Finding the REAL affiliate money!
    First of all I am new to this forum so if I have posted this topic in the wrong location, please accept my apologies in advance.

I have a couple of successful websites with respect to traffic but I have never been able to really succeed with affiliate programs. I have read a lot of the "How To" manuals on the web but I know that I am missing something. My biggest disappointment is a sports related (I hope posting the type of site isn't wrong) website that draws in anywhere from 20,000 to 100,000 unique visitors a month. I have a few search terms in Google locked up that provide a lot of organic traffic which I think is good as we do not pay for any traffic or links. I read all of these success stories from people who can convert traffic to cash on much less traffic than I achieve but I have never been able to make this happen for my sites. I signed up a few years ago with Share-A-Sale and I have earned a whopping $17.04 in commissions from numerous sports data feeds. I keep signing up to programs that provide datafeeds that mysteriously have no money or go offline soon after I sign up. I spend a lot of effort creating sections on my websites based on these feeds that allows me to keep unique content, only to have the program end or run out of funds. I am not sure that my problem rests with selecting poor affiliate programs but I am sure this still has an effect.

I am a little frustrated and I am hoping that there are some quality reference materials that people can suggest I read to fully understand how to make money as a publisher. I am not asking for a hand out but I would like to learn why I cannot generate sales and commission from websites I think should be generating much more.

My disappointment doesn't rest with Share-A-Sale as my total revenue from this one website is only around $500 a month which doesn't translate well even on my worst month (20,000 unique visitors).

Can anyone make some suggestions or provide hints on how to start making my websites profitable? Do I need to re-evaluate my expectations?

http and a telephoto
    Your best bet is to contact an affiliate manager for a sports program you are in and have them review your site. If you are just tossing up datafeeds on your site without incorporating the products into your content that isn't an effective way to make shoppers go shopping

There are a lot of ways to use datafeeds effectively, some ideas are in this thread:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=60200

It's a long thread, but it is worth the read.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you!

I do incorporate the feed in various sections but what I am doing isn't working.

I appreciate you passing on that link! I am off to read it now!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    You need to be working with Football Fanatics on SAS - a good, converting merchant!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread