My patience is growing thin ...
    I have notified CJ several (more than 3) times that their 'Contact Us' system does not work - their answer is they are aware and working on it - for over 4 months!!!

I have notified CJ repeatedly (more than 4 times) that I am having sever time-out problems in trying to download their datafeeds (both to my local computer and through a cron job (that works for their competitors) to my server.

In the last 2 days I have been completely blocked from CJ datafeeds.

I world call them but, of course they are off for Thanksgiving.

CJ --- HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by micheck
    In the last 2 days I have been completely blocked from CJ datafeeds.
    I was not able to grab feeds from CJ today. I tried 3 times. Not a good time to have a datafeed outage...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I have been trying to use the contact us system for a couple of weeks now. Thought maybe I was the only one.

For what good it has done recently for me ... Client Support at CJ 800-761-1072

Thank you micheck

The CJ FTP server is DEATH SLOW - I can download my files but the speed is about 6 KB/s! This reminds me of 9600 baud modem days...

I have put in a complaint - hopefully the more complaints they get, the closer we are to a resolution. FTP is not rocket science, machine power and bandwidth.

Yelling and Screaming on my part does work - it appears that my server did download the CJ data last night - I don't know how slowly but it is there

I've been battling the CJ FTP server all morning. I have resorted to a GUI FTP program, but still can't get halfway through the download without time-outs. I haven't had a complete file transfer in over an hour. I was able to grab all the small files, but anything over 700KB is failing for me...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I gave up on the "contact us" system long ago. I've had a major issue for a few weeks, and when I first noticed it, I used the internal email system and regular email. I sent four or five emails over each over about a week, and finally got a telephone call back, on a Friday. I was told they did not know why the problem was happening, had no other complaints, and would not have any info until Monday, but would call back then. That was two weeks ago, and I've had no communication since, and the problem has not been fixed.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I use the following batch file to gather CJ - it allows 'unlimited' retrys and pulls the data sometimes a record at a time between retries - but it has fought its way through:

c:
    cd\public_html\_data
    wget -c -nv -T30 -N ftp://*MyNumber*:*MyCJPassword*@datatransfer.cj.com/outgoing/productcatalog/*MyDataDirectory*/*.*
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; November 29th, 2009 at 06:11 PM.

I spaketh too soon - I have been blocked out of the CJ Datafeed for the last two days - I just tried to force a download (not using cron) and it has timed out repeatedly - for comparison my LS and SAS transfers went through with no errors.

CJ's ticket system still doesn't work for me (5 months now) and of course I didn't notice the data outage before their telephone person went to the beach ... so ... darn

Does anyone have a CJ email address that bypasses the broken ticket system - maybe to MR CJ?

I've got an open "Support Ticket", which I've been updating with problems each day. I have been having horrible problems as well, including not being able to log in or list directories. I get the feeling that fixing this is a low priority for them...

This is the update I received from CJ on 10/9, via the "Ask a Question" UI:

We recently discussed this FTP issue at a meeting -- the engineering and product teams are still looking into what is using the servers' bandwidth. Larger products catalogs will be affected most by this problem at this time. A fix should be implemented as soon as the source of these issues is discovered. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we resolve this issue.

Sincerely,
    Commission Junction Technical Support

Affiliate Manager GlobalGolf-Amanda's Avatar
    Not sure if it will help, but here is another number for CJ:

And for those across the pond:
    UK: +44 (0)20 8785 5870
    Germany: +49 (0)89 66547930
    Spain: +34 (0)91 745 99 43
    France:+33 (0)1 46 51 40 71
    Sweden: +46 (0)8 562 10 350

CJ is excellent at keeping their direct email addresses as hidden as possible. The format is firstinitiallastname@cj.com,
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Amanda Moralis
    GlobalGolf.com | GolfShoesOnly.com | TaylorMadeGolfPreOwned.com
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2132449]Join our affiliate program![/URL] | [URL=http://globalgolfaff.blogspot.com/]GlobalGolf & GSO Affiliate Blog[/URL] | [URL=http://feeds.feedburner.com/ggaffs/]Coupon Feed[/URL]

So I actually got a phone call from CJ! That's never happened before...

They plan on rolling out a fix next Tuesday. They also said that you needed to make sure that your network timeout was > 60 seconds. I'm not sure how effective that is going to be, because mine was already much greater.

Also, transferring at non-peak times and not at the top of the hour might help.

I am often guilty of complaining loudly when something does not work but forgetting to thank the folks when they fix the problem. Hopefully, this will not jinks me - but, THANK YOU CJ IT people for making some changes to the CJ Datafeed system. I've had 7 very fast full download sessions with NO PROBLEMS since mid December.

THANK YOU, again - Charles

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread