Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    The "other" left wing davidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492
    CJ December 2009 Payment.
    I never thought I would ever have anything nice to say about CJ, but I must say that it was awfully nice of them to pay early this month.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    1,065
    Well, I have many nice things to say about CJ. To me a perfect network doesn't exist. So I have to work with what is out there and is reasonably ok.

    I make most of my earning from CJ and the least of my earnings from SAS. Its not because CJ is the best and SAS is the worst though. I have a mix of sites that work well with the merchants on CJ. I can find very few good merchants that fit my sites from SAS.

    Some of the things I like about CJ
    1. Timely payment
    2. Name brand vendors, many of them that fit my sites.
    3. Reasonably good interface (compare with Gan, LS)
    4. A performance mgr to contact directly when needed

  3. #3
    Full Member Cymax Stores's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    Well, I have many nice things to say about CJ. To me a perfect network doesn't exist. So I have to work with what is out there and is reasonably ok.

    I make most of my earning from CJ and the least of my earnings from SAS. Its not because CJ is the best and SAS is the worst though. I have a mix of sites that work well with the merchants on CJ. I can find very few good merchants that fit my sites from SAS.

    Some of the things I like about CJ
    1. Timely payment
    2. Name brand vendors, many of them that fit my sites.
    3. Reasonably good interface (compare with Gan, LS)
    4. A performance mgr to contact directly when needed

    My thoughts exactly!

    I don't seem to understand the amount of CJ bashing that goes around here sometimes. All i know is, since we've joined CJ back in Oct 08, it's been nothing but good times!
    [B]Quy Le - Affiliate Manager[/B] [CJ, SAS]
    Email: quy.l@cymax.com
    Office: 1-866-740-9830 ext 235
    [URL=http://www.cymax.com]Cymax Stores - Internet Retailer Top 500[/URL]
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2461201]CJ Network Earnings Rating: 4/5 - Sign Up Today![/URL]

    -"[I]You Always Succeed in the Pursuit of Mediocrity...[/I]"

  4. #4
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymax Stores
    My thoughts exactly!

    I don't seem to understand the amount of CJ bashing that goes around here sometimes.
    Let me give you an example. In early November, I discovered that a LARGE group of product links for a particular merchant began going to a page that said "Sorry, you've reached a page that is no longer active. Please click here to go to our home page.", despite the fact that the products were still available, and that working links were available in the CJ interface. These links would mysteriously work ok for a day or two, then go back to this message. They totally stopped ever going to the proper landing page in mid-November.

    I sent, one, two, three, four, five, .... emails to the CJ account manager for this merchants, over several days, and finally received an email response that they would look into it. A week later, on Friday, Nov, 20, I received a telephone call from the representative, who told me he had not seen this problem before, and needed to contact the merchant, which he could not do until the following Monday, and that he would let me know as soon as he spoke to them.

    That was the LAST contact from CJ on this issue, and all I could do is start replacing the links (the majority with the same products from other merchants on other networks).

    This is just one example of the type of support CJ provides to the average "little guy" affiliate.

    I do give them kudos, however, for reliable, timely payment each month.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

  5. #5
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    I wouldn't put the blame on the network in a situation like that. It's likely a merchant issue. All networks have merchants with issues (even SAS).

    Overall, I find CJ to be a very good network. Not perfect, mind you. But I have very few complaints. My biggest complaint, by far, is that I don't feel that they draw the line on ethics where I would draw it. (Not even ShareASale does, although they're FAR closer.) They allow a lot of unethical behavior by their merchants and affiliates that I would prefer networks not allow. But other than that, they're great. Fast payments. Many great merchants. Escrow accounts. Advisory board. Good interface.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  6. #6
    Full Member Cymax Stores's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Let me give you an example. In early November, I discovered that a LARGE group of product links for a particular merchant began going to a page that said "Sorry, you've reached a page that is no longer active. Please click here to go to our home page.", despite the fact that the products were still available, and that working links were available in the CJ interface. These links would mysteriously work ok for a day or two, then go back to this message. They totally stopped ever going to the proper landing page in mid-November.

    I sent, one, two, three, four, five, .... emails to the CJ account manager for this merchants, over several days, and finally received an email response that they would look into it. A week later, on Friday, Nov, 20, I received a telephone call from the representative, who told me he had not seen this problem before, and needed to contact the merchant, which he could not do until the following Monday, and that he would let me know as soon as he spoke to them.

    That was the LAST contact from CJ on this issue, and all I could do is start replacing the links (the majority with the same products from other merchants on other networks).

    This is just one example of the type of support CJ provides to the average "little guy" affiliate.

    I do give them kudos, however, for reliable, timely payment each month.
    I can completely understand how that would be frustrating. I was merely agreeing with Sam Park in that no network is perfect, and that our history with CJ over the last 14 months have been nothing but positive. Sales are good, CPA is pretty low (compared to some other sales channels), a lot of really strong publishers to work with, and the service i've received from my reps have been great.
    [B]Quy Le - Affiliate Manager[/B] [CJ, SAS]
    Email: quy.l@cymax.com
    Office: 1-866-740-9830 ext 235
    [URL=http://www.cymax.com]Cymax Stores - Internet Retailer Top 500[/URL]
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2461201]CJ Network Earnings Rating: 4/5 - Sign Up Today![/URL]

    -"[I]You Always Succeed in the Pursuit of Mediocrity...[/I]"

  7. #7
    The "other" left wing davidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492
    the amount of CJ bashing that goes around here sometimes.
    When you make your own online purchases through your own affiliate links, and most of them don't get tracked and reported, and the network folk give you a runaround.... it's pretty hard to find something nice to say about them.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

  8. #8
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,470
    CJ is the best network to work with once you become a CJP!

    Getting support from CJ is difficult until you cross that CJP mark!!.

    CJ is still one of the best networks in many aspects despite all the complains one airs out here. I assume those complaints primarily originate from non-CJPs here

  9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. zZounds December payment?
    By johnnyp in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 28th, 2006, 03:23 PM
  2. December Payment Withdrawn Anyone?
    By gettnthar in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: January 27th, 2003, 05:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •