List Building
    Hello All-this is my first post.

I need some direction concerning a way to garner contact names and email addresses. I am familiar with opt-in boxes such as those offered by AWeber, but I wanted to know if there is any other way to capture this kind of info.

Making a potential customer jump through hoops and fill-out an opt-in form in order to get access to a report is the only way I know to get this kind of data.

The thing is that I'm afraid that too many people will be turned-off by these extra steps to a potential purchase. I know that the less steps to a purchase the better.

Can anyone help me?

-Thanks

Online Marketing Consultant
    If you really want to annoy them, but increase sign ups, use a pop up window when they first hit your site.

You can also incentivize your traffic or put wording on it to let them know the benefits like coupons, tips, info, etc...

There are lots of ways, find one that works with your site.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Without presenting value ahead of the sign up (i.e. "jumping through hoops"), why exactly would someone sign up?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Im not sure what kind of site you have but if you use a form where you collect their info, i would put a unchecked box on your form and in text tell them what they are signing up for... ie...Sign up for our complimentary newsletter where you will receive product updates and coupons.. etc etc. Then you dont have any extra steps.

Hi!

An opt in form that asks only for the name and email address isn't exactly making them jump through hoops so that's what I would use. Just make sure that they know what they signing up for. I can't really think of any other way to build a list.

I always use the opt in box in my sidebar or at the bottom of the specialized landing page promoting a giveaway. I'm not sure what you mean about jumping through extra hoops to get to a sale unless your intention is to push them to a one-time offer.

I find it works better when your list gets plenty of free stuff before you try and sell them anything :-)

http and a telephoto
    Don't you get their info when they purchase? Why make it an extra step *before* the purchase? The opt-in form is for the people that *haven't* bought from you. Your customers you would have a check box to join your newsletter at the end of the purchase process.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I think list building is an essential part of marketing strategy. Email address can be the best option for list building. At the same time building an email list is also difficult.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Are you trying to get opt-ins through unsolicited emails? We have an opt-in deal sheet and I send a link to affiliates when communication to them.

Affiliate Manager
    Be sure to add your Opt In form to your blog and Facebook page too. Some stores have been very successful with offering a generous first time purchase discount when signing up for the newsletter.
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I never really thought of putting an opt in form on my facebook page. Thanks, bonnievr, for bringing it up. I can use fbml to put it in. I am definitely considering that now.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Can someone tell me how to put an opt in form on facebook?

Affiliate Manager
    Add a tab that allows html coding. Then add in the sign up box.
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

cool, thanks - I didn't know you could do that!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread