ABW Ambassador
    Google the Super Affiliate
    A few interesting posts on the topic

Adam Viener's post in Revenews
    http://www.revenews.com/adamviener/t...gle-affiliate/

Scott Jangro's post in Affbook
    http://affbook.com/the-ghost-of-christmas-future/

Happy holidays.. If this keeps up, it may be the last one in the affiliate business for many of us.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    As said elsewhere, Google has the right to do what it thinks is best for its business. The success of my (aff)business isn't google's responsibility.

Having said that..
    Now that google is directly competing with its own (GAN)affiliates, and it pretty much looks like GAN is there to make Google the super affiliate, does it make sense for smaller affiliates to be in GAN?

Why not let GAN be a single affiliate network and have google as its only affiliate. Merchants will of course want to be in GAN to be able to bid on google product listing, whether or not there are other affiliates in the network.

Why not let GAN be a single affiliate network and have google as its only affiliate.
    I wouldn't say that too loud, they are watching you...:>) I do believe they are headed in that direction. Maybe not this year or next but eventually.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, it was what we were talking about over here - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=126997

Now I can understand all the Google Slaps. My last one was a heavy content site, the pages were high quality, easily some of the best on the subject on the internet, top 10 easily. Had 1 affiliate text link, slapped. I think PPC via Google for most affiliates is slowly coming to an end.

15 years and counting
    "Google the Super Affiliate" You mean "Google the THIN affiliate"
    Just duplicate content, a raw datafeed, no useful information...
    They deserve to be desactivated and their listing buried in their own SERP.
    Google should be ashamed after what they did to affiliates during the Florida update.
    Confucius says: “Do not do unto others what you don’t want done to you.”

Why do you think they bought Performics if their intent is to just run off all affiliates? Was it just for research? statistical stuff?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    Another headed debate. But another reason why you need to diversify your traffic sources, so that you can ride out the future Google slaps.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Just like they want to be the one and only search engine, I suspect they want to be the one and only affiliate network as well.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    Just like they want to be the one and only search engine, I suspect they want to be the one and only affiliate network as well.
    And the one and only affiliate too..

Well, be careful what you say about them. Call it coincidence or whatever, but as soon as I posted that list of GAN merchants doing business w/ other networks, my Google referrals bottomed out. So, tread lightly at least until after the holidays, with bashing them too much. They have a long ugly reach.
    leeann

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    Well, be careful what you say about them. Call it coincidence or whatever, but as soon as I posted that list of GAN merchants doing business w/ other networks, my Google referrals bottomed out. So, tread lightly at least until after the holidays, with bashing them too much. They have a long ugly reach.
    Mine did too. They're disgusting and if what happened to us is in fact true, they're a dishonest bunch of people.

Alex Jones has covered this.

Google is officially now our competitor and we all should be treating it has such.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Again.. no surprise here.
    leeann

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread