Affiliate Manager
    W9 Requests/Management
    I was wondering how everyone manages/requests their affiliates' W9s. I am researching ways that we could automate the W9 form or use some sort of third party software solution that could handle this for us. I know that we could simply ask people to fax them in, but we were hoping maybe another company that uses iDev knows of some sort of plugin or anything to make this process a lot easier.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

ask people to fax them in
    I recommend that you offer alternatives (other than snailmail) if you go this route. I have one that has been pending for two years because I do not have a fax machine and I refuse to print and snailmail it.

Yeah, I haven't needed to worry yet as my commissions have not required it, but I would have gladly filled it out and been done with it if it weren't for it needing to be faxed or mailed.

There must be some way to automate it, as I have only had one network ask me for one.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    You can get versions of the W9 that allows type-in but it still needs to be signed. Most affiliates fill it in, print and sign then either mail it or scan and email back. Sites like Sallie Mae allow you to digitally sign but haven't seen that with the IRS.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Scan and email

I think those are just about the only option.

If you are using iDev, download the list of affiliates into excel and use excel to manage it.

It's super time consuming, which is why it sucks.

Another way to do it is to add a field that only admin (you) can see and edit.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for all the help everyone. I like the custom field idea!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread