Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    15 years and counting
    IllPumpYouUp is a fraud
    This merchant at Shareasale is cheating their affiliates. They void most of the sales (Their Reversal Rate is 100%) with this reason: VOIDED Repeat Order Sale
    I don't have repeat sales from them.

I've been very patient. I had sales at the beginning of their program. ALL VOIDED. I kept a few links just to check them. More sales, more voided commissions. Cyber Monday traffic and more voided commissions.

Nothing in their agreement to indicate WHY they are voiding these sales.
    No mention of Shareasale on their site but they have one STRANGE affiliate program.
    Have a look: http://www.illpumpyouup.com/affiliate-program.htm

How it works? "By having Urchin Web Analytics, setting up affiliate sites is as simple as adding a text link to your site. " What!!!

Well, I still don't know how it works and why they are voiding my sales. Are they using Shareasale ONLY to drive traffic and rewarding their own affiliates?
    I'm pretty sure I've the last click.

Don't waste your time with them.

ABW Ambassador
    Add to this Eurohandbag merchant. This Cyprus based merchant denied sales tracked by SAS on the grounds that they trust their own (unknown) tracking better!

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Looks like I'llPumpYouUp.com and IWantMyVitamins.com are the same company? Do they both have affiliate programs?

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    Looks like I'llPumpYouUp.com and IWantMyVitamins.com are the same company? Do they both have affiliate programs?
    I checked their whois info: Same Company in Florida
    Same datafeed, similar template.
    Can find an affiliate program for IWantMyVitamins but if you search for
    - IWantMyVitamins affiliates - this thread is already in Google.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Same phone number on contact us pages.

15 years and counting
    From their own affiliate program:
    IllPumpYouUp.com Affiliate Program
    If you are looking for a great site to partner up with, you came to the right place. Our affiliate program is set up in a way that you will make money every time a user clicks on a link that takes them to our site. Even if the user doesn't purchase anything you still MAKE MONEY!
    I sent them traffic, converted in sales and I got nothing. What's that SAS?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    We'll check it out - thanks for the info and headsup.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

15 years and counting
    No pb. It's always good to know affiliates and networks have the same interest in mind.

Response
    Hello this is Pete with IllPumpYouUp.com, I wanted to take the time and elaborate a little bit more on Zeus's situation and other coupon type websites. A few years ago we created an account with ShareASales.com to get quality leads from other websites. As our affiliate numbers began to increase we started to noticed a lot of coupon type websites requesting to join our program. At first we thought, "What's the harm with these types of sites?" So, we approved them.

Almost immediately we started to see referrals from these coupons sites. However, after a closer look we noticed that almost all of these referral orders were coming from existing customers that have been shopping at our store for many years. We reached out to a couple of our regular customers to try to get some additional information. The consensus that we got was that before our customers completed their order they would search for coupon codes for our site. By clicking on one of these coupon sites that had a page for us, ShareASale.com would register that site as the referral site once the order was placed.

This was not the type of affiliate program that we were looking for; these sites were not bring us new customers and were getting paid for orders from existing customers. We went ahead and voided all referrals coming from these sites, coupon sites, which included Zeus's site. We have since removed all websites from our affiliate program that have the word 'coupon' in their domain name. Additionally we do not approve any coupon sites requesting to join our affiliate program.

We continue to use ShareASale.com since we do have many quality affiliates whose websites are geared towards bodybuilding, fitness and nutrition.

I hope this clears things up. Thank you for your time.

Welcome, Pete!

If you look closer, I think you'll find that not all coupon sites are created equal. Some leverage off of your brand as you describe, but others have large, established customer bases.

You might find some solutions to help reduce the number of customers that go searching for coupon codes in the following thread:

Coupon Field or Not?

You'll also find a lot of tips on how to run an effective affiliate program in my signature.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by IllPumpYouUp View Post
    I hope this clears things up. Thank you for your time.
    Hi Pete,

Uhm.. your decision process bites and should be illegal. So you sign up affiliates and then ask a few customers what sites they clicked on before making their purchase and a few said they were checking for coupons. You couldn't have possibly received that information from all of your customers. You can't just void sales because you don't like the site that generated the last cookie. If the sites were still active affiliates, you owe them money.

Wow.. bad bad business. I'm surprised SAS does business with you.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Maybe there are cases where they see that a customer was already on their site and in their cart, and wandered off to find a coupon.

While this kind of scenario is a very good reason not to take on coupon-type affiliates to begin with, the fact that they are active (approved) affiliates is the merchant's own damned fault, and the merchant should eat these commission payouts as the cost of making their own mistake.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

OMG! And did anyone see how many months it took him to respond?

14 Months!

Maybe he didn't know about this thread 14 months ago.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by IllPumpYouUp View Post
    We went ahead and voided all referrals coming from these sites, coupon sites, which included Zeus's site.
    How does a network allow them to reverse perfectly good sales like this? Seems like this merchant should have to pay those fees as there weren't exceptions made in the TOS. Unless I'm missing something?

IMO, everyone should drop these guys. What if you have a big month and they all of a sudden decide the don't like your site and reverse your sales??

Edit.. I'm guessing SAS wasn't aware this was the reason for the reversal. But now that they do............
    Last edited by gcarson; February 7th, 2011 at 07:43 PM.

They have this on the check out page:

Discount Code (optional)

And then complain that their customers go look for a coupon? And penalize the evil "coupon sites" by reversing commissions? Horrible. Just horrible.

SAS should insist that they make good on all reversals...even if it has been a year or five..or six..
    Last edited by leeann; February 7th, 2011 at 08:38 PM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

When searching I see several coupon sites w/ active links to this merchant.
    leeann

Welcome aboard Pete, hopefully you'll hang around and learn the right way to run a program. Seems like you made a few mistakes in the beginning and are continuing to make a couple. As a few have already pointed out, you erred and penalized your affiliates. Leeann mentioned that your behavior should be illegal, well it is breach of contract and if your affiliates were to take you to court you'd get your butt kicked.

You owe your affiliates for any and all sales made from their links up to the point that you removed them from your program. You approved the coupon sites into your program. You allowed them to promote your site and accrue the costs associated with that promotion. You put a coupon box prominently on your site (Jeez). Yet you force your affiliates to foot the cost of your inexperience. Hardly seems fair.

Regardless of how you felt/feel about coupon sites, you made a LEGAL commitment to pay commissions for their sales. Whether you know it or not, your and SaS's terms are legally binding contracts, arbitrary decisions of who to pay and who to stiff are generally frowned upon.

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; February 7th, 2011 at 09:24 PM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Guess whose links are offline?

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson View Post
    How does a network allow them to reverse perfectly good sales like this?
    This is my biggest issue w/ stuff like this. I've experienced similar things like this w/all of the Networks and I am amazed at how merchants are able to act unilaterally even when the action is clearly unethical to my Network reps. I think Networks probably try to avoid 'judging' the reasons why merchants make reversals (cf. the blinky lites stuff where reversals were done retroactively based on terms added later!! Ridiculous!!) but it unfortunately that makes it easier for unscrupulous merchants to steal commissions. As a PPC affiliate this is not only commissions lost, but typically I've spent a high % of the commission amount out of pocket ahead of time.

Maybe Networks should have some way of holding commission reversals that meet some predetermined criteria; i.e. (1) have been challenged by a certain # of affiliates; (2) are above some % of sales; (3) are part of a pattern for that merchant; etc. and then booting merchants who continue to steal from affiliates.
    Last edited by OTProf; February 8th, 2011 at 01:38 AM. Reason: typo

15 years and counting
    I'm so glad to know what I did wrong. (Nothing)
    First, I don't have a typical coupon site.
    My sales for IllPumpYouUp came from a fitness blog with a 250 words review of IllPumpYouUp products.
    Is it a coupon site, a review site, a blog?
    What's the definition of a coupon site? Does it start with one coupon in a post or do you need to have 1000 listed?
    Do the merchant prohibits coupon sites? NO.
    I do check the agreement of my merchants? Still not a word in their agreement.
    http://www.shareasale.com/a-viewmerc...rchantID=23622
    Not a word (or an email) to tell me why my sales were voided.

We continue to use ShareASale.com since we do have many quality affiliates whose websites are geared towards bodybuilding, fitness and nutrition.
    An other insult to the affiliate community. What's a quality affiliate?
    If I understand IllPumpYouUp, it's an affiliate that doesn't close a sale.
    Look at SAS graphs and trends, EPC 7 and 30 Day: 0. Not a sale in more than 45 days. Sure, Mr Pete, you have quality affiliates. Quality meaning free advertisement for you.

Mr Pete, you're a crook
    You didn't like my site. Well, it was easy to deactivate me as an affiliate.
    No, you wanted me to drive traffic to your site, make sales to have the pleasure to reverse them (and keep the commission for you). (and don't pay Shareasale)
    What's the name for that Mr Pete?

OTProf. I definitely didn't mean to point a finger at SAS. That's why I added to my comment. But now that the merchant has stated that he stole from his affiliates, what should be done?

The obvious thing is everyone drop them in case Mr. Pete decided he doesn't like your site and reverses your sales. Maybe Mr. Pete will come back, admit he broke the law and pay the commission?

15 years and counting
    For your information:
    I've been declined by IllPumpYouUp on Monday, Feb 7, 2011 at 10:25pm (Yes, yesterday)
    My application was approved by IllPumpYouUp on Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 4:46pm

It means, Mr Pete doesn't intend to pay his affiliates.

I used twice Shareasale "trouble tickets" for voided sales. Each time SAS was able to reverse the void on my sales.
    I've not been doing it on many, many sales. Just because it's not a way to do affiliate marketing. I've better things to do than to "cry" for my commissions.

I'm not going to get my commissions, fine, I don't care. But I want IllPumpYouUp to be deactivated.

Pete, you're fully within your rights to decide what types of affiliates you want in your program. But, you're also bound by the agreement you made with your affiliates. You can say accepting coupon sites was a mistake but it was your mistake and not theirs'. It seems you realized you didn't want these affiliates quite some time ago, yet you kept them in your program, didn't change your agreement, continued to take their referrals and not pay them for fulfilling their obligations according to your agreement. That's just bad business and won't help your reputation.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I do intend to point the finger at SAS if they keep IllPumpAffiliatesOutofMoney active. At this point it would be their fault for keeping a merchant active who admits to stealing from affiliates.
    Last edited by leeann; February 8th, 2011 at 09:50 AM.
    leeann

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast