Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    This was posted and I thought I would throw the idea out to see what may transpire for people arriving and needing something a bit more organized for Friday
    I arrive Thurday night and am open to ideas for Friday

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Why all this need for organization outside of Saturday's event?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm, because for some of us the reason we are going is to meet fellow ABW'ers and the idea of wandering around the Stardust asking people if they know what Parasiteware is holds little appeal?

Most people are spending around $500 or so for airfare and hotel. It would be nice to have something concrete where we could get together other than for donuts one morning. Yes, having fun in Vegas is a big part of going, but I thought when it was announced that there would be a bit more opportunity to network than just having a donut or wandering around on our own hoping to run into someone from ABW.

Even if it's something like - anyone interested in meeting ABW'ers:

Friday night - Dinner at ________ for those interested meet at the entrance at 6:30.

Drinks 9-11 in the Stardust bar

Saturday:

10:00 Donuts in the Chairman of the Board room

Lunch provided by eBay @ 1 PM
    Beverages provided by A&E @ 1 PM until 5 PM

Dinner at __________ Anyone interested meet at 6:30 at the restaurant entrance.

That way there isn't anything to organize but yet it gives people the opportunity to meet and not have to find people on their own.

&lt;edited to add the ebay lunch and a&e drinks from the new thread&gt;

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    Just got a PM suggesting this.
    Who is in for a Friday dinner get together
    6:30ish at the Stardust (I have never been to Vegas or the hotel, so feedback on a place even close by can be suggested)
    Meet and greet, network and just BS the evening away if need be. Of course the dinner can always move to the bar or lounge afterwards.
    Would sure seem a waste for people coming in early to not get something started.
    Possibly the hotel could post on their bulletin board for us to publicize any friday meeting/dinner for the ABW'ers.
    Just some ideas from here, feedback welcomed.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm definitely all for it. The Stardust has several different restaurants. How about if the people who want to meet gather in front of the Coco Palms Buffet at 6:30? That way since it's a buffet everyone can get what they want to eat.

Great idea WW I just wish to hell the bloody Canadian goverment would kick the arses of the people in the department who are processing this new landed immigrant passport/visa scam they've got going.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    I didnt go looking for a pasport as I don't think they would get processed in time
    I did have to get a new drivers licence pic taken for picture ID, as three plus years ago when I had it taken, prior to the health issues, I was about 110 lbs heavier. I probably wouldn't have made it in or maybe out of the US because of the drastic change.
    So are you trying to tell me they won't let you in to the country????

A buffet would be nice, as I have no clue on best place to eat there.

I'm only a landed immigrant or permanent resident I forget which, but apparently they will let me out of Canada no problems but they will not allow me back in without this new bloody visa thing they've come up with
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    The buffet sounds good to me Walleye, but you may also want to try the sushi restaurant.

We should be arriving 4/29 and checking out of the Stardust on the 5/3. Maybe staying a few more days somewhere else.

I think it would be a good Idea to have one specific meeting place at the Stardust.

Here we could get together 3 or 4 specific times a day, get aquainted, talk business or tour Vegas in smaller groups.

Example: 9am, 1pm, 5pm, 9pm, say each day from April 28 - May 5

It would allow us to get together in smaller groups before and after the big meeting on Sat.

This would make it easier to get aquainted with each other or talk business with merchants for a couple of hours. And then return to the meeting place and connect with others.

Cow Patch...

ABW Ambassador
    LOL
    I' ll take it the fish was a joke

Better still lets ask cowpatch if steak is a better idea

Didn't see you started a new topic, so I'll add this here to...

It wasn't meant to be insulting. I am paying the same as most others - airfare for both myself and my husband and hotel.

I have just been to enough of these types of gatherings now to know that you find people in the hotel bar pretty easily. I guess if some people feel the need to "plan" then go for it.

I have met quite a few of the attendees at prior events and can tell you high levels of structure isn't going to happen with many of them, myself included - that's all I was getting at.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Good work WW.

Additionally, not everyone is staying at the Stardust, so knowing where folks will most likely be hanging out will make things easier for them. In fact, I know some who have not made their room reservations yet, and the Stardust is booked over 100% for that weekend. So they definitely will be staying elsewhere.

I'll be arriving Friday at 7 pm. I'll keep an eye out where you folks will be heading for dinner. I'm sure I'll be more than ready for some chow. I'll probably be getting their after you folks have started dinner by the time I get from the airport and check in, so save me a few crumbs.

WW..can't wait to finally meet you! I just need to look for the guy carrying a fishing pole right????

ABW Ambassador
    Hey B
    Hey if we all end up doing the sushi bar maybe we can save you a few "crab" legs for your dinner

ABW Ambassador
    Walleye &gt;&gt; I' ll take it the fish was a joke

Well, yeah, haha, and I don't want any smart talk about pumpkin pie for dessert.

Joking aside, you've got my vote for the buffet dinner for those that want to sort of hang out with the group. However, with people coming in at different times and their appetites being on different time zones, it's not likely we'll get good organization for a dinner get-together. Europeans will want breakfast, East Coast US will want a bedtime snack, Pacific Islanders will want lunch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kip:
    I'm definitely all for it. The Stardust has several different restaurants. How about if the people who want to meet gather in front of the Coco Palms Buffet at 6:30? That way since it's a buffet everyone can get what they want to eat. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That sounds good to me, but my plane is supposed to arrive at 4:40, then I have to find my hotel and get checked in, then I have to find a bus to take me to the Stardust, so I may be late.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Don't know about Coco Palms Buffet at 6:30, Don't know if I'll be there that early. that Early on Friday April 30th. I"l be there probably sometime in the Evening. I'll be hanging around inside of the Stardust. I will try to get to the Coco palms Buffet by 7 pm or so...to meet you all.

ABW Ambassador
    Since 6:30 is early for so many people how about if we change dinner to 7:00 instead?

7 sounds fine to me. If I'm late it won't be my fault. I'll blame it on the airline, or the hotel, or the bus driver.

This is gonna be so much fun!
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Miss B,

We are staying at the Bally's, you know our names and you can come by anytime.

We are arriving thursday 29th (not sure what time gotta check on that).

This is gonna be one hell of a trip! :-)

Woohooo! I'm sooo excited...

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Everybody on ABW knows your name Nova its Mrs.Happypoon

YouTrek

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Nova,

Will be emailing the 2 of you.

Gman...that really bites about the immigration stuff. You're the only one who will sit there and listen to me for hours on end.

Believe me Ms.B I would love to be there with you, Pauline even had to miss a comncert by her favorite country singer cos of the same thing.

I have to correct you though Ms.B I admit I sat there for hours with you but what you did not know is I had switched my hearing aids off

YouTrek

GMan,
    You funny G.I. and we love you too!

Gman are you gonna be in Vegas or not? :-(

@Miss B - oki doki! :-)

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have to correct you though Ms.B I admit I sat there for hours with you but what you did not know is I had switched my hearing aids off <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have to correct you though Ms.B I admit I sat there for hours with you but what you did not know is I had switched my hearing aids off <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You probably do the same thing to Pauline...

Andy

Is Coco Palms Buffet at Stardust -- Fridy 7pm a go?

My wife and I will be there..

Cow Patch...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast