Isn't it bloody marvelous I finaly snapped tonight.

I was fed up of getting spam almost every flaming day from this bloody tinpot outfit so I followed the link on their email to unsubscribe from it, when I reached the end I got told my email was not in their suscribed database???? if this is the case then how the bloody hell did I receive the email from them with the unsubscibe link on in the first place?

Is it such a spamming tinpot outfit that they don't know who or what is in their database?

BTW If you read this Mr.friggin computergeek will you kindly remove me from the database I am not in?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Gordon, Yeah this a bloody scum, got email from computer geeks about 3 times today. quite annoying.

---------
    "I was fed up of getting spam almost every flaming day from this bloody tinpot outfit so I followed the link on their email to unsubscribe from it, when I reached the end I got told my email was not in their suscribed database???? if this is the case then how the bloody hell did I receive the email from them with the unsubscibe link on in the first place?"
    ---------

Gordon,

I went to check those emails and I found that they're from (compgeeks) not from (computergeeks) but, since they're coming to the special email address that I used for bfree merchants I asume that (computergeeks) has something to do with all that spam.

----------
    Edited to say that I just comfirmed that all that spam is coming from computergeeks.com so I will deal with those spammers directly, I don't need their shitty business nor their fkn daily spam emails.

----------
    Thanks Tiebreaker, I create a unique email alias for bfree merchants but, I never suspected that computergeeks.com was going to spam that email alias with all that junk they send under compgeeks.com.

I just send a letter to them and they have until the end of this month to remove me from all the email list where they put my coded email.

Sal.

MrSal

I create a unique email alias for every single merchant or any other contact.

If you do this, you can simply delete any address if a scumbag starts spamming you - leaving your genuine contacts unnafected.

You don't have the hassle of ever having to change your address if the harvesters get you.

I get ZERO spam! ZERO, NEVER, NOTHING!

Seriously, I've forgotten what hell it used to be before I did this.

This method of beating spam is simple, free and 100% foolproof - nobody ever needs to receive a single piece of junk again if they do this!

I've just checked on todays spam they sent to my email address that they do not have on their database

It is definitely computergeeks.com this is the email address it came from affiliates@computergeeks.com
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    It certainly does come from them. I get about 5 a damn day and I am sick of it.

I too tried to unsubscribe and got the message I am not in their database.

I am getting ready to write them a not so nice letter right now.

~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Thanks Tiebreaker, I create a unique email alias for bfree merchants but, I never suspected that computergeeks.com was going to spam that email alias with all that junk they send under compgeeks.com.

Sal

Yep, this is why I create a unique address for EVERY single merchant or contact - even people you can trust 100% like amazon (you never know if the address may somehow fall into the wrong hands)

Then if spam ever comes in, it is one single address to block - and no time spent contacting any genuine users who are also using the same address.

The easiest method is to set your domains 'catch all' to forward all mail to you, whatever the alias - and then simply create specific aliases for any addresses that start sending spam - and forward them to oblivion!

This way you don't have to spend time 'creating' an alias every time you give a new address to a new contact.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I wrote them last night at affiliates@computergeeks.com and told them I didn't appreciate all the junk and that I tried to unsubscribe only to get the message I am not in their database.

I just received an email back stating they have unsubscribed me from their Affiliate mail-out and I won't be getting any more of the mail-outs.

Now I just have to wait and see if I do or not.

You might try writing them and asking them to remove you.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread