Smile Ad Networks
    Hi there,

Can anyone recommend any good second-tier ad networks? I hope I'm asking this at the right forum.

I'm familiar with AdBrite, buysellads, AdBuyer, etc.

My goal is to find a place where I can test offers and:
    (a) Get decent volume
    (b) Can set my own campaigns and don't need to go through an account manager
    (c) Ideally also have access to international traffic (but that is not a must).

Thanks
    Northstar

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    start with offervault to figure out what products you want to promote. Then look at the common networks listed for places to join. Some of the 2nd tier networks don't make you have to get approved for each merchant. You just have to get screened in detail the first time to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by PingoPrepaidCallingCards
    start with offervault to figure out what products you want to promote. Then look at the common networks listed for places to join. Some of the 2nd tier networks don't make you have to get approved for each merchant. You just have to get screened in detail the first time to get in.
    Thanks for the response! However, I didn't mean affiliate networks - I meant ad networks.

Unless I misunderstand you? Do affiliate networks have a section of "places to join"? If this is the case I've never noticed that.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    woops. sorry for my confusion.

I'm not sure if you have to go through an account manager. But you should try to build connections for reps that will want to help you out or met there sales numbers by throwing you some discounted ad rates.

AdHusler posted a top 50 list of alternative ad networks.
    http://www.adhustler.com/a-gift-to-y...-marketplaces/

Good luck,
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by PingoPrepaidCallingCards
    woops. sorry for my confusion.

I'm not sure if you have to go through an account manager. But you should try to build connections for reps that will want to help you out or met there sales numbers by throwing you some discounted ad rates.

AdHusler posted a top 50 list of alternative ad networks.
    http://www.adhustler.com/a-gift-to-y...-marketplaces/

Good luck,
    Thanks for the list! I was familiar with many of the companies but there are plenty of companies I was not! This is great!

I don't suppose you can recommend any by any chance?

Thank sagian!

Online Marketing Consultant
    changed my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader
    changed my mind
    If you don't mind, can I ask why? (even send me a private PM). I did get your message before it was changed and I think it was excellent...

http and a telephoto
    You can't get PMs until you have 250 quality posts.

I would send a PM but I think I don't have the permissions to do so being new...

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    You can't get PMs until you have 250 quality posts.
    Yes, exactly

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar
    Yes, exactly
    Ehh I don't like promoting two of those networks, or giving them as a recommendation because if you don't run on them exactly right or haven't dealth with them before then you will loose money and then can come back and say that I recommended you and I don't want that lol. =0).

You can write me to the email address in my signature if you'd like and I can walk you through the major networks, the good and the bad, etc...
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Ehh I don't like promoting two of those networks, or giving them as a recommendation because if you don't run on them exactly right or haven't dealth with them before then you will loose money and then can come back and say that I recommended you and I don't want that lol. =0).

You can write me to the email address in my signature if you'd like and I can walk you through the major networks, the good and the bad, etc...
    I see - I've never actually posted my real email address on a forum but this would be a first (I'd edit it out afterwards): it's blahblah @ blahblah.bla

Your advice would be very welcome!!

I just had a very negative experience with a network today... despite the fact that all my campaigns were paused (I had no plans on using them anymore), they 'recharged' my account with a week's worth of cash based on my daily budget. Quite an unpleasant surprise! Goes against their written terms as well (since all my campaigns were paused)...

edit: removed my email address. Counting on the fact you got this by email If not, I'll just re-edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar
    I see - I've never actually posted my real email address on a forum but this would be a first (I'd edit it out afterwards): it's uschles at gmail

Your advice would be very welcome!!

I just had a very negative experience with a network today... despite the fact that all my campaigns were paused (I had no plans on using them anymore), they 'recharged' my account with a week's worth of cash based on my daily budget. Quite an unpleasant surprise! Goes against their written terms as well (since all my campaigns were paused)...
    And that is why I do not want a big he recommended this to me and said it would work email if someone gets screwed by an AdServing network which happens a lot of the time.

The truth is that they are very hard to turn profits on, unless you can afford large customer acquisition costs. Here is a blog post I did about Facebook http://adamriemer.me/11/facebook-adv...all-businesses I think it is a great model for people who can afford large costs for new customers, but to the Marketer or shop owner who hasn't worked with ad serving or isn't very experienced with targeting and running ad serving campaigns, it can be a much faster way to loose your money than PPC.

Facebook and Right Media and lots of others are great if you know how to use them, but very dangerous if you don't. I still recommend trying ad serving, but doing it the right way and knowing the networks. Please feel free to write me if you would like and I can walk you through them all. I'm pulling an all nighter tonight so I'll be up late. =0).
    Last edited by Rollerblader; December 7th, 2009 at 05:19 PM.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

And that is why I do not want a big he recommended this to me and said it would work email if someone gets screwed by an AdServing network which happens a lot of the time.
    I agree with you, though knowing in advance *what* worked is better than just gambling. In other words, if it did work for you, it's more likely to work for me as well.
    Facebook and Right Media and lots of others are great if you know how to use them, but very dangerous if you don't. I still recommend trying ad serving, but doing it the right way and knowing the networks. Please feel free to write me if you would like and I can walk you through them all. I'm pulling an all nighter tonight so I'll be up late. =0).
    I haven't used Right Media - heard some mixed opinions, but I have used FB and I know it's a good platform, albeit one that requires getting used to. Personally I can't say I'm good at it though I know it's possible because a good friend of mine has.

I'll be glad to get your feedback, but I don't know your email address. If you got mine, can you send me a note? I don't have PMs or anything of the sort for like 240 more posts...
    (why so many are required?)

Ummm...its in my signature... just read it.

Just so you know as well, just because it works with one product or group does not mean it will work with others. However, some seem to do better with certain niches and designs and colors than others.

Ummm...its in my signature... just read it.
    LOL, sometimes things are hidden in plain sight. I wasn't expecting an email.

Heck, I even participated in a meetup where one guy refused to share his name with everyone (supposedly a big black hatter... or better phrased, doing lots of black hat, not necessarily big)

Thanks! I'll send you a note

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread