Confused about application status
    This is the first merchant I've applied to that wasn't auto approve so I'm a bit unsure of how this usually works. Within a minute or so of applying I received the following email. The first half seems to suggest that my application is pending. The second half suggests I was declined. According to my site logs, I got no hits during this time so it couldn't have been reviewed. Also, my activity summary report lists the merchant as still pending. It's now been a week since my original application. What does all this mean?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This message is sent in response to your application for the affiliate marketing program of Lifestation, managed by ShareASale.com. This letter by itself is not an indication that you have been approved, or not-approved for the program. Please check your account online for approval status, or contact the merchant directly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for applying to become a LifeStation affiliate.

Based on our review of your website the content does not appear to be consistent with our medical alert monitoring product. If you feel that this is in error, please contact us.

Thank you,

LifeStation Marketing

You should certainly contact the merchant; the message definitely sounds like a "decline" but they may have chosen to leave the application "pending" until you have time to follow up to explain why your site is a good match.

A few merchants will just leave "nearly all" applications pending until they receive a follow-up inquiry, on the theory that they only want to approve affiliates who are "really serious." I think the real reason is that they don't have time to review all the applicant sites, and they choose not to review ANY sites until there is a follow-up inquiry from the publisher. I think that's an absurd practice and I don't like to work with such clueless merchants (who are likely to be clueless or have questionable ethics in other areas, too).

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Looks like the wording they have in their "pending" auto-responder is off... I'll give them a call. But I suspect you are still truly pending and not declined

If you email me with your username, I can doublecheck for you.

And good point Mark. The affiliate already took the first step when applying to work with a program. The least the merchant can do is take the second step and either approve/decline the affiliate.
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Got in touch with the merchant, it indeed was an error and is now resolved.

I'm guessing you mean resolved in the sense of fixing that confusing auto responder message cause I'm still pending. I think this new year's resolution should be for me to learn patience.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread