Links and SEO benefit
    I have a question. Can links on affiliate pages help in SEO (link popularity / for advertiser page)?

Online Marketing Consultant
    If they point to your server, yes, if they send traffic yes, if they do not have no follow, yes. But if they point to a network then to you, probably not, if they have no follow tags, probably not. Depends how you have your program set up.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

...but you can check it easily. If your affiliate link looks like ww.CJ-site.com/click-AffID-1234 and redirect traffic to your page ww.YourSite.com/index.php=AffID=1234 which is the main page /index.php then type cache: ww.CJ-site.com/index.php?AffID=1234 in google searchbox. There is a line on the top -
    This is Google's cache of {some URL}. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on {time stamp}...
    IF the {some URL} = ww.YourSite.com/index.php
    THEN yes, it helps your SEO.
    ELSE sorry, mate You are out of luck today.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    In house systems like Post Affiliate Pro generate organic links that will increase search engine rankings for he merchant. They also help the affiliate site rank better.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; March 24th, 2010 at 01:42 AM.

By the way, CJ's links are useless because of robots.txt http://www.qksrv.net/robots.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    In house systems like Post Affiliate Pro generate organic links that will increase search engine rankings for he merchant. They also help the affiliate site rank better.
    Yes, Post Affiliate Pro supports multiple highly SEO efficient affiliate link types:
    - direct links (without any affiliate id in url)
    - anchor links (e.g. www.yourdomain.com#myaffiliateid)

Quote Originally Posted by qualityunit
    Yes, Post Affiliate Pro supports multiple highly SEO efficient affiliate link types:
    - direct links (without any affiliate id in url)
    - anchor links (e.g. www.yourdomain.com#myaffiliateid)
    Direct links are great for seo but domain.com#myaffiliateid it not good option. These links google do not recognize/do not use for serps.

As I know, anchor link has same quality for google as direct link
    They point to same page as link without anchor.

e.g. www.yourdomain.com/ and www.yourdomain.com/#anything has same quality for google

and for sure it is much better as www.yourdomain.com/?anything, because for google get parameters means, that possibly there is another content on the page depending on parameter value

Quote Originally Posted by qualityunit
    As I know, anchor link has same quality for google as direct link
    They point to same page as link without anchor.

e.g. www.yourdomain.com/ and www.yourdomain.com/#anything has same quality for google

and for sure it is much better as www.yourdomain.com/?anything, because for google get parameters means, that possibly there is another content on the page depending on parameter value
    Did You see baclinks for domain or pages in serps with domain/#... ? Google do not index such links i think so for seo the value for such link = 0.

Every parameters in url are not seo friendly - the best option is direct link, if it is not possible next option is static link like domain/something.html or domain/something/ and then redirect 301.

Yes, Google skip anchor part in the search result, but such link has exactly same quality as directly link! - it is proven by thousands of our installations (I own Quality Unit, which develops Post Affiliate Pro and I know what I'm talking about)

Anchor links has much better quality as for example link in form www.yourdomain/something.html
    Link in form www.yourdomain/something.html looks for google as duplicating of original content and you can even get penalization for it and not improve your SEO

Post Affiliate Pro supports all affiliate link types mentioned in this thread (including mod rewrite links, all kinds of redirects, etc), BUT we recommend to our clients to use direct links or anchor links, if they want to improve SEO quality

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread