Yahoo vs google..?
    HI I have been using yahoo and google adwords both do not see any difference in terms of traffic but in terms of quality user.Google gives more quality visitors that can be convert in customers .What is your opinion..?

Quote Originally Posted by rohnsmith
    HI I have been using yahoo and google adwords both do not see any difference in terms of traffic but in terms of quality user.Google gives more quality visitors that can be convert in customers .What is your opinion..?
    I'm sure I'm not reading you right, but it sounds like you are saying your overall traffic is the same from G and Y? That can't be true, Y sends rougly 10% of the traffic that G does on most of my identical campaigns.

As far as quality goes, my ROI from a one sample campaign on G is 379% profit and from Y = 532%. Identical keywords, identical ads, cpc slightly lower for Y which may partially account for the increased profit.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughTurkey
    I'm sure I'm not reading you right, but it sounds like you are saying your overall traffic is the same from G and Y? That can't be true, Y sends rougly 10% of the traffic that G does on most of my identical campaigns.

As far as quality goes, my ROI from a one sample campaign on G is 379% profit and from Y = 532%. Identical keywords, identical ads, cpc slightly lower for Y which may partially account for the increased profit.
    So in term of profit is yahoo batter than google.?

Depends on how you count it.

If its by % profit then Y has been better to me, but if you go by the bottom line then G is so far in front they are in a different league.

Totally agree with ToughTurkey on all counts. Volume from Google is FAR higher. Quality is slightly better from Yahoo, but the bottom line is that Google.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

My experience in the past is that Yahoo has been easier to get affiliate ads up due to not having to deal with quality scores that Google requires you too.

Especially due to the constant bans that Google has been doing for affiliate marketers, I feel that is getting harder and harder to make affiliate marketing profitable in Google.

My recommendations is to look at other traffic sources outside of Search like PPV, Facebook, and small media buys.

This way you dont have a search engine easily slap you because of certain quality scores in Google or Yahoo. Cheers!

I cant see any significant different between the yahoo (YPN) and google (adwords), the only different is adwords are sending more and faster traffic compare to yahoo. The quality or conversion rate is about the same

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    I get better results from Yahoo but more traffic from Google. If I have a tight budget for a campaign I usually go with Yahoo.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Quote Originally Posted by ToughTurkey View Post

I believe what my fellow friend is trying to communicate is that traffic generated by this search engines but not quality delivery,based my experience at my [link REMOVED] company Yahoo produce quality but can't deliver traffic being driven by Google. On matter concerning profit, Yahoo gains more due to their market attention they offer to their customer.
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; July 18th, 2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: no links please > ban warning

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread