ABW Ambassador
    Here's another nice one... I've had this problem in the past and never really stayed on it...

Last time I had a sale reversed for "duplicate order" but never did find the original order. I've been too busy to stay on top of it.

Now today with the new reporting it's a little bit eaiser. (thank you)

I have a reversal (oh, we call those what now? ) from our favorite TFAW. It shows $0 commission and says it's order 123 and it's a duplicate of 321. So I go find 321. Interesting. it too shows $0 commsion, but now it's order 321 that is a dupliate of 123.

So what's up with that?

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

*sigh*

you guys will never learn

i guess there is no further point to me bringing any scandalous merchants to light.

im serious.

this is sad.

Hi AffJus-

Please e-mail me (through Commission Junction) the order ID's and dates of the transactions in question and I will look into it.

Thank you,
    Michael Ring
    Online Marketing Coordinator
    Things From Another World
    http://www.tfaw.com/

quote:
    Originally posted by AffJus:
    Here's another nice one... I've had this problem in the past and never really stayed on it...

Last time I had a sale reversed for "duplicate order" but never did find the original order. I've been too busy to stay on top of it.

Now today with the new reporting it's a little bit eaiser. (thank you)

I have a reversal (oh, we call those what now? ) from our favorite TFAW. It shows $0 commission and says it's order 123 and it's a duplicate of 321. So I go find 321. Interesting. it too shows $0 commsion, but now it's order 321 that is a dupliate of 123.

So what's up with that?

]

I have tons of those showing up in my reports also. Many $0.00 commission sales, many reversals and just too much to keep track of right now.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

quote:
    Originally posted by Heidi:
    I have tons of those showing up in my reports also. Many $0.00 commission sales, many reversals and just too much to keep track of right now.

Heidi
    http://www.fit2a-t.com/affiliate.asp - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

We believe the $0.00 transactions (and likely the duplicate non 0.00 orders) are coming from browser reloads on our "thank you" page or from people printing the page (which sometimes re-requests the page depending on your browser).

We realize that these phantom transactions are a pain in the a$$ to wade through, plus it artificially inflates our 'correction' percentage. We're working on a solution as we speak to eliminate the dupes from being sent to CJ at all.

If only everyone used the same browser, this would be much easier...

Thanks for your patience.

-Dale

I would really love to promote tfaw, so very many wonderful products.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Things From Another World:

We believe the $0.00 transactions (and likely the duplicate non 0.00 orders) are coming from browser reloads on our "thank you" page or from people printing the page (which sometimes re-requests the page depending on your browser).

So do you want me to send the txn or not? had another this am.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by papasan:
    *sigh*

i guess there is no further point to me bringing any scandalous merchants to light.

im serious.

this is sad.

Papasun,

As critical as I am on people and companies, people do make mistakes. I agree with you totally that what they did with the commission is wrong, terrible, and yes, scandalous. And if they can't get their act together, they should be dropped. But if you look at the battle we are having with the parasites, you'll see a much bigger and more important battle. And TFAW is not listed with Ebates and I don't know about whenu. So, if they were really totally scummy, i'd expect them to be there. Now maybe they just haven't gotten around to lowering themselves that much, or, it could be the guy is on the level and made a mistake and now he'll be a great ally against the scum merchants.

And like I said, they have a nice site and carry pretty good stuff. while I was originally going to drop them totally, now they are on the bubble. What happens to them is up to them. BTW, they are not the only merchants with zero sales. I see it from time to time, so what they say could be totally true.

YOu did a great job bringing this situation to light and I thank you, and have thanked you in the past. So now lets see where the ball rolls... foul or fair?

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    [QUOTE]
    merchant XXX is not listed with Ebates and I don't know about whenu. So, if they were really totally scummy, i'd expect them to be there.

Unless, of course, merchant XXX is so totally scummy that eBates doesn't want to deal with them.

Even parasites need to choose a healthy host if they want to be the most pestulant that they can be.

The fact that TFAW is here trying to address issues is really a good indication that they are trying to be above board. Reversing both sides of a duplicate order is a classic computer type error, and the type of thing that people don't catch.

Protophoto - Short Stories

quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by papasan:
    *sigh*

im serious.

this is sad.

Papasun,

As critical as I am on people and companies, people do make mistakes. I agree with you totally that what they did with the commission is wrong, terrible, and yes, scandalous. And if they can't get their act together, they should be dropped. But if you look at the battle we are having with the parasites, you'll see a much bigger and more important battle. And TFAW is not listed with Ebates and I don't know about whenu. So, if they were really totally scummy, i'd expect them to be there. Now maybe they just haven't gotten around to lowering themselves that much, or, it could be the guy is on the level and made a mistake and now he'll be a great ally against the scum merchants.

And like I said, they have a nice site and carry pretty good stuff. while I was originally going to drop them totally, now they are on the bubble. What happens to them is up to them. BTW, they are not the only merchants with zero sales. I see it from time to time, so what they say could be totally true.

YOu did a great job bringing this situation to light and I thank you, and have thanked you in the past. So now lets see where the ball rolls... foul or fair?

To each his own as they say! Personally, I like to go where the money is. Giving away free advertising doesnt work for me!

If you are happy at TFAW, then I say go for it! What that means to me is that at least you wont be encroaching upon my territory!

lol!

Good Luck All!

ps how does anyone know how many sales they are missing until they try a replacement merchant?? and that goes for any merchant, this is not specific to TFAW.

btw ive seen TFAW lurking here for awhile and they havent posted. hmmmm... good strategy!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread