The best classified ad for an Affiliate Marketing Managerial position:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mar/28571528.html

Wow!

Wow.. what a post... And the best I'v seen!

ABW Ambassador
    Who's the merchant?

http and a telephoto
    I wouldn't want the job, I wouldn't want to work with the merchant. They sound nasty....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

........geez, makes my previous employer (who was a horror) sound almost nice

Any potential employer requiring to see my banking and financial info can kiss mine! PPPPPPPPbbbbbbbbt.
    ~Ernie

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Why would anyone post a job and not say what company, as they stated themselves, good AMs are generally in happy jobs, so why apply to an annonymous company....hmmm.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

That's the job from Hell!

What sane individual would want that job?
    I get an ulcer just reading about it.

I can't imagine that anyone would apply for the job. The bank statements and tax returns are none of their business, as far as I'm concerned.

Pity the poor dolt who winds up with that job!

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    That micro management style tells me the boss needs to get a life.

Who's a pregnant AM with a BeFree merchant?
    That should be an easy one to figure out.

Good Morning All,

I believe - (although since it is not posted with a company name, one cannot be sure) this job posting is regarding the opening at Birddog Associates. Best Deal Magazines is a Birddog Associates Company that runs their program through BF & CJ.

The position is opening because I am not renewing my one year contract June 30. It is true that I am expecting my first child, however I think it may be a misunderstanding that I will be completely "devoting my future to motherhood". Of course I am very excited to be starting a family, but in the same respect ( as I am sure you can all relate to) I need to continue to work full time and one of the reasons I chose this career is the flexibility of family/ work life! I will be continuing to work as an independant Affiliate Marketing Consultant assisting merchants with profitable affiliate programs like I have for the last few years.

Thank you.
    Lizabeth Sorensen
    Affiliate Program Consultant
    lizATemerchantconsultingDOTCOM
    www.emerchantconsulting.com
    518-233-7431 EST.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This is not a 9-5 job. You need to keep the hours our affiliates do. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm...considering we're an international community, wouldn't the hours be 24/7?

Lizabeth, congrats on your pregnancy, and congrats on setting such a high standard for this company.

Affiliate Manager
    "We are not holding our breath as most of the good people are happy in their jobs with many earning more than they need."

LOL!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris - WSO:
    Why would anyone post a job and not say what company, as they stated themselves, good AMs are generally in happy jobs, so why apply to an annonymous company....hmmm.

Cheers

Chris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Exactly. It's like listing your home on the real estate board and purposely leaving out the property address. Nice huh?

Whoever wrote that job listing needs a reality check.

...Our twentieth choice: someone who had seen a cover of "The Internet For Dummies" on a glass display while passing a B&N store riding a bus...

ABW Ambassador
    That job description is amazing. I can't tell if they are trying to be smart and "hip" and it's not coming across well or if it's intentional and they really are that harsh.

Either way, it seems like they are expecting an awful lot from their AM. I can't imagine an AM that knows what they are doing to want the job. And the part about wanting someone's bank accounts or tax returns - what's up with that? They then know how much the AM made and will give corresponding compensation I'm sure. What does that have to do with someone doing a job?

What does this part mean - "We require ... inspection reports on our leading affiliate's websites several times a week." Wonder what exactly they are "inspecting" and why they would want to? That doesn't sound too good.

Liz - congratulations on your pregnancy. If the ad is any indication, it seems like you made a good decision not to continue with them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Affiliate management including riding herd on underperforming affiliates
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey, that's me!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What does this part mean - "We require ... inspection reports on our leading affiliate's websites several times a week." Wonder what exactly they are "inspecting" and why they would want to? That doesn't sound too good.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

isn't that what we've been watching for all along? a company that looks for suspicious activity -=-----parasites!------- among their top affiliates?

gotta give them credit if that's the case!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread