Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Exclamation Parents With Kids Who Eat School Lunches - Read This!
    USA Today released an investigative report regarding the quality of meat provided the National School Lunch program by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the results are outrageous.

Basically, the USDA tests for bacteria and dangerous pathogens as little as 1/10 as frequently as done by fast-food chains, and provides chicken from old "Spent Hens" that companies such as KFC and Campbell Soup will not use in their products.

"'We simply are not giving our kids in schools the same level of quality and safety as you get when you go to many fast-food restaurants,' says J. Glenn Morris, professor of medicine and director of the Emerging Pathogens Institute at the University of Florida. 'We are not using those same standards.'"

See the article: Fast-food standards for meat top those for school lunches
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

"'We simply are not giving our kids in schools the same level of quality and safety as you get when you go to many fast-food restaurants,' says J. Glenn Morris, professor of medicine and director of the Emerging Pathogens Institute at the University of Florida. 'We are not using those same standards.'"
    After a 22 year career in a major metropolitan public school system - I am not surprised at all. I hadn't eaten a school cafeteria meal in many years before I left the school system to do this Internet "stuff" full time. Mrs. Beachy is a Pre-K teacher at a neighborhood school and loves her job and working with the students. But she comes home for lunch EVERY DAY.

Now, I need to look at that report and then get my soap box...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks for posting.

It is pretty sad that the kids get the short end of this.

Our children should come first, not given bacteria infested scraps.

Unfortunately for many, there is no other choice as the lunch is usually subsidized.

For my daughter, it will be time to eat healthier and to pack our own lunch, especially on those days where 'mystery meat' will be served.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH and GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanks for posting this AH! I will refrain from further ranting or I'll pop a fuse.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread