah Carney

Loxly -
    I just sent you a PM.

Burke

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>how can you create 60,000 unique pages for a new site? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If you have the time & inclination to learn programming skills, you can generate a huge number of dynamically generated pages with a minimum of files.

Example, using the BestForeignParts datafeed and ASP, in effect I create nearly 400,000 product pages generated on-demand. One datafeed file and three ASP files does it all.

Wayne

http and a telephoto
    ASP is one language I have never been able to wrap my head around... Perl, PHP I can work with, but ASP I haven't had luck with so I stay away. Kudos to those of you that use it

And the BFP feed sends me screaming to the liquor cabinet (not really, but it is VERY intimidating!)
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    A friend wrote a short script for me that did nothing more than connect to the DB, find the values of two fields, write them to the browser & close. Maybe 20 lines, most of it in the connection portion. That was my start with ASP. Built slowly on that 'till it became a huge part of what I do.

If you can do PHP & Perl, you can do ASP. Not sure why you would need to though if you have the tools to do what needs to be done. I always laugh when someone answers a question about your chosen language by telling you to change to theirs.

Wayne

To: Deborah and Wayne,

What are you two people trying to do to me?, now I feel like running away and hide under the bed.

The name of this topic is: Feel free to steal my idea...
    And
    Not: Poor Mr. Sal, ... he only have 7,000 pages and want's to make only $1.00 a month for each page.

Well, I want some compensation, either donate 10% of your pages to me or I will send my lawyer the {public defender} after your pages.

I am suffering from pain and anguish and after I was hit with 60k book and then run over by a 400k encyclopedia.

Sal.
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

http and a telephoto
    Poor Sal, I'm sorry. It isn't the number of pages but the quality of them. Or some such thing like that...

Truth is, so far 90% of my income comes from 10% of my pages (two merchants and adsense). Putting up lots more than 60,000 pages with cloaked links this week to try and turn that around. And adding afrsc=1 or what ever that code thingy is to a couple of sites as I type this (perl script running in the background) since sales for 2 merchants have gone into the toilet in the last 6 months. One is soft in the first Q anyways, but can't hurt to try right?

You have a noble goal, it is an inspiration. My sites are mostly detail pages for products and the spiders seem to like that. So will give them a few more to munch on. Other people do well with front ends and sending shoppers to the merchant really fast. So am trying some of both. Custom 404 pages are a wonderful thing if 6 months from now I want to pull all those detail pages and cut back 75% of my server space.
    Deborah Carney

Deborah,

After I had bought the full version of WebMerge I finally made my first over 1000 pages of luggage products and then I wait for the SE to index those pages, three months later all those pages get listed on Google and then I started to get the hits but, it was not what I was expecting money wise.

Last month I joined a perfume merchant.

Two days later I decided to use his datafile and make all those products pages just for the 4 letter word of it and to practice making pages with WebMerge.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In less than a week later I had all those perfume pages listed on Google and by today I have some sales on that merchant.

I just want to ask you how long it takes you to upload 60,000 pages to one site before I ask you how and what do you use for that mayor upload.

I will just tell you that it take me a very loooooooooong time for me just to upload 2k pages using FrontPage 98.

Sal.

http and a telephoto
    I didn't use webmerge, I used a server based cgi script and I didn't have to wait for it to upload The 40,000 page site I do build on my pc takes overnight to upload. I set ftp on and go to bed and forget about it.

The 60,000 page site got another 18,000 pages tonight from 3 datafeeds. Took about an hour to get the feeds ready and load them, and about 20 minutes to build the pages.

ps. guess i better get my fragrance pages up!!! Was waiting to hear if there was an updated feed coming along...
    Deborah Carney

Loxly

I PM'd you...

ABW Ambassador
    I have come to the conclusion that Webmaster Mike was right all along. Haiko left to do his new affiliate network, and ABW is on its way to becoming a festering training center for new spam techniques and BHOs.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Well, since the two of you are some kind of Page Spammers,.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The point is, the scripts will create as many product pages as there are products in the database. That 400k is from a single datafeed. There doesn't physically exist a page for any product, the scripts generate the menu pages & the product pages only when a visitor clicks a link and the page only exists on their browser for that moment.

I never added them up, but since you're keeping score, Im sure the total number of datafeed generate pages I "made" this way starting this past October is up to around 3 or 4 million. Maybe much more? I don't think of them as spam at all.

My book review & author directory pages are also ASP/database generated. Thats up to about 30,000 dynamically-generated pages created with a couple of files.

Wayne

Wayne,

I dint meant nothing bad by that [the two of you are some kind of page s......] I was joking about the amount of pages I have in comparison with the amount the two of you had made.

There're a few datafeed that I want to use but, since they take me to long to upload I just don't make the pages.

Since I have the time & inclination to learn all I can learn, I am going to try learn ASP language.

If I was able to learn other stuff before, I guess I can learn ASP language in a few months, I want to be capable of having as many pages as possible by next year on the web.

Sal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have come to the conclusion that Webmaster Mike was right all along. Haiko left to do his new affiliate network, and ABW is on its way to becoming a festering training center for new spam techniques and BHOs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree. For goodness sake, tens of thousands of pages created in the way it sounds many are doing are the type of things that give affiliates a bad name. Not just that, but if we're not careful, google and other search engines will start having to add penalties to affiliate sites...otherwise the search engnes will become full of literally multi-millions of spammy duplicates of merchant sites' pages.

Datafeeds should come with a health warning - use with care and dilgence, and create a quality experience for the visitor...not just splurge out 10s of thousands of crappy duplicate pages which anyone can do and creates a gunk-filled searching experience on the search engines...which could bite us all badly if affiliate-site-penalties start happening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Datafeeds should come with a health warning - use with care and dilgence, and create a quality experience for the visitor...not just splurge out 10s of thousands of crappy duplicate pages which anyone can do and creates a gunk-filled searching experience on the search engines...which could bite us all badly if affiliate-site-penalties start happening. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I agree that anyone can do it and might create a gunk-filled searching experience on the search engines...which could bite us all badly if affiliate-site-penalties start happening, I disagree on calling anyone that mention the word WebMerge or Datafeeds an search engines spammers.

I don't use any mailing list, I don't like to be on any mailing list, I hate all the spam that arrive at my inbox daily but, just because I hate all those people that use a mailing list, to send spam, I don't go around accusing every ethical and honest webmaster that use a mailing list for his newsletter an e-mail spammer.

It's the same with the data feed users, just because someone uses a program like WebMerge or any other script in order to make 50,000 pages from a merchant products database, that don't make every body a page spammer.

If you're carrying a gun, that don't make you a killer.
    If you open a pharmacy, that don't make you a drug dealer.
    If you open a funeral home, that don't make you the enemy of people alive. (I hope not)

If you're a newbie, that don't make you stupid.
    If you're a veteran, that don't make you an expert automatically.

So if "ABW is on its way to becoming a festering training center for new spam techniques and BHOs" just because we talk about pages made from Datafeeds in order to provide products pages for our visitors and at the same time try to make an honest living, then so be it...... join the new training center for new spam techniques or open your own center and good luck.

Sal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast