Merchants Who Suspended/Closed Acct. During the Holidays
    So we don't forget next year... Who are the merchants that have closed their accts, switched links out or did other activities which resulted in affiliate traffic getting diverted during the busy holiday?
    Last edited by leeann; December 1st, 2009 at 11:44 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Musclemaster.com / SAS
    Shut down on 12/1 w/ a note that they may resume business in 120 days.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Please Mum - CJ - Deactivated 11/23 - Reactivated 11/30
    leeann

http and a telephoto
    Joann.com (CJ) - site switch without updating the links in their datafeed! Links don't even go to a 404 page or the home page, they go to a server error page....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Skis.con - sent on cyber monday!!

"We're emailing today to inform you that we've made changes to ALL link URL's for Skis.com text links and banners. The change that we've made will allow us to more accurately track clicks and sales so that we can better serve you moving forward.

*** IMPORTANT: We ask that you update ALL links that you have on your site for Skis.com. Again, this is imperative for us to improve the program as we go forward.***

As an additional item of note, we have resolved all problems relating to our product catalog so if you have not already implemented our product catalog, you can do so now. It is certain to increase your sales if you do."

If you have any questions, please let me know.
    leeann

Got this one today. CJ

We regret to inform you that we will be cancelling the Ironman Home Gym Affiliate Program effective immediately.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Got this one today. CJ

We regret to inform you that we will be cancelling the Ironman Home Gym Affiliate Program effective immediately.
    I wonder if they are the same company as Musclemaster.com?
    leeann

CJ - Kusho.com and House of Brides were deactivated (along w/ several others) on 12/1. The others have been reactivated, but I do not see where these two have been. Anyone else see a reactivation for Kusho or House of Brides? Going on 2 full days of sales not getting credited if they are still deactivated.

I may have missed the reactivation emails.
    leeann

CPA Network Rep
    I think it may be worth trying IQ and Love quizzes over the holiday period. These offers run 24/7/365 days a year!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Zazzle did something to screw up their data feed a few weeks ago - and shame on Joann's for messing up their data feed. Both of these merchants lost big time this holiday season as did their affiliates. Besides making us crazy having to pull dead links at a very inopportune time, they're just plain stoopid for killing all links to them during the busiest shopping season of the year.

Who the hell is managing these programs?!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Motorbooks.com - CJ - closed 11/30 according to its affiliate page on its site.
    leeann

Avon cut their program today. I was a bit suspicious about the timing of that.

Carleenp -
    Avon I think is taking their program in house and terminated a whole lot of us before doin so. Don't know how anybody if they wanted to could get into it. Guess you could email em if you wanted. I don't wanna, tho. They gave me an excuse to remove them.

Leeann -
    Had been in House of Brides program at CJ before they went with SAS also. Haven't received any email sayin they've been reactivated at CJ but my SAS links are still working. Since what's goin on with CJ tho....not sure how long they'll be working, tho?? Might be a bad sign what's goin on with them at CJ.

And....Outdoor Decor finally put me outa my misery lol Have been debating and debating bout removing them from my site for some time cos they're either offline or images don't show, etc.. Only problem is they have a few niche type products that I can't find anywhere else. Have found a replacement site for some but not all. Was ONLY reason I didn't remove em, so them closing finally gave me one. lol

Might want to check your CJ email if you are a chumby affiliate. I didn't see an email come across in my reg. email acct., but did see on my CJ email that chumby dropped me on Nov. 24 for inactivity.
    leeann

do you think these offers shutdown to try and capture the holiday traffic rush, or it is a coincidence?

ShoeMall .com has been down for several days.

Affiliate Manager
    It was definitely not our intent to be down over the holidays. After a roller coaster weekend of the site being up and down, we are now 100% stable. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at afinn@masoncompaniesinc.com.

We truly value our relationships!
    Andrea Finn

On CJ.

We are discontinuing our Tea of the Month program. Your Tea-of-the-Month .com links will no longer be valid as of January 1, 2010.

What logic would a merchant have in shutting down over the holidays? I would think that it would be an opportunity to acquire more customers?

I guess that I am Naive'

They probably figure they can still get the sales without having to pay the affiliates any commission.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread