Seeking Beta Testers for Affiliate Facebook App
    I know this is a super active groups.
    How do I seek interested users to beta check a cool new Facebook Application I built?
    I will put the link to the app only if the forum users show interest.

Hopefully I am not being spammy.

I look forward to comments from interested users.

Does the app have anything to do with affiliate marketing?

If not, it probably doesn't belong on ABestWeb.com. We're an affiliate marketing forum.

If it does, you're right that posting a link or trying to solicit people would appear as spammy.

Why don't you ask your friends or buy a Facebook Ad?
    Last edited by MichaelColey; December 30th, 2009 at 04:05 PM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

yeah. The Facebook app is for affiliate users to create affiliate showcases and earn money. The interesting spin is that they can work collaboratively with their friends to put up the affiliate showcases. All with clicks. All in real time.

So to allay any fears, I am *not* promoting "my own" affiliate store or anything like that.

All I am doing is making available an app for this community to try it out.

I hope the community can help. If this is still considered spammy, interested users can email me via this forum to get the link.

But I hope to discuss this openly with your forum users.

Is it free, or will you be taking a percentage of the clicks, or what?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Its free. Commissions can be tracked by two ways:
    1. our account at Linkshare, ShareASale etc
    ( tradeoff: limited to our few merchants. Benefit: newbies dont need to worry about affiliate network etc. Though frankly I am discouraging this use since it become more work for us)

or
    2. users can map their affiliate accounts
    (benefit: most of your merchant partnerships can work. You track sales from your account. Easy for everyone.
    Caveat: this needs some eager users to test it for me. Primarily because there can be so many levels or affiliate linking/parnerships)

If the community supports it, I can do more development.

Whats in it for me?: hopefully google buys us

ABW Ambassador
    I tried to send you an email but...

"Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help."

until I figure that out, please send email to rahul@dotogether.com

I believe I have the set the option now to get emails. Please try contacting me if you and someone you know may be interested.

Since you're offering it for free and have been upfront about it and it is useful for affiliates, I'll allow you to post the details and solicit beta testers.

I'm moving this thread and will update the title.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thanks Michael.

For interested users willing to try it out and suggest improvements ( still many things could be done).

Here is the information:

Facebook app is at: http://apps.facebook.com/doTogether

The main site is: http://www.doTogether.com

Initially this will be confusing but hope to understand how you use or your suggestions and fix this in a week or two.

Here are quick steps:
    1. use the app and where it asks " what do you want to do?" enter any affiliate store category you want to start e.g. shoes under $50.
    2. Invite friends to find such shoes and add it to your showcase.
    3. If they use partner merchants, these shoe links will track commissions
    4. Visit doTogether.com to give you showcase a name. The showcase built in this way with friends can be viewed as a portal ( e.g. http://www.dotogether.com/idreamoffashion)

idea is friends can help you find stuff, even buy from each others recommendations and your showcase becomes an affiliate enabled storefront.

This might sound all confusing. Feel free to call me at rahul@dotogether.com.

I hope to add value to this community by building something meaningful and useful.

thanks
    Rahul

ABW Ambassador
    Is my showcase visible to my friends on Facebook. Or is the showcase only available on your site.

Then I understand I can browse my affiliate product site and add products to my show case. Will that retain my product link with my affiliate links.

Your showcase is visible to your friends using the doTogether facebook application.
    Once they join in with you based on your invite, there is a "view this showcase" link on the menu on top. They can browse your showcase right within Facebook.

If you add items from your affiliate store, we will simply link back to your affiliate store and from there your affiliate links will still work.

The advantage of using doTogether.com showcase is that all your categories can be browsed like a storefront. However I made a note to make this same feature available in the FB app. It's easy to today, I just have to figure out a way to avoid clutter since other friends on dotogether will be listed there as well.

ABW Ambassador
    I think this app has some very good potential for affiliates.

Does an affiliate need to sign up with your main website also.

Thanks. Still lot of work but with the community support I can start hacking more.
    "Does an affiliate need to sign up with your main website also?"
    Short answer: no
    but if affiliates want to track their own links instead of using our handful of partner merchants, then that needs to be setup on the main site.

Eventually all those functions can be brought into FB but fb offers very little realestate to put all the info. So I expect beginners will start with just fb and pros can use both main site and fb app.

btw, we also have rss showcase feeds and cool flash widgets for putting your showcase on other sites/blogs.

So there is a lot I built but we can take baby steps to make this effective and provide real value to you folks.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread