ABW Ambassador
    Commissions for Toolbar Downloads
    In an email by my Performance Manager it read something like this:

Please advise if there are there any “toolbar publishers” who would like to have their toolbar downloaded by potentially thousands of people per day? Would you be willing to pay a commission for each download? If you believe you would be a good fit please let me know so we can set up some time to discuss the opportunity available.
    I'm not sure what this means, seems a bit strange? I see most toolbars as evil commission stealing applications so I'm quite surprised by this.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Umm, could you name the merchant? I agree with you and doesn't sound very comforting.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Bear, it was from CJ and not a merchant.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Hi Glinted
    oops, read your post too quickly and thought you were referring to an affiliate manager. Sorry bout that. Somebody representing the network.... then that makes it even sound worse Not sure where it is now but there was another post made about somebody seein an ad on Facebook regarding toolbars. Don't know if the two are related or not? Do agree with your post.

http and a telephoto
    CJ loves toolbar affiliates....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

So are you an affiliate, or an advertiser? Frankly, the email doesn't make any sense from either side.

Toolbars don't have to be affiliate-related toolbars - IAC heavily pushes their toolbars in CPA networks (through things like Zwinkys or Smiley toolbars) in order to set Ask.com (or an affiliated site) as the default search provider or to add an Ask search box on a browser to increase market share. Yahoo & MSN both push theirs pretty heavily through Java updates, to increase search share.

http and a telephoto
    I hate upgrading Java for just that reason.... I hate having to remember to tell it NOT to install the yahoo toolbar.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    So are you an affiliate, or an advertiser? Frankly, the email doesn't make any sense from either side.
    I'm an affiliate and yes it does sound like it should have been sent to merchants. It was just one paragraph in a roundup of news or updates from my CJ rep.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread