Thread: Ticketmaster Site Errors

Ticketmaster Site Errors
    I am seeing AND hearing about errors happening on the Ticketmaster site today. What is a bit more disturbing is that the errors were mostly happening on links that had the affiliate encoding attached to them. The errors that we are seeing come after you find tickets...when you click the button to begin checkout the error comes.

I started testing affiliate URLs vs regular URLs and the regular URLs were working every time.

Just wondering if anyone else was seeing this or if anyone knows if Ticketmaster is updating their site today?

I would hate to see affiliate links causing errors

Thanks!

Issues with Affiliate links
    There definitely seems to be an issue with Ticketmaster affiliate links when the person trying to buy the tickets goes to check out. 18 of 20 tests of using an affiliate link gave an error page while regular links worked 100% of the time.

Anyone have an idea of what is going on? I am pretty sure i lost a lot of commissions today because of this....

Affiliate Network Rep Greg Bennett - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hi BostonTix,

I am the Account Manager for Ticketmaster. Can you please contact me directly? I'd like to gather some more information from you so that we can fix your issue ASAP. My contact info is below.

Thanks!

Greg Bennett
    gregory.bennett@corp.aol.com
    917-534-5112

I have run tests too and I've found that affiliate links get the error while regular Ticketmaster links do not. I don't think that Ticketmaster is intentionally doing this to hurt us affiliates but this does seem a bit strange. It may just be a glitch which needs fixing but its been going on for several days now and its starting to affect us. So buy.at affiliate staff, please contact Ticketmaster and ask them whats going on and why it hasnt been fixed yet.

I was wondering why sales pretty much came to a halt Tuesday. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. BuyAt has a great staff and i know they will be working tirelessly to fix it.

This is a BIG weekend for popular onsales, I hope this is resolved, or this "glitch" will end up costing us hundreds of dollars!

Affiliate Network Rep Greg Bennett - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hello everyone. The Ticketmaster and buy.at teams have resolved this issue, and an error message should no longer be displayed at checkout.

8. Newsletter Signup