Email options for online and offline?
    I started using gmail because when I use Outlook Express, large emails take way too long to download, and I don't have any options for prioritizing which emails download first. (I may have to wait half an hour or more because some beloved friend has sent me a video.)

I'd prefer all my emails be on my computer vs Google having them all, so what are my options?

Is there any program available that I can tell it to download all small emails first and the larger ones last?

Does anyone have any experience with Gmail offline?
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

As far as I know, there is no option to select which email to download first.

I have used Eudora, Outlook/and express, navigator, etc.

You can use telnet and delete those large email or FWD it elsewhere and then delete them.

Go with Gmail, fast, simple easy
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Have you checked out Thunderbird? I started using it several years ago and I think it blows away outlook.

I love gmail, and have used it exclusively for almost 3 years now. I've never used the (relatively new) offline option. I quickly grew to love just accessing it online. Whether I access it from my laptop, my wife's computer, my iPhone, or someone else's computer, it's all there. My only concern was that if Gmail ever shuts down or loses my email. I have it forward all of my email to a Yahoo account (unlimited storage) just in case.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thunderbird - I did try that a few years ago but don't remember why I quit using it. Think it had something to do with the sorting as they came in....

Michael, when you forward, are you forwarding every email or just the ones that you want to keep? If I could (automatically) forward the majority of them to Outlook, that would be useful to me. If I had to forward all of them, it would still defeat my purpose of quicker downloads.

I will probably give Gmail offline a try, that will help with the problem when I'm offline, but not with having them all on my computer. Gmail did have a pretty large outage at one time, and I really don't like the thought that it could happen again.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

It's fairly easy to do either. There's a setting to forward all email, or you can set up Filters which forward emails that match the filter.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread