Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Great Merchant! Great Product! Freaking HORRENDOUS Shipping & Handling Charges - :-(
    Can I vent?

I've been going through the store process for some of my affiliates with High CTR vs. LOW Sales etc ...

I'm finding $19.95 products with shipping and HANDLING costs of $23.00 plus - Not Heavy Products at all.

Everyone thinks that Billy Mays ( God Rest his Soul ) was a great pitchman...

What he was ( other than a great pitchman ) is that he invented the Buy One Get One Free, just pay extra shipping and handling.

Are We Freaking Stupid Guys and Gals?

That Handling Charge can be a DEAL BREAKER!!

Breathe In..... / Breathe Out..... -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

I can top this one.

There's a card joint pushing banners "Get 10 cards free" bonus when you order a regular batch. Fine print: "Christmas cards excluded". I'm glad I had the wherewithal to check the offer myself before blowing a couple million impressions on them.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    I can top this one.

There's a card joint pushing banners "Get 10 cards free" bonus when you order a regular batch. Fine print: "Christmas cards excluded". I'm glad I had the wherewithal to check the offer myself before blowing a couple million impressions on them.
    Just saw your title ....

Would make a great mascot for the new site layout eh?

Laughing My Ass Off -

Coley won't like that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to our dilemma ...

I'm betting it was a larger merchant that did it too!

I've been going thru this all day and am just amazed at some of the crap on the back end.

I'm getting rid of low performing merchants with excessive handling fees before Black Monday.

On the flip side tho .........

I've had a pretty fun run the last few days with some great merchants, that are large and in charge .... Sales are up over 300% from last year. So I don't want to insinuate that large merchants are all out to get anybody ...

Just pays to do a little homework .....

Especially during the holidays.

'Cause it's Sink or Swim....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Makes me think of what to do next year with my impulse buy of B-a-HO.com as a insider view of what some Adwhore sleezebags are willing to do to gouge online shoppers. Opposite would be good to if only these merchants knew what conversion ratio (over 15%) they can get from a monthly email list to repeat buyers with a good landing page... www.suspenders.com/promo.htm just had a 21.6% conversion ratio for the pre-christmas and new product intro. This just picks up page views and other product sales from browsers.

Desperate merchant Idiots and their B-a-HO's woulkd ruin this respected email list to bombblast custoemrs with weekly deals and wonder why conversion rates plummet and unsubscribes go through the roof...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Discounting products below cost and charging absurd shipping & handling seems to be an effective strategy for merchants who target "barebones" price-comparison sites [including Froogle] that don't include s&h in their results. (This used to be a very common strategy on eBay also.)

Another common beneficiary of "barebones" price-comparison sites are merchants who charge low prices, but don't clearly disclose that the items are being shipped from Asia (slow delivery, potential customs problems, often counterfeit goods, shoddy quality, and worthless/ridiculous warranty & return policies).

These types of "deceptive merchants" (IMHO) do often appear on (and disappear from) affiliate networks, but rarely survive for a year or more. Their affiliate programs often have other "defects" (such as incorrect implementation of tracking, or failing to keep their accounts funded).

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread