Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fried Bologna
    Thick or Thin?

Mustard or Mayonnaise?

Just warmed through or almost burnt?

We had a small gathering last night and I asked those same questions. Majority liked thick with mustard but no real preference over it's crispiness.

I'm curious to see how a larger crowd feels about their fried bologna.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

ABW Ambassador
    fried bologna?

you have to be kidding. Yuck

Never tried it, although I know people who rave about it. I would probably prefer it somewhat charred with spicy/deli mustard.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    fried bologna?

you have to be kidding. Yuck
    Sorry, Julian, but your taste buds have been sorely neglected. Almost as good as a Taylor Pork Roll sandwich, fried bologna is great.

OK - thick or thin, partially sliced around the edges (like a pinwheel), fried 'til the edges are crispy, bread (can be a roll) needs to be toasted on the same grill (or in the same pan) as used for the bologna. Mustard of Mayo? Mustard - UNLESS there is one slice of American cheese on board, then there needs to be a touch of mayo and no mustard.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    *intrigued*

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm making scrambled eggs with hot (as in warmed up, not spicy) Italian salami for dinner, but I don't think I'd like hot bologna. Certainly not with mayonnaise.

It's gotta be better than Scrapple, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Ok I stopped eating processed meats years ago, but the only way to eat fried Bologna is with peanut butter on toast!!!! Really!!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Peanut butter and bologna, oh my, I don't know about that! I may try it next time. I eat peanut butter every day, even if it's just a spoonful.

I forgot to say how I like mine, two thin slices, crispy with mustard. Sometimes, two slices isn't enough and I just have to make a whole 'nother one.

I knew somebody would be grossed out, but I sure didn't think it would be the first reply!
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Oh yeah, if the slices are thin, they need to be cut like a pinwheel so that the edges don't curl up. Can't get an even fry that way. :>) And that's why I have to have two slices, so I can make sure there are no bare spots on the bread!

thin (too thick cuts oddly on the teeth)... a little crisped up, warmed through, but not charred. Good deli mustard, mayo, crisp lettuce, hearty roll, cheddar a little melty, sauteed onions and peppers... sort of like a great philly cheese, but bologna. yum.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=3][B]Molly Bradford[/B][/SIZE] | [SIZE=2][B][URL=http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/content/info/1059773978525/1]Affiliate Program Manager (join!)[/URL] | Vann's, Inc[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [SIZE=1]molly[dot]bradford[at]vanns[dot]net | [URL]www.vanns.com[/URL] | yahoo, msn, gchat ID: [B]mhaislnut[/B]
    [URL]www.twitter.com/vanns[/URL] | [URL]www.facebook.com/vanns[/URL] [/FONT][/SIZE]

I like my fried bologna thin (3 slices), almost burnt with Mayo.

Funny how just today I was thinking about making one...then realized I needed to get more bologna.

Is this thread inspired by Alan Jackson's new song by chance?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/alan-jacks...tml?id=1619153
    Your Ad Here.

vegetarian.
    Generate more fake news.

I don't eat bologna often. In fact, I haven't had it in years. But I like my bologna thin, crispy, generous slathering of mayo, and melty cheddar on top. Yum. It's probably a good thing I don't have it often...
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Tax Paying Member
    Cut from near the center to the edge (pinwheel) , Fried until the edges are crisp, almost charred. .Cover with slice of cheese...any kind......Heat again until cheese melts. Take 2 slices of white bread....lather one side of each with mayo....no mustard. Place bologna on one slice of bread...mayo side. Cover with other slice of bread. Mayo side toward the cheese. Get a glass of wine and .................eat slowy while sipping wine......
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Great, now I have Weird Al's "My Bologna" stuck in my head...

Goin' to the market now, market now
    I'm the city's biggest bologna buyer
    Walkin' down the shopping aisles, shopping aisles
    Filling up my basket with Oscar Meyer
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    vegetarian.
    What's your point, Gary? You should try it - I doubt there's any real meat in there, anyway. The meat is a myth.
    Quote Originally Posted by suzie250
    .....And that's why I have to have two slices, so I can make sure there are no bare spots on the bread!
    Agreed, absolutely gotta cover the bread!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Vanns
    ......Good deli mustard, mayo, crisp lettuce, hearty roll, cheddar a little melty, sauteed onions and peppers... sort of like a great philly cheese......
    Geeeze, Molly, with all that stuff on there you might as well forget the bologna (ain't gonna taste it, that's for sure).
    Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    ......Get a glass of wine and .................eat slowy while sipping wine.
    Yup. That, too, sounds like a good one. Especially with the glass of wine.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    The meat is a myth.
    Mythtery Meat.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Mythtery Meat.
    Yup, you got it.

BTW, had "another" great sandwich over the weekend: Grilled cheese with two thin and crispy slices of Taylor Pork Roll.

Exclamation
    no matter how thin you slice it, it's still bologna

Do you know what bologna is made from in the packing house?
    Lips and *******s from the beef!(joke)

Online Marketing Consultant
    No bologna here, but pepperoni and salami with provolone grilled works right now. lol.

Yum haven't had it for ages... now on the top of my shopping list

Thin, sliced pinwheel style. Slightly charred with spicy brown mustard on toasted whole wheat bread

No mayo.... never ever any mayo, but sometimes sliced tomatoes
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Don't worry Bill... I can still taste the bologna.

My favorite is actually bologna ring (boiled) w/ mac'n'cheese. As a child, we could pick our birthday dinner, I wanted this until I was about 12. Haven't had it in ages. I think w/ a 3-year-old it's time to bring it on.

She does each hot dogs w/ mac... we've affectionately names it "poodle noodles"...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=3][B]Molly Bradford[/B][/SIZE] | [SIZE=2][B][URL=http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/content/info/1059773978525/1]Affiliate Program Manager (join!)[/URL] | Vann's, Inc[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [SIZE=1]molly[dot]bradford[at]vanns[dot]net | [URL]www.vanns.com[/URL] | yahoo, msn, gchat ID: [B]mhaislnut[/B]
    [URL]www.twitter.com/vanns[/URL] | [URL]www.facebook.com/vanns[/URL] [/FONT][/SIZE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast