Wireless Rain Gauge?
    Has anyone ever owned one of these?

I have been debating for years if I should get one for my dad. He has always had an old glass rain gauge on a wooden post. I think he would enjoy seeing the amount of rainfall as it is actually raining. I just would like someone's opinion on these as far as being user friendly and functionality.

Thanks guys!

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Us old farts love gagdgets like that.

And we love gifts that we can see everyday ( in this case, hopefully NOT use everyday - :-) ) from our children.

Very good choice.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

I'm a weather junkie. I've gone through 2 Oregon Scientific wireless systems and the sending units keep crapping out on me.

I got a Bios Weather wireless system with rain gauge and wind speed. Piece of junk! The final straw with it was the wireless connection. If you lost the connection you had to go outside, put the sensor in its connecting mode, go back inside and set the receiver to setup the connection. If it worked, which was about 30% of the time, you could go back outside and put the top on their huge sensor. If the power is interrupted, even for a millisecond, you get to do this all over again. It lost the connection 3 or 4 times a day.

If you get a good one let me know. Overall, Oregon Scientific was pretty good. I'd like to find something better but would buy that brand again.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    I'm a weather junkie. I've gone through 2 Oregon Scientific wireless systems and the sending units keep crapping out on me.

I got a Bios Weather wireless system with rain gauge and wind speed. Piece of junk! The final straw with it was the wireless connection. If you lost the connection you had to go outside, put the sensor in its connecting mode, go back inside and set the receiver to setup the connection. If it worked, which was about 30% of the time, you could go back outside and put the top on their huge sensor. If the power is interrupted, even for a millisecond, you get to do this all over again. It lost the connection 3 or 4 times a day.

If you get a good one let me know. Overall, Oregon Scientific was pretty good. I'd like to find something better but would buy that brand again.
    This is what many of the reviews sound like for the ones that I have thought about buying. That is why I am leary of even buying one.

Thanks RG and Greg. Even though I think my dad would enjoy one of these if they actually worked, the challenge is finding a decent one. It may end up being another "restaurant gift card" gift for dad.

I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 system with a wireless rain gauge as one of its components. It is accurate and can be read from an indoor console or from your computer. I've had it a few years and aside from cleaning out the spiderwebs that can clog the gauge's tipping mechanism and replacing the lithium battery (once) it is accurate in real time and low maintenance. I would buy another Davis product if I needed to replace any of it.

Wireless Rain Gauge?
    Take your pick!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread