Hi there! I was browsing a store today (bizrate.com) and I was wondering, how in the world can they have so many products from different merchants and rate so many stores at the same time? I'm realy amazed with that store. Does any one know how they do it? I'm getting started on learning php and mysql at this time. Do you think that bizrate is run'ed by one person or is it a company? Thanks every one!

If you look at their "About" page you'll see they have 100 employees.

Wow! Know my question is: Can a single person manage such a site? and also, what kind of programs you think they use? such as: databases, programing etc.
    Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Bizrate.com is a massive company. There is no way one person can ever hope to manage such a vast amount of work.
    They must use all sorts of different types of applications and techniques to manage their site. It is impossible for one person to do anywhere near that amount of work

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    If you can't compete on their scale, why not create your own scale? Find a niche and promote that, perhaps.

But, keep in mind that in 1996 they started as a very simple shopping mall, less advanced than some of today's one-man shows. They got some venture funding to their business, though, and went through some though times. There was their competetion, ShopNow.com, which is nowhere_to_be_found_now.com

If you're a business-minded person, there is no stopping you. If you're a work-minded person, just maintain what you have and grow it slowlym thank God for what you can scope out.

ABW Ambassador
    You have to look at the limitations of just one person doing all of the work.
    Look at Ebay, Yahoo and Google, all founded by 2 people. All 6 of them are worth over $1 billion each, and all are under 40 years old.
    Anything is possible in the online world. If you are determined, you can do a lot.

""If you can't compete on their scale, why not create your own scale? Find a niche and promote that, perhaps.""

You know I was thinking the exact same thing. How would you make sort of a mini site like thers for say one or 2 products? And be able to search by certian criteria

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread