Hi im considering using ppc and im familiar with where say overture or findwhats results appear? I know the first 3 ads appear on yahoo at top but what if you in position #15, will you get traffic? where would anyone see you ad?

what search engines display overture, findwhat and such results?

I heard of people making money fulltime from being in position #15 but i cant see where anyone would find there ad? unless the used overture or findwhats searching tool and lets face it most people use google, yahoo, msn, aol and such?

ABW Ambassador
    They show down to #10 in dogpile.com

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I sure can tell you which major PPCSE attracts buyers not lurkers. 2 week test of similar keywords for a single merchant on Overture and AdWords. I can track keyword/click to sales transaction.

Overture conversion ratio 1/43
    AdWords " " 1/18

Obviously Adwords has the contextual technique down pat, while Overture dilutes their effectiveness by partnering with BHO's & shopping bars.

All the other PPCSE's are operated by Ad Whores who's only claim to fame is cheap keyword price and ability to drain accounts with junk traffic.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ability to drain accounts with junk traffic <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For once Mike makes a correct statement without any need for facts to back it up. You'll find all the facts in your log files when you get the paid referrals from nonexistent user's clicks on nonexistent pages of nonexistent sites (not with Overture or Adwords, but with most of the second-tier PPC's)

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    All the other PPCSE's are operated by Ad Whores who's only claim to fame is cheap keyword price and ability to drain accounts with junk traffic.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been a software engineer and programmer for 15 years. Building dynamic sites using XML feeds is interesting to me. For the last few years I've been working with many different XML/RSS feeds for news, shopping (like Amazon) and PPC feeds.

It's a shame there is so much fraud, but I want to help change the attitude toward what a small PPC can do for you. I plan to do that by:

1) Providing services like company profile pages, press releases and directory listing services along with PPC so that the PPC listings are just part of the package. For example, you pay us $30 and you get a directory listing, a press release, and a company profile page plus $30 of PPC.

2) Allow advertisers to select the websites where they do or do not wish their ads to appear.

3) Get to know the advertisers needs by establishing bonuses for monthly deposit subscription and giving special attention to the needs of those advertisers who are regular customers.

4) Building and/or attracting niche sites to target specific audiences by geographic location or specific topic.

I really do care that the quality of traffic is the best it can be. I've used many PPC services myself and I have been disappointed, too.

You can see the beginning of my directory service here:

http://www.vsoftdev.net

I have not yet added PPC to the service, but will have it added soon. I was about to purchase another website to add PPC to my services, but have recently changed my mind and I'm going to add my own PPC to what I already have.

I would welcome your comments and suggestions.

Sincerely,
    Jamie T Voss

----------

http://www.portxml.com - ASP/PHP Scripts for PPC (Pay-Per-Click) XML Feeds including SearchFeed, Revenue Pilot, XMLRevenue, Search123, Ah-Ha and More!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I am working on a spreadsheet, trying to pinpoint sources of traffic from the largest PPCs. I decided a while back, after my ads started appearing in all sorts of unexpected places, that I am going to know where my ad money goes, and this line that PPCs give, about not giving away proprietary information about where their traffic originates is not acceptable. If I pay for traffic, I want to know where it is coming from.

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

I agree. You have a right to know where the traffic is coming from. I think that a PPC that would provide this information could be rewarded by the trust it shows to the advertiser(s).

----------

http://www.portxml.com - ASP/PHP Scripts for PPC (Pay-Per-Click) XML Feeds including SearchFeed, Revenue Pilot, XMLRevenue, Search123, Ah-Ha and More!

I've added a Pay-Per-Click keyword option to my system.

The cool thing is that your listing is added to our directory (for free) and even when your PPC funds run out your link can still get clicks through the directory feed.

You can also add images, directory keywords, and local search options to your listing.

I hope you'll try it out:

http://login.vsoftdev.net

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread