ABW Ambassador
    How's Holiday Shopping Going?
    First, good luck to everybody as tomorrow starts the unofficial start to the online holiday shopping season even tho sales are already kicking off, some reports starting to come out -

Black Friday Boasts $595 Million in U.S. Online Holiday Spending, Up 11 Percent Versus Year Ago

http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events...ersus_Year_Ago

The biggest online shopping days of the year are usually the second Monday of December but 2 out of the last 3 years it was a little different -

Biggest Online Shopping Days from 2000-2008

http://onlinebusiness.volusion.com/a...pping-day-2008

ABW Ambassador
    Good insight ...
    2009 seems to be shaping better than 2008. Trends are good. May be the consumer confidence is feeling good for now

http and a telephoto
    Second Tuesday in December has been my experience from the retail merchant side (starting with when I was at CafePress). Not always the biggest affiliate sales day, but the biggest *shopping* day. Will be interesting to see how it goes with the extra Cyber Monday hype, which I disagree that it should be a day in November at all!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Not that our stuff is particularly "gifty", but we didn't really see a noticeable increase in traffic this weekend. Today was a little stronger.

In fairness, we're working from a disadvantage. Our store isn't well established in the SERPs yet because it's pretty new. I wasn't expecting to retire Friday
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Today started out pretty promising, but I've only had one sale post since 10am. I'm hoping things pick up around the 6pm pacific time frame.

I forget whose sig it was, but... "Coincidence me, baby." LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Just occurred to me... Maybe folks are window shopping at work and buying when they get home, which sucks cuz our cookies don't follow them home!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

ABW Ambassador
    ‘Cyber Monday’ sales rise 20 percent over 2008
    Another report finds that retail sales rose 0.9 percent for Friday, Saturday

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34204028...small_business

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    ‘Cyber Monday’ sales rise 20 percent over 2008
    Another report finds that retail sales rose 0.9 percent for Friday, Saturday

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34204028...small_business
    Friday was better for me. My sales are down from Friday and about 50% of yesterday so far.

ABW Ambassador
    From the story above.. CyberMonday losing its significance?
    I don't think so based on numbers!

"

The Monday after Thanksgiving is usually far from the busiest online shopping day of the year, but it is typically one of the 10 busiest. It was dubbed "Cyber Monday" by the National Retail Federation trade group in 2005 to describe the Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday.

The thinking was that shoppers who lacked broadband Internet access at home would wait until returning to work to look online. Now that most homes have broadband, that rationale has faded.
    "

Well, I just had a few sales from around 1:30pm post more than 4 hours later on CJ, so maybe there's a lag in reports. Haven't had much in the way of sales on the other networks except for SAS and Amazon.

ABW Ambassador
    CJ posting is delayed 3 to 4 hours today as of now. They will catch up at some point later today hopefully!

Outsourced Program Manager AdZaz's Avatar
    Looking good so far, 3 more hours of "couch shopping" here in the east before we close our stats for the day. I have to agree with redtagdeals that the basis for the "Cyber Monday" rush may have changed, we had a banner day yesterday as well...

The thinking was that shoppers who lacked broadband Internet access at home would wait until returning to work to look online. Now that most homes have broadband, that rationale has faded.

Even with reporting delay times LS & SAS are doing pretty good for me, the others not so much. Although I have not compared the stats with last years yet, but I would bet that they are up and the others are down. Obviously that may be due to promotion efforts.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

I just had a nice $1200 sale post. Too bad it wasn't $12000. But, hey...I'll take it. A bit busier for me every day this past extended weekend. Happy Shopping Everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    I just had a nice $1200 sale post. Too bad it wasn't $12000. But, hey...I'll take it. A bit busier for me every day this past extended weekend. Happy Shopping Everyone!!!
    Nice. My best for the day was $300. No more sales in CJ since my last post. I'm really hoping I have sales that just haven't posted yet.

Well, sales from the 6pm hour just posted on CJ and I officially made more commission today than Friday, though I'm still waiting for reports to catch up for the rest of the day.

Did your Cyber Monday sales surpass any of your holiday weekend sales?

Cyber Monday was better than Friday (by miles) for me.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    Was just reading - http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com..._blg=1,1503092

"They rose 6% to $4.8 billion for the week, setting a one-week sales record, with Tuesday, Dec. 15, the heaviest online spending day ever. Transactions totaled $913 million."

It's looking like Monday 12/14 was my best day for this holiday shopping season, which was about what I expected.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The fishing crowd was not strong this year at all. Plenty of traffic, but not great with sales. Again, I don't expect to clean up with that stuff, and I really kind of half heartedly promote these days anyhow (because of future plans), but I thought it would be stronger.

There's always March and April
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    It's looking like Monday 12/14 was my best day for this holiday shopping season, which was about what I expected.
    I haven't really been targeting 4th quarter long enough to have real expectations based on "my" historical performance.

Affiliate Sales - not counting my travel business, Tuesday, the 15th was the best online day EVER (in numbers of sales) and this had been the best 4th quarter (since I began diversifying from the travel vertical).

Merchant Sales - Our brand new program is doing far better this month than we ever imagined it would. I am looking forward to begin actively promoting at Affiliate Summit.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

My best day was Dec 2nd, but this month has been quite good overall. It's already surpassed my best month in the past.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    My best day was Dec 2nd, but this month has been quite good overall. It's already surpassed my best month in the past.

- Scott
    This month has been the best of my affiliate career. My best day in terms of sales was December 5th by far. My best day in terms of commission was December 9th because bonuses for November posted.

I'm very happy with how I did this year, but I identified plenty of things I could improve on for next year. Overall, I'm inspired and am ready to hit 2010 running!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    My biggest fitness equipment merchant peaked on 11/19 and then again on 12/13.

Our ladder merchant peaked on 11/30 with the next on 12/15.

Biggest day for pet products was 11/21 then again on 12/07.

Free shipping was a big motivator for sales.

Cyber Monday was my biggest day, roughly 25% higher than the "Green Mondays" Dec. 7th and 14th.
    Your Ad Here.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread