Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Anyone Used Quench?
    (This may more properly be somewhere in the coding/datafeed forum, but I wasn't sure of the right sub-forum, so any mod please move if appropriate.)

I've gotten ABW email ads for Quench ("Price and Product Comparison Shopping Technology").

This looks very interesting.

Has anyone used Quench? Happy with it? Problems? Worth the price? Decent support? Re their long list of "Upcoming Features/Networks" - do they regularly add features and networks, or are they talking a year or more?

Thanks for any feedback.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    (This may more properly be somewhere in the coding/datafeed forum, but I wasn't sure of the right sub-forum, so any mod please move if appropriate.)

I've gotten ABW email ads for Quench ("Price and Product Comparison Shopping Technology").

This looks very interesting.

Has anyone used Quench? Happy with it? Problems? Worth the price? Decent support? Re their long list of "Upcoming Features/Networks" - do they regularly add features and networks, or are they talking a year or more?

Thanks for any feedback.
    You beat me to the post. I'm wondering the same things.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Hi
    Hi!

We just launched our service.

We have been building Quench over the last three years and we are extremely interested in feedbacks and functionality you hope to see/need. At the moment we decided to not ask for creditcards, so you can sign up without the risk of getting charged.

Thank you for your interest,

Miki Momen
    CEO Quench

We are working and developing in a high pace. We decided to present upcoming features in part to put pressure on ourselves, the features are in a very late stage testing.

Thank you again!

It looks like they have a couple sample websites up so that you can test-drive their functionality.

Miki, you should take a look at the sample websites in Opera. The formatting is broken.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    It looks like they have a couple sample websites up so that you can test-drive their functionality.

Miki, you should take a look at the sample websites in Opera. The formatting is broken.
    Thanks changing it now, worst part is that I use Opera myself!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Miki,

When you sign up (and/or pay up when that becomes necessary) do you have to choose one of your four products, or 1) can you try one, then another, etc., and 2) if you use (and eventually pay for) a multi-site plan, can you use different products on different sites?

Also, do you have any idea when Shareasale will be added and are there any plans to add Amazon?

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; December 11th, 2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: typo
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Miki,

When you sign up (and/or pay up when that becomes necessary) do you have to choose one of your four products, or 1) can you try one, then another, etc., and 2) if you use (and eventually pay for) a multi-site plan, can you use different products on different sites?

Also, do you have any idea when Shareasale will be added and are there any plants to add Amazon?

Thanks for the info.
    All products are always available in any payment plan, except the API, you can always build unique shops with different products or merchants. Every shop is set up individually with it's on ID's.

Shareasale is next on the list. However, we are waiting for approvals by many of the Shareasale advertisers.

We are alslo making 30 advertisers per day from the currently supported networks available.

Thank You, really interested in your feedback!

I never heard of it. Will be checking.

Miki, do you have a wordpress plugin that could integrate the shop into the posts?

Quote Originally Posted by igowin
    Miki, do you have a wordpress plugin that could integrate the shop into the posts?
    Yes, you can add individual product posts, create you own categories/product sets, display our pre-made categories of choice, and display our "global" product search field.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by adamson
    Yes, you can add individual product posts, create you own categories/product sets, display our pre-made categories of choice, and display our "global" product search field.

Thank you
    Thanks. If I want to add the products into the existing articles/posts, is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by igowin
    Thanks. If I want to add the products into the existing articles/posts, is it possible?
    You can go in and edit old posts and add products, let me know if you need further instructions!

Ok, I signed up for the free trial just to check this service out. It seems to be a long way from being ready for prime time. Here is some feedback.

1) I cannot add website ID/Developer keys for CJ on the affiliate account details page. I get an error when I try to submit.

2) I cannot send email through your contact page. Hitting Send does not seem to do anything.

3) The WordPress plugin should be available in a zip file form too, as uploading via the WP interface requires zip files.

4) When there are no product sets, I get the following error when I go to the product sets page in the WP plugin:
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../wp-content/plugins/quenchshop/admin/productsets.php on line 77
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Ok, I signed up for the free trial just to check this service out. It seems to be a long way from being ready for prime time. Here is some feedback.

1) I cannot add website ID/Developer keys for CJ on the affiliate account details page. I get an error when I try to submit.

2) I cannot send email through your contact page. Hitting Send does not seem to do anything.

3) The WordPress plugin should be available in a zip file form too, as uploading via the WP interface requires zip files.

4) When there are no product sets, I get the following error when I go to the product sets page in the WP plugin:
    We have now solved your issues. We apologize and are thankful for your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by adamson
    We have now solved your issues. We apologize and are thankful for your feedback!
    Thanks. I'll go give it another try.

I also received an email today from Miki Momen (who immediately confused me because he identified his ABW user name as "adamson"). Of course, I'm still looking for useful services related to datafeeds, but what I found on the Quench Networks web site definitely doesn't inspire much confidence.

Quench Networks' service appears to be modeled very closely on PopShops (the pricing seems identical, although as noted here, Quench offers much less data).

As others note here, there are several hints on the Quench web site that it's "not quite ready for prime time" (lacking the level of professionalism that I'd expect, and lacking some "bare minimum" information such as the company's business address or telephone number, or a privacy policy).

From the WHOIS data, it appears that Quench is a Swedish company. (When I researched the social-networking profiles for the principals, I found some references to Los Angeles, so perhaps one or more of these folks are based there.)

Quench's "About Us" page lists these principals: Miki Momen (CEO); Erik Odmark; Emil Hernvall; and Jesper Forsberg. Quench appears to be a successor to "Moment Marketing," whose web site now shows its status as "closed"; Google's cache of the prior site shows that it was promoted as a "Price Comparison Affiliate Network," with mostly the same principals and directors.

Before I found this thread, I drafted this partial response to Mr. Momen (but now I'll just email him a pointer to this post):
    > "Your API documentation seems very cryptic to me (even more than PopShops' documentation, which has improved considerably in recent months). From your documentation, I'm confused about your apparent focus on 'categories' since categorization is one of the weakest aspects of existing datafeeds. I'm somewhat surprised that you haven't yet integrated ShareASale merchant feeds, nor apparently any non-network feeds (e.g. art.com, amazon.com).

I'd love to hear your feedback on my comments about how service-providers could improve their services (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=123561).
    " <

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    I also received an email today from Miki Momen (who immediately confused me because he identified his ABW user name as "adamson"). Of course, I'm still looking for useful services related to datafeeds, but what I found on the Quench Networks web site definitely doesn't inspire much confidence.

I have always used adamson as my nick, and identified myself above in this thread
    I am sorry to hear that, but we are firm believers that trust is something we have to earn.

Quench Networks' service appears to be modeled very closely on PopShops (the pricing seems identical, although as noted here, they offer much less data).

We have a similar pricing model as popshops, and we think that they have done a really good job, but our offering approach is different. Datafeedr has a similar model as well.

As others note here, there are several hints on the Quench web site that it's "not quite ready for prime time" (lacking the level of professionalism that I'd expect, and lacking some "bare minimum" information such as the company's business address or telephone number, or a privacy policy).

We decided to go live with our first two products, but showcase our next since they will be available shortly. We are really looking for feedback from the community! Like the one you are coming with. Thank you!
    We do have a privacy policy on the site:

http://publishers.quenchnetworks.com/info/privacy

From the WHOIS data, it appears that this Quench is a Swedish company.

Quench Networks LLC is a US company, the domain is being transferred to the company.

Quench's "About Us" page lists these principals: Miki Momen (CEO); Erik Odmark; Emil Hernvall; and Jesper Forsberg. Quench appears to be a successor to "Moment Marketing," whose web site now shows its status as "closed"; Google's cache of the prior site shows that it was promoted as a "Price Comparison Affiliate Network," with mostly the same principals and directors.

Yes we are partly successor of Moment, some of Moments technologies was acquired by Quench, in respect of shareholders wishes, we needed to be incorporated in US as an LLC instead of a Ltd in the UK. We never promoted the price comparison component through Moment which was based on our old platform, and only widget based in distribution but we had the site "live". Any requests that came in was turned down, we didn't want to release anything that wasn't useful enough.

Before I found this thread, I drafted this partial response to Mr. Momen (but now I'll just email him a pointer to this post):
    > "Your API documentation seems very cryptic to me (even more than PopShops' documentation, which has improved considerably in recent months). From your documentation, I'm confused about your apparent focus on 'categories' since categorization is one of the weakest aspects of existing datafeeds. I'm somewhat surprised that you haven't yet integrated ShareASale merchant feeds, nor apparently any non-network feeds (e.g. art.com, amazon.com).

Thank you, we will make the API documentation clearer, if you have any questions about it please feel free to email support@quenchnetworks.com

Categories are one of our focuses, it gives auto feed capabilities and millions of subpages. We categorizes new products from the datafeeds into our own categories. These are being updated with new products as they come in and old ones disappears. We are also introducing more categories over time, but we currently focuses on search filters, also available in some categories.

ShareASale is next network to be integrated, since you now are the 5th person asking for Amazon it will be integrated immediately after ShareASale.

I'd love to hear your feedback on my comments about how service-providers could improve their services (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=123561).
    " <
    I will come back yo you shortly with our comments and possible solutions!

Thank you Mark!
    Last edited by adamson; December 14th, 2009 at 01:48 AM.

My response was in the wrong color on your category question... See below

I'm confused about your apparent focus on 'categories' since categorization is one of the weakest aspects of existing datafeeds.
    Categories are one of our focuses, it gives auto feed capabilities and millions of subpages. We categorizes new products from the datafeeds into our own categories. These are being updated with new products as they come in and old ones disappears. We are also introducing more categories over time, but we currently focuses on search filters, also available in some categories.

Miki Momen (Adamson) wrote:
    > "We have a similar pricing model as popshops, and we think that they have done a really good job, but our offering approach is different. Datafeedr has a similar model as well." <

I think I probably don't understand how your "offering approach is different." You'll probably explain that in a formal introduction thread (which I assume you'll need to pay for). But in fairness, I don't think that any companies in this space do a great job of clearly explaining the services they offer.

> "We do have a privacy policy on the site." <

It's great that you could find the privacy policy and post a link here; however, the policy serves no purpose if consumers cannot find it by clicking from your main site.

> "Quench Networks LLC is a US company, the domain is being transferred to the company. . . . Yes we are partly successor of Moment . . . we needed to be incorporated in US as an LLC instead of a Ltd in the UK." <

My real question is, "how can I confirm that this is a legitimate company that will deliver services competently?" In my experience, the absence of valid company contact information is a huge "red flag." I'm also very alarmed when a company founder claims a multi-year history for a company that's really just been founded and whose service offering is actually brand-new.

I don't care where a company is incorporated/organized, nor the formal business structure. What I want to know is, where is this company really located? Where does the work get done? Who really does the work? I strongly believe that any legitimate company should publish its real business address and telephone number (in addition to the names of the principals of the company) on its web site. I understand that even successful companies may have "virtual offices" (with some or all employees telecommuting from home offices), and many startups choose to use a "PMB" or "executive suite" office address (provided that it's an address in the same city or region as the "real office.") And I also understand that some companies choose not to publish a phone number (because they may target customers to whom the company can't affordably provide telephone support).

Your web site lists four co-founders, all of whom appear to be physically based in Sweden.

Regarding your connection with "Moment Marketing," my concern was that Quench appears to be a "new incarnation" of a company which previously claimed to be an affiliate network but now claims to be a "datafeed service provider" (or whatever you call it). You'll probably need to answer some very specific questions about this (in part, this is due to some serious concerns in this community about the "crossover" of PepperJam from "affiliate" to "outsourced program manager" to "affiliate network," which many viewed as a conflict and some perceived as a betrayal).

Another important issue is whether the company's principals (and technical support staff) can communicate effectively in English. In your case, it seems clear that English is not your first language, and although you seem quite fluent, I still found some of your wording confusing -- for example:

> "Categories are one of our focuses, it gives auto feed capabilities and millions of subpages. We categorizes new products from the datafeeds into our own categories. These are being updated with new products as they come in and old ones disappears. We are also introducing more categories over time, but we currently focuses on search filters, also available in some categories." <

I know that some ABW folks would absolutely LOVE to see a service that categorizes datafeed products effectively, but I don't know that any two people would agree on the "right" category structure. A key problem is that categories aren't always "mutually exclusive" -- many products fit into multiple overlapping categories (for example, a "San Francisco 49ers Jersey" is a sports/football fan product, and it's also clothing). Some folks will love the autofeed idea with millions of subpages; I certainly prefer the search model (if it's properly structured -- and I'm concerned that by [apparently] restricting searches to a single "category," you might not deliver "reasonably complete" search results).

As I wrote earlier, I'd love to hear feedback (from any datafeed-service provider) on my comments about how datafeed service-providers could improve their services (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=123561). I'm currently working on a much more detailed description of my desired functionality.

I'm glad that you understand that my response is intended as constructive criticism -- it would be great if you could deliver services I want, to enable me to efficiently integrate current datafeed content into my content sites.
    Last edited by markwelch; December 14th, 2009 at 12:37 PM.

FYI, another issue may be your promise to deliver consolidated reporting. Because this data is so valuable and proprietary for affiliates, merchants, and networks, you should expect strong resistance from all three. In short, we'll worry that our important data might be misused (by you, by someone you choose to share it with, or by someone who steals it from you) to undermine our efforts. This was one key reason why many affiliates were upset at PepperJam's "multiple roles" (as affiliate, OPM, and network). Successful affiliates won't trust you with their reporting data, until you convince them that their data won't be accessible to anyone engaged in "affiliate role" activities (and if you or your business associates or programmers engage in "affiliate role" activities, it's unlikely that you'll convince affiliates that their data won't be misused).

Consolidated reporting might be best delivered via software that runs securely on the affiliate's web server or personal computer, so that the data isn't being retrieved to your servers. Of course, with this model, you wouldn't have access to the raw reporting data to produce aggregated data for your own or affiliates' use -- but perhaps there could be a way for affiliates to elect to share some of their own aggregated data.

Certainly I'd love to find a trustworthy third party who could aggregate this data so that (for example) I could learn that in addition to the 550 clicks I sent to merchant A without generating any sales, there are another 218,600 clicks sent by 118 other affiliates without ever generating a single sale.

Michael Coley proposed an Open Source consolidated-affiliate-reporting tool (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=92540) but I don't think anyone ever followed through on the idea.
    ___

Also, if you want to know more about my "datafeed experiences," you might find it useful to check out the discussion threads linked from http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...64&postcount=9
    Last edited by markwelch; December 14th, 2009 at 01:20 PM.

> "We have a similar pricing model as popshops, and we think that they have done a really good job, but our offering approach is different. Datafeedr has a similar model as well." <

I think I probably don't understand how your "offering approach is different." You'll probably explain that in a formal introduction thread (which I assume you'll need to pay for). But in fairness, I don't think that any companies in this space do a great job of clearly explaining the services they offer.

A major difference would be that we offer price comparison. With quench, when you add a product offered from multiple merchants you will be displaying this product as one product but with all these merchants and their prices listed.

Another feature that we are proud of and that many other services fail to provide is that we offer near real time product updates. Within minutes (not days or weeks) after an update is received from a merchant all shops powered by Quench is updated. This almost eliminates broken links and outdated prices.

> "We do have a privacy policy on the site." <

It's great that you could find the privacy policy and post a link here; however, the policy serves no purpose if consumers cannot find it by clicking from your main site.

You are absolutely right. We will absolutely add this to the main site.

> "Quench Networks LLC is a US company, the domain is being transferred to the company. . . . Yes we are partly successor of Moment . . . we needed to be incorporated in US as an LLC instead of a Ltd in the UK." <

My real question is, "how can I confirm that this is a legitimate company that will deliver services competently?" In my experience, the absence of valid company contact information is a huge "red flag." I'm also very alarmed when a company founder claims a multi-year history for a company that's really just been founded and whose service offering is actually brand-new.

I can’t agree that any of the founders claim a history of a company just founded. We claim experience in technology development in the affiliate marketing space.

For you and others to confirm that that our services will be delivered competently we will have to go about in the same way as others, by earning your trust. First, all customers have 30 days to evaluate the services free of charge and we trust that they will find them useful and stable. Second, we will always try to answer and take into account feedback, questions and requests from our customers. Third, we pledge to always improve and expand our product offering.

I don't care where a company is incorporated/organized, nor the formal business structure. What I want to know is, where is this company really located? Where does the work get done? Who really does the work? I strongly believe that any legitimate company should publish its real business address and telephone number (in addition to the names of the principals of the company) on its web site. I understand that even successful companies may have "virtual offices" (with some or all employees telecommuting from home offices), and many startups choose to use a "PMB" or "executive suite" office address (provided that it's an address in the same city or region as the "real office.") And I also understand that some companies choose not to publish a phone number (because they may target customers to whom the company can't affordably provide telephone support).

I agree and we will add company info to the website.

Your web site lists four co-founders, all of whom appear to be physically based in Sweden.

Actually, only two of the principals are listed as co-founder. All principals are Swedish and most of the development has been done outside of US with regular trips to the US. All principles are in preparations to relocate to the US, I myself have spent most of my time state side during the last two years.

Regarding your connection with "Moment Marketing," my concern was that Quench appears to be a "new incarnation" of a company which previously claimed to be an affiliate network but now claims to be a "datafeed service provider" (or whatever you call it). You'll probably need to answer some very specific questions about this (in part, this is due to some serious concerns in this community about the "crossover" of PepperJam from "affiliate" to "outsourced program manager" to "affiliate network," which many viewed as a conflict and some perceived as a betrayal).

The principals of Quench have, as you diligently point out, previously been working on affiliate network technology and price comparison tecnology in another entity, namely Moment Marketing. This has nothing to do with Quench. Quench is only what we state it to be. It is not an affiliate network. Quench Networks and Moment Marketing are separate entities altogether.

Another important issue is whether the company's principals (and technical support staff) can communicate effectively in English. In your case, it seems clear that English is not your first language, and although you seem quite fluent, I still found some of your wording confusing -- for example:

> "Categories are one of our focuses, it gives auto feed capabilities and millions of subpages. We categorizes new products from the datafeeds into our own categories. These are being updated with new products as they come in and old ones disappears. We are also introducing more categories over time, but we currently focuses on search filters, also available in some categories." <

Again, you make a fair point. English is not our first language. For some of the principals I’m not even sure it comes in at second place (Java, PHP, C/C++,…, Swedish, English). Although it seems we make ourselves understood in most situations we will be sure to double check all communication from now on. That is until we have recruited a perfectly fluent customer relations staff.

The sentences that you site above are not our best communication effort to date, I admit. I believe it was a try at replying to one of your comments: “…I'm confused about your apparent focus on 'categories' since categorization is one of the weakest aspects of existing datafeeds.”. Here’s another try: We agree that categorization is a very weak aspect of datafeeds. It’s exactly because of that this is one of the features we promote. We believe that there are affiliates that will find it convenient to be able to add entire, ready to use, categories to their shops. Quench’s premade categories are automatically updated, i.e. new products are automatically added and products no longer on offer are deleted.

I know that some ABW folks would absolutely LOVE to see a service that categorizes datafeed products effectively, but I don't know that any two people would agree on the "right" category structure. A key problem is that categories aren't always "mutually exclusive" -- many products fit into multiple overlapping categories (for example, a "San Francisco 49ers Jersey" is a sports/football fan product, and it's also clothing). Some folks will love the autofeed idea with millions of subpages; I certainly prefer the search model (if it's properly structured -- and I'm concerned that by [apparently] restricting searches to a single "category," you might not deliver "reasonably complete" search results).

Our categories can be used as they are but they can also be used as a starting point with the user adding and deleting products to customize the category (API).

Our search is not restricted to hits in categories although that is the case on the featured websites. For building your own categories or simply adding products there is a "global" search. Also, for visitors to Quench powered shops there is global search available. In our wordpress plugin you can add our search as a feature, it is not limited to the blog posts or added products in the storefront.

Your search model is certainly something we can accommodate quite soon.

As I wrote earlier, I'd love to hear feedback (from any datafeed-service provider) on my comments about how datafeed service-providers could improve their services (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=123561). I'm currently working on a much more detailed description of my desired functionality.

I think these are great suggestions and we can absolutely accommodate them. We will add these to our to do list immediately.

I'm glad that you understand that my response is intended as constructive criticism -- it would be great if you could deliver services I want, to enable me to efficiently integrate current datafeed content into my content sites.

Absolutely, we appreciate all feedback and yours is very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    FYI, another issue may be your promise to deliver consolidated reporting. Because this data is so valuable and proprietary for affiliates, merchants, and networks, you should expect strong resistance from all three. In short, we'll worry that our important data might be misused (by you, by someone you choose to share it with, or by someone who steals it from you) to undermine our efforts. This was one key reason why many affiliates were upset at PepperJam's "multiple roles" (as affiliate, OPM, and network). Successful affiliates won't trust you with their reporting data, until you convince them that their data won't be accessible to anyone engaged in "affiliate role" activities (and if you or your business associates or programmers engage in "affiliate role" activities, it's unlikely that you'll convince affiliates that their data won't be misused).

Consolidated reporting might be best delivered via software that runs securely on the affiliate's web server or personal computer, so that the data isn't being retrieved to your servers. Of course, with this model, you wouldn't have access to the raw reporting data to produce aggregated data for your own or affiliates' use -- but perhaps there could be a way for affiliates to elect to share some of their own aggregated data.

Certainly I'd love to find a trustworthy third party who could aggregate this data so that (for example) I could learn that in addition to the 550 clicks I sent to merchant A without generating any sales, there are another 218,600 clicks sent by 118 other affiliates without ever generating a single sale.

Michael Coley proposed an Open Source consolidated-affiliate-reporting tool (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=92540) but I don't think anyone ever followed through on the idea.
    ___

Also, if you want to know more about my "datafeed experiences," you might find it useful to check out the discussion threads linked from http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...64&postcount=9

These are valuable comments. We will definitely look into this again and better describe how the data is stored and used (or not used) and what security we have in place as well as to go over and possibly revise the legal documents to make sure this is clearly and confidently dealt with. We will also be sure to include the option to run the reports on affiliates’ servers.

The, let’s call it “global”, consolidated report you mention is also something we’ll look into. As of now the consolidation, we call it aggregation, we offer it across the networks that each specific customer is affiliated with, i.e. for a customer of Quench to be able to easily track performance without having to log in to multiple networks and add the numbers.

Thank you once again!

Quench is back!
    Because Quench is now live again, improved and revamped, we thought it appropriate to revive this thread.

Welcome back!
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; July 27th, 2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Removed link

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread