OPM Costs
    I've only been here a few weeks, but I have already read an enormous amount of great information, including the merchant best practices, affiliate friendly policies and other quality information on getting started. Now I am trying to figure if it's best to:
    A.) Hire an OPM.
    B.) Hire an in-house AM
    C.) Do everything myself.

I think I have already ruled out C! ;-)

My question is: What are the typical costs of great OPM's and how do you come up with that figure? Is it a % of revenues, a salary + % etc. The obvious answer here is "it depends", but I am hoping someone can give me ball park numbers. Also, is there a list of recommended/respected OPM's at ABW that may be available?

A little about my site would help I'm sure. This is a brand new program, for an already established and optimized site. The site has thousands of products and the avg sale is $185. Overall conversion rate about 1%, but for targeted traffic is more like 3%. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks in advance!

ABW Ambassador
    You need to get in touch with some of the OPMs that are on Abestweb.

The answer really is, it depends

Most typically charge a fixed monthly fee (usually $1k - $5k depending on what's involved, the potential they see, the length of the contract, etc.) plus a percent of sales. It's rare that OPMs will work on a pure percentage of sales, because there's a ton of work up front before they start to see results and they've all been burned.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Most typically charge a fixed monthly fee (usually $1k - $5k depending on what's involved, the potential they see, the length of the contract, etc.) plus a percent of sales. It's rare that OPMs will work on a pure percentage of sales, because there's a ton of work up front before they start to see results and they've all been burned.
    ThePlow,

I couldn't have said it better than Michael. Feel free to contact me for a no obligation, free phone consultation. I will answer any questions you may have and steer you in the right direction.

Have an amazing day !!
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Online Marketing Consultant
    Yup, we all charge different prices and fees. Make sure you do a ton of research though before choosing which one you work with. Many work with Adware and others Will protect you. Many of us all have some niches where we can be the best fit, or some of us will recommend other OPMs if we are not strong in that area or do not have the capacity for a new Client.

Leave a message for me on my blog in my signature if you'd like to talk more. I moderate all posts so your info won't go public....also it is under construction and new so please pardon the appearance.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

http and a telephoto
    Talk to several OPMs before you make a decision, costs vary, but you also want someone that you are comfortable with. We have several merchants and only work with clients we feel good about, we won't take your money if you aren't a good fit. You might want to consider some consultations before you settle into a long term contract. Are you already on a network? Or are you running inhouse?

As already noted, if I don't think we are a good fit, we would recommend you to someone who is.

My contact info is in my sig, feel free to give us a shout.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread