PPC vs SEO
    I see that cost of clicks at Google adwords is higher and higher , Is PPC More Important to a New Site Than SEO ?
    Duka

Online Marketing Consultant
    Think about it this way, which is better free traffic or paid traffic. Free traffic you don't have to pay for, but you usually have to work a lot harder for. After the holiday season costs for PPC will go back down, but you still have to pay for the traffic, however you can drive more targeted traffic. Just make sure you have a newsletter or some way that you can remonetize the traffic again so you can get the most out of your PPC traffic.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader
    Think about it this way, which is better free traffic or paid traffic. Free traffic you don't have to pay for, but you usually have to work a lot harder for. After the holiday season costs for PPC will go back down, but you still have to pay for the traffic, however you can drive more targeted traffic. Just make sure you have a newsletter or some way that you can remonetize the traffic again so you can get the most out of your PPC traffic.
    Thanks Rollerblader
    I think for a long time success is better SEO ,I intend to open new webpage and for the start I need some help regarding SEO and what is the best way for start up marketing campaign for new site?
    regards Duka

I would start by writing a ton of content and getting ready to release it on a timed schedule. Then create a few backlinks to help get yourself indexed properly. Then start working on your user experience and keep the Search Engines spiders and bots in mind and you should be off to a good start. =0)
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

It's also a question of time. If you're launching something that has long term value based on content that is produced consistently over time, then SEO has tremendous value. If you're launching something with a shelf life of only a few days or weeks (a campaign around a product based on current events, for example), then PPC is required because SEO typically takes longer to show meaningful results.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel M. Clark
    It's also a question of time. If you're launching something that has long term value based on content that is produced consistently over time, then SEO has tremendous value. If you're launching something with a shelf life of only a few days or weeks (a campaign around a product based on current events, for example), then PPC is required because SEO typically takes longer to show meaningful results.
    Thanks Daniel
    I definitely,intend to make new- long term site based on white hat strategy,according your coment I see that PPC is good tool for short term events or products,

Don't get me wrong, PPC can be a valuable part of a long term strategy as well - but generally speaking, it's best used for things with a short shelf life or news/current events type things.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel M. Clark
    Don't get me wrong, PPC can be a valuable part of a long term strategy as well - but generally speaking, it's best used for things with a short shelf life or news/current events type things.
    ok,question is :if I made a new site now(with a good content and backlinks ant etc.),can I start with PPC immediately or I will wait some time and for a start will pay SEO consultants for developing SEO strategy
    Regards

thanks Rollerblader
    after that is ok to use PPC for some specific geo Targeting areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Duka
    thanks Rollerblader
    after that is ok to use PPC for some specific geo Targeting areas?
    Geotargeted depends on a few things, is the product available in stores where you live, are the products regional or services regional, etc... Be careful because you don't want to exclude customers but you also don't want to include bad clicks either. Same with dayparting. Don't be afraid to ask your Affiliate Manager when the most sales come in from their analytics packages and then you know when to day part as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader
    Geotargeted depends on a few things, is the product available in stores where you live, are the products regional or services regional, etc... Be careful because you don't want to exclude customers but you also don't want to include bad clicks either. Same with dayparting. Don't be afraid to ask your Affiliate Manager when the most sales come in from their analytics packages and then you know when to day part as well.
    Thanks ,
    Even my merchant cover all teritory ,for example USA,I think that is better to focus PPC campaign at some area?

PPC traffic and SEO traffic are both targeted, the quality of traffic are same. The only different between the PPC and SEO is PPC can generate traffic very fast, even for the new website. However, SEO is more toward long term traffic, it need quite some time to get a good SERP before the search engine can generate traffic to your site. I would say go for both if possible

Quote Originally Posted by sparesigma View Post
    PPC traffic and SEO traffic are both targeted, the quality of traffic are same. The only different between the PPC and SEO is PPC can generate traffic very fast, even for the new website. However, SEO is more toward long term traffic, it need quite some time to get a good SERP before the search engine can generate traffic to your site. I would say go for both if possible
    this ^

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel m. Clark View Post
    it's also a question of time. If you're launching something that has long term value based on content that is produced consistently over time, then seo has tremendous value. If you're launching something with a shelf life of only a few days or weeks (a campaign around a product based on current events, for example), then ppc is required because seo typically takes longer to show meaningful results.
    +1

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

SEO takes time specially when it's a competitive market. PPC helps with the branding and getting the word out. Though it could be expensive, again this is dependent on your target market.

16. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread