There is something wrong with this picture when the revenue from adsense is more then all my merchants combined. This must be because Google is honest and don't allow parasites.Would this be correct?

I was just thinking the same exact thing. I have just dropped a merchant that i sent 4000 highly targeted clicks with no sales to and replaced with adsense.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Google's not outperforming all my merchants combined, but AdSense has the highest EPC out of any of my other merchants.

I think it's just the CPC mentality, myself. Even years ago, I was struck by the high fees some merchants were willing to pay for clicks. Some of the same merchants who had a 2%-commish aff. program would get on Overture and pay $3.00 or more for a single click! I assume this discrepency still exists. PPC doesn't seem to be plagued by the "cheap promotional channel" ideas that some affiliate programs are.

This trend seems to be continuing with AdSense/AdWords.

Add in the fact that some people will enter bidwars trying to be #1, and you have a perfect environment for clicks becoming a lot more lucrative than most affiliate programs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This must be because Google is honest <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That depends on the program. With some deadbeat merchants, I think Google's honesty is a definite factor. With the ability to reverse kept away from the deadbeat merchant, all payments due are duly recorded and paid!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and don't allow parasites. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That may affect some comparisons, but Google seems to outperform even merchants who do not allow parasites. When the merchant doesn't allow them either, I think it's just the nature of the PPC market that's making the difference.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I agree that there in comparison to certain merchants are more money to earn from adsense! Might be that google's more honest than many like mentioned.

However, here's a new PPC system which I believe looks exciting as well : http://www.clicksor.com/?ref=1553, it's worth checking out...Even if you use my affiliate link or not
    I don't know how well it works yet though, since I'm under concideration for membership....

Best regards,
    Somtam
    http://www.affiliateguiding.com

Leader
    very interesting perspective, and you are probably hitting the nail right on the head. I just wished i did adsense sooner. I have a #1 ranking on a content site for my keyword and cant make 1 sale. Would love to pick your brain a little

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Usually what I would say about a content site that doesn't sell is to make it into a Revenue Site, LOL!

But in terms of AdSense, for content sites I just put a skyscraper down one side like for a revenue site. I think those big square boxes would work well, too, if you can fit them onto the page without uglifying it too much. I've seen some sites with those and they look okay if the page is designed to have an ad block from the start.

When AdSense first came out, I noticed that a lot more people click the bigger units than the 468*60s, so I've avoided the standard banner size from then on.

I can't really say if people click AS more on content sites or sales sites, since I haven't recoded everything to show channel data. So right now it all goes into a big pool except for one brand-new section.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yes Adsense continues to play a major role in the landscape of affiliate marketing. I know a lot of affiliates have dumped their old affiliate banner rotations for Adsense text boxes and dumped underperforming affiliate programs. I think it sends a great message to the all-talk, no sales, poor converting affiliate programs.

As far as the revenue issue: When it comes to PPC advertising, most merchants accept the fact that their profit margins will be lower versus a well run affiliate program. But they are willing to accept this lower profit margin because PPC advertising is fully automated and takes much less time to manage than a large affiliate program.

Last year I had an merchant on one of my content sites that I gave over a quarter million banner views and a quite a few thousand click throughs with a sad return of about $40. I did a search on the key words they were paying for on Overture and found out they were paying a high of $9 a click! and for the thousands of highly targeted click throughs I sent them I received $40. Needless to say I contacted them, got some BS spin, and dropped them that same day.

Now this same merchant appears in my adsense ads all the time, but now google makes sure I get paid, and paid well

&gt;parasites or honest

Adsense pay more because
    aff program merchants set the commission rate very low, poor tracking, phone sales, no or short return day tracking etc.

When they have the right to set the pay rate, they tend to set it low.

When they are being charged, they are more generous

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> But in terms of AdSense, for content sites I just put a skyscraper down one side like for a revenue site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

when doing this, however, please make sure that ad patch is not able to move over the content when seen in a small window.

I put one up as just in a flush-right table on my content pages and adsense folks said they were getting complaints of the ads lying over and blocking content.

I was gratified that the content was so valuable, of course, but didn't feel that it was wise to complain back to adsense about visitors' viewing habits.

Adsense has problems with some other things like parked domains, etc. If you don't own the actual domain they don't want their ads showing and will block them. This includes compuserve, angelfire, tripod, etc. You don't get the complaint apparently until the hits start coming in.

Personally we don't use Adsense, as we feel that it is overused.

Its not 'New' anymore. Now there are 'others' that have the same look and feel.

So now its a matter of choice.
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

I wish adsense would have come out years sooner. I'd have more money than you can shake a stick at.

Yea, you have to look 3 years into the future. Thats why we are working with a company that makes HDTV Commercials,..they are clickable with a TV remote.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder :-):
    I wish adsense would have come out years sooner. I'd have more money than you can shake a stick at. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

&gt;&gt;Now there are 'others' that have the same look and feel.

what are these?

http and a telephoto
    As long as merchants keep paying for AdWords, AdSense will continue to be a money generator. Why go with the copycats when the real deal works?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

it does not hurt to keep an eyes on alternatives, even not use it yet.

plus is that adsense cannot put on certain web page content ?

The alternatives may allow what adsense not allowed

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread