ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down 6.pm Tracking Issues Black Friday Weekend
    I have been sending 6.pm many sales over the last few years daily for their footwear and one of my best converting links suddenly disappeared a few days before the Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping weekend. I would have made quite a bit this weekend from them but they must of known that if they deactivated my link then they can get some free targeted traffic and not pay me a cent. For a long time I have been getting many of my sales returned which I know does happen in the shoe business but this latest stunt by them is just plain nasty. I only had a chance to check my reports and stats yesterday and I thought it was strange that no sales have been reported for them for a week now. I then just logged into CJ to see the link I was using to send them the traffic was no longer active in CJ. I then checked my link from my site but it still worked perfectly fine.

I would suggest if any of you have high performing links then double check them as you will find that greedy affiliate managers would have deactivated them before this weekend as they know that they can ride the CJ system because the links will still send them targeted traffic and they don't have to pay us a damn thing.

Well done 6.PM Affiliate Manager, Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

No sales from 6pm for me this weekend. Guess I better check..
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

When you say "deactivated" is this in regards to the link going totally dead / nowhere?

Or is this for like when a timeframe of the link expires? Doesnt that still get tracked?
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Hmm now you've got me curious too. Lots of traffic sent to 6pm this weekend, but not a single sale since 11/25. Normally see a few orders from them each day. Where are you seeing the deactivation notice?
    Your Ad Here.

Quote Originally Posted by affninja
    Hmm now you've got me curious too. Lots of traffic sent to 6pm this weekend, but not a single sale since 11/25. Normally see a few orders from them each day. Where are you seeing the deactivation notice?
    They were not informed that the link was deactivated. They discovered it on CJ after no sales were reported.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I sent the affiliate manager an email to let them know about this thread. Hopefully they can shed some light on the issue. Let's at least give them a chance to do the right thing.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by affninja
    Hmm now you've got me curious too. Lots of traffic sent to 6pm this weekend, but not a single sale since 11/25.
    Same here. Just checked CJ, the link we use is still there. Wonder why

I got the following reply from them:
    Thanks for the heads up Michael!

We are having a pixel issue on our end that we are still tackling. Hopefully the pixel issue will be fixed by the end of today. We are coordinating with CJ to figure out the compensation for affiliates. The compensation should be figured out by the end of the week.

We understand this is a bad time to have something like this happen and are working diligently to fix the problem.

Ned Farra
    Zappos.com
    Online Partnership Extraordinaire
    702 943 7777 x7216
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

They discovered it on CJ after no sales were reported.
    But how do you see a deactivated link in cj? Does it show in the report as "Invalid links generating traffic"? I have only been aware of links not working when a merchant is deactivated, never have seen an individual link deactivated.

ABW Ambassador
    I wasn't too sure how that worked either.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    But how do you see a deactivated link in cj?
    some links do get expired.
    op said "best converting links suddenly disappeared", so I assume it's not in the current text/banner link list.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes I mean expired link, so if the link is not showing in their Get Links page then I gather it has been expired. So I was using an expired link but was not aware it was expired and I just don't like the timing. I don't use pixels and it was just a text link. I have also contacted my performance manager who is looking into it. Maybe there is some technical issue and let's hope they do the right thing and compensate and they I can forgive them for this.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The pixel is on the merchant thank you page and not on the affiliate end. Looks like a tracking issue on the merchant end. When this has happened with any of the programs i manage I figure the average daily number of clicks and average commission per click. Then I manually add it back to the program.

started to see 6pm orders last night. glad it's fixed. Thank Michael for following up with them. Now let's see how they compensate the not tracked sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    The pixel is on the merchant thank you page and not on the affiliate end. Looks like a tracking issue on the merchant end. When this has happened with any of the programs i manage I figure the average daily number of clicks and average commission per click. Then I manually add it back to the program.
    multiplied by what in this case because it was Black/Cyber weekend?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    multiplied by what in this case because it was Black/Cyber weekend?
    Yeah exactly!

Anyone have any news or commissions paid for those missing days yet?

last weekend have passed and gone. Anyone got any update?

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread