Who me? "....selected from thousands....."
    Imagine my pride and satisfaction when receiving my latest communication from LS. The title states "You Have Been Selected from Thousands of Publishers"

Boy, do I feel special! Did anyone else perchance receive this or, as the title implies, is it just a select few? (Sorry LS, I gotta pop the Q!)

I do not rely on Affiliate Marketing for any income at all and hence, refer to myself as a serious dabbler.

The first line of the email from LS goes on to say "As one of our most active Publishers, ...."

Wow. Poor Linkshare. I gotta tell you in all seriousness that if I am one of their "most active publishers" then LS has a problem with their publishers. A further reason for advertisers to think 8 times before signing up! But, I am very active deleting all their unsolicited emails! I dunno, maybe it's the LS reporting again that shows me as most active! Couldn't be their reporting could it?

Anyways, I feel certain a mistake must have been made in my case and would like to know how many others received this email and how "active" they are. Then, I can reply to LS with objectivity and factual comment as to their "survey request"!

Please, be gentle with my ego and dont let my "special feeling" be bumped to the ground too hard! Thanks.

I got the same communication. But mine was sent snail-mail.

I do a solid 2 figures a month w/LS.

Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    I do a solid 2 figures a month w/LS.
    Wow. And you are one of their" most active publishers" as well huh? Well, I am getting more impressed with every email posted.

I had better sit down before I read the next reply....

- fall off chair laughing so hard....

Quote Originally Posted by Aspasa
    Wow. Poor Linkshare. I gotta tell you in all seriousness that if I am one of their "most active publishers" then LS has a problem with their publishers. A further reason for advertisers to think 8 times before signing up! But, I am very active deleting all their unsolicited emails! I dunno, maybe it's the LS reporting again that shows me as most active! Couldn't be their reporting could it?
    Moi aussi. Actually, I think they targeted their "least active publishers" to find out why they weren't more active. Reverse psychology? Lordy, do they really think we're that dumb? Obviously, the answer is "yes."
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread