Beware I just got this email I think it must be a scam as I'm sure no genuine bank would ask for your personal info like this.

I did a whois and here is the info (right at the bottom) if anyone knows what it is best to do with it to try and get this scum either behind bars or dangling on the end of a rope.

Dear Citibank Member,

As part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website, we are undertaking a period review of our member accounts.

You are requested to visit our site, login to your account and fill in the required information.

https://secure.citibank/support/update.html

This is required for us to continue to offer you a safe and risk free environment to send and receive money online and maintain the experience.

Thank you,

Accounts Management

As outlined in our User Agreement, citibank will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

---------------------------------------------

Thank you for using Citibank!

---------------------------------------------

Do not reply to this email.

============== who is info =================
    PO BOX 290754
    NASHVILLE, 37229-0754
    United States
    Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: IMAGESCREATIVEGROUP.ORG
    Created on: 16-Oct-98
    Expires on: 15-Oct-06
    Last Updated on: 25-Sep-03
    Administrative Contact:
    Gambrell, Brent brent@brentgambrell.com
    PO BOX 290754
    NASHVILLE, 37229-0754
    United States
    Technical Contact:
    , kkelso@kserver.net
    Kris ** Kelso
    P.O. Box 292342
    Nashville, 37229-2342
    United States
    Domain servers in listed order:
    NS9.EHOSTSOURCE.COM
    NS10.EHOSTSOURCE.COM
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Gordon, Citibank should have an email address where you can send this type of thing to. It is definitely a fraudulent request to try and get your personal details. I've received something like this from someone posing as MY bank as well - in fact the bank has a warning on their website about it. There is a similar thing going on with somebody trying to get your PayPal details as well. One just has to ask "what is the internet turning into?"!! A nesting place for crooks and scam artists!

I have been getting them also and I don't even have an account with citibank.

Gordon,

Make sure you send that message, headers and all, to CitiBank. Most banks have a very low tolerance for this type of activity, and they WILL go after the perps that send this cr@p out.

Once CitiBank gets involved, the dipstick who sent you this spam will have sent his last!

Andy

Thanks guys

I went to the citibank site and filled everything in there. I hope they get this scum.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    This scam has been around for about 2 years. I periodically get the same email.

hi,

The email PROBABLY used an IE/outlook vulnerability URL spoof. Using your regular internet explorer, you woulnt notice anything wrong, with the https + plus the citibank.com domain. this scam has been in circulation for quite a few years now (and quite successful)

you can test your IEs and find out for yourself.
    http://secunia.com/internet_explorer...spoofing_test/

be careful guys.
    [url=http://abestweb.com/][B][COLOR=Red]Affiliate Marketing Forum[/COLOR][/B][/url]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:
    Thanks guys

I went to the citibank site and filled everything in there. I hope they get this scum. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gordon,

did you click on the link on the email and used the form using IE?
    [url=http://abestweb.com/][B][COLOR=Red]Affiliate Marketing Forum[/COLOR][/B][/url]

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I have gotten this email too, but at email accounts that have nothing to do with my citibank account.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

prix yes I did click on it, thats how I found it it redirected to the other url

YouTrek

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:
    prix yes I did click on it, thats how I found it it redirected to the other url <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gordon, if you actually typed in the citibank.com URL on the address bar then your fine, BUT if you clicked on the link on the email it will SPOOF the IE and you would see something like https://citibank.com (or anything they want) but thats not actually the real URL, thats the IE exploit URL spoof in action. If you wamt, you can review the link i gave earlier to see how this IE vulnerability is being exploited

I see how you mean now prix yes,
    WOW! some guys are really on the ball in this game aren't they?

I wonder when microsoft will fetch out yet another security patch? I feel like I've got more security patches than bloody explorer files on my comp and it is still so easy to hack or fool.

YouTrek

I had something simliar but said it was American Express and being the idiot way back then they stole all my info- so I 2 cents never give out your info.

call cititbank becasue they come down hard on this kind of thing-

check you have no parsites, maybe I am paraniod but I do not take chances anymore.

cheers,

sharon

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    There was an article in yesterday's newspaper about phishing - and they actually used the Citibank email as an example.

Thay said citibank has some kind of warning on their site to let their cardholders know it's happeneing.

But when you think about it, they probably send out millions of these - and they only need ONE sucker - that's too strong - they only need one person who isn't 100% tech savy, and they have a successful identity theft.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread