Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starting today, I need help please! Anyone!
    I am new to affiliate marketing. I haven't even started with a program. The problem is, I don't have money to spend on programs. What are the best free sites? And how can I get started? Anything would help...

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pokey15417
    I am new to affiliate marketing. I haven't even started with a program. The problem is, I don't have money to spend on programs. What are the best free sites? And how can I get started? Anything would help...
    Don't waste your time ......

Only the strong survive right now.

gET A rEAL jOB!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Haha I understand that, but I believe if I can cut the time down on reading and actually take action I could be successful fast. I consider myself to be fully computer literate. I just need a tiny push-start.

ABW Ambassador
    Invest some time reading this forum, that will help you get started in this business

http and a telephoto
    You are a merchant or an affiliate?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I am venturing into the affliliate program.

ABW Ambassador
    I am venturing into the affliliate program.
    Can you be clearer? What you wrote does not make sense

I want to be an affliliate marketer

So why do you want to get into affiliate marketing, and what do you want to do with affiliate marketing?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Haha I understand that, but I believe if I can cut the time down on reading and actually take action I could be successful fast. I consider myself to be fully computer literate. I just need a tiny push-start.
    Pokey15417, there is no road map. If there were, then everyone would read it and everyone would be successful. Each of us started in this business differently, and among our 60K members, I doubt very seriously that you would find 2 that followed the same path.

Take everyone's advice and read all you can here on ABW. Forget about shortcuts, they don't exist. You'll have a much better chance of finding the path that'll lead you to your personal success if you take the time to learn the ropes. And remember, most of us are still learning, the day you stop learning is the day that you're declared officially dead.

If you need to be successful tomorrow, then you've probably chosen the wrong career path. Affiliate marketing is not for the faint of heart, those without vision or those not willing to do what it takes to be successful.

Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

@: I wanted to get into affiliate marketing, because I see the shift towards it. I have a minor and marketing, and I'm starting to realize today isn't about building relationships face to face. It can be done via internet now. I'm looking towards my future in marketing basically, and I feel affiliate marketing is the start.

@rematt: Thank you for you words of wisdom. I know in life, there is never a shortcut but they may be a faster and more efficient path to take. I will put alot of time on here for sure, and I already see the help you can receive from this online community. This is my first day and I've received alot of information. Thanks everyone.

http and a telephoto
    Here's a good thread to start with:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79507
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Its so daunting in the beginning. GET YOUR MINDSET RIGHT. Do 1 thing a day and cover one subject per week, this will get the ball rolling and give you some momentum. ie week 1 - what is a good niche market?
    week 2 - basics of driving traffic to your site

etc etc as you go you will figure out many more things that you need to cover.

This is what im doing and i swear by it

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyparks16
    Do 1 thing a day and cover one subject per week, ..
    Sorry, but that is a ion for failure. At that rate, you'll have a site going in two years. Most of us work 10-12 hours per day or more at this, and if it weren't for all that sleeping and eating time, it would be a lot more. Many people concentrate on one project at a time (which is part of what you are saying), rather than multi-tasking, but you need MUCH more productivity than that to succeed.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Hi Pokey,

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. Here is my sample roadmap.

1. Find a affiliate program that you have an interest. Estimated time 1 Day

2.Learn how to install a wordpress blog. (Its Free) Estimated time 1 Day

3.Use this tool to find out what people are searching for. https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

4.LEARN SEO - Here is a starting point http://seochat.com - Estimated time: LIFETIME

Don't try to create a site with 100 different merchants, just focus on 1 merchant. For that merchant focus on a single product.

For an example: Lets say I am looking to sell Laser printers, find a merchant that sells these laser printers that has an affiliate program. Office Depot is a Good Bet, they even have a $30 off $150 coupon use can post. Build a site dedicated to this 1 product, write articles why this product is better than the competition (You can even link to the competition with an affiliate URL), and most importantly build incoming links to the site (See seochat.com).

Do a search for laser printers at Google Keyword Tool, you will see what people are searching in relation to laser printers. Notice that "hp laserjet p3005dn" is searched 5400 times. This would be a good product to build a site for. When you register your domain I would buy a domain that is similiar to this www.hplaserjetp3005dn.com (I beat you to it)

This is a bunch of rambling but has powerfull information in it
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 24th, 2009 at 11:40 PM.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Quote Originally Posted by netnow22

Do a search for laser printers at Google Keyword Tool, you will see what people are searching in relation to laser printers. Notice that "hp laserjet p3005dn" is searched 5400 times. This would be a good product to build a site for. When you register your domain I would buy a domain that is similiar to this www.hplaserjetp3005dn.com (I beat you to it)
    I am not sure if buying domains on a trademarked term and a product number is a good stategy. It just takes a letter from HP to your host or domain registar and that site is gone.

I dont think this is a good longterm strategy especially for a newbie.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 24th, 2009 at 11:41 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andbeyond
    I am not sure if buying domains on a trademarked term and a product number is a good stategy. It just takes a letter from HP to your host or domain registar and that site is gone.

I dont think this is a good longterm strategy especially for a newbie.
    Not to mention when the product is discontinued in a few months.

netnow22's post has some very good info, but I concur that to use a domain with a specific product/brand/model name is a questionable way to proceed.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Hi Pokey,

1. Find a affiliate program that you have an interest. Estimated time 1 Day

2.Learn how to install a wordpress blog. (Its Free) Estimated time 1 Day

3.Use this tool to find out what people are searching for. https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

4.LEARN SEO - Here is a starting point http://seochat.com - Estimated time: LIFETIME

Don't try to create a site with 100 different merchants, just focus on 1 merchant. For that merchant focus on a single product.

For an example: Lets say I am looking to sell Laser printers, find a merchant that sells these laser printers that has an affiliate program. Office Depot is a Good Bet, they even have a $30 off $150 coupon use can post. Build a site dedicated to this 1 product, write articles why this product is better than the competition (You can even link to the competition with an affiliate URL), and most importantly build incoming links to the site (See seochat.com).

This is a bunch of rambling but has powerfull information in it
    This is the best answer for newbie I've ever seen
    thanks a lot netnow22
    regards
    Duka
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 24th, 2009 at 11:42 PM.

Your Welcome

ditto....great newbie answer....

Quote Originally Posted by IOWNIE
    ditto....great newbie answer....
    I have to say ,one year ago I saw couponcabin.com and retailmenot.com and decided to make site like those two,but lot of merchants did not accept me at CJ and Linkshare,some of them accepted me,and I made coupon's web page with low traffic, and after I have read netnow22's answer I understood that it was a wrong way,he saved me lot of money (I have put his answer on my desktop), I will make new site with one sort of products (sorry for gramatical mistakes,english is not my native language)
    Merry Christmas for all
    best regards
    Duka

Hi Pokey,

1. Find a affiliate program that you have an interest....

...is a bunch of rambling but has powerfull information in it

I gained alot from your answer. I'm a newbie myself. Having only 1 domain name myself (perhaps I'm lagging behind, no?). Still finding my grounds in this huge black hole of affiliate marketing. Daunting... (but i wanna sack my boss hurhur... )

~a.k.a

Congrats on starting in the best market of making money outside a 9-5 job.

My recommendation is to take it easy and sign up with networks by being up front and telling them that you are new and highly motivated.

Check out Affbuzz this is an amazing site, for all the affiliate marketing information you are going to get.

Read the blogs and soak as much information for one full week. However after that TAKE ACTION.

You'll pick up more questions along the way that makes more sense when you then re read the blogs on Affbuzz.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions of starting affiliate marketing I am an affiliate manager and that's what I do to get people started in this space.

Last edited by Trust; January 27th, 2010 at 09:28 PM.

Pokey,

Here is what you should do. Since you do not have much money I would start a blog. I love helping people and I would charge you nothing to help you set one up. I also can easily make you a free template and banner to get started because you need something that is unique. Ok, that's the easy part. Here is the work.

1. Sign up for an affiliate program. I would do Google Adsense because even though you are starting out making a small amount, you will at least be making some money and that will spur you on to greater heights.

2. we'll put the Adsense ads on your blog.

3. We will write at least 40 original, fresh articles based on what your niche is. One of my niches is electric bikes. There are millions of them and you need to consider if you are interested in the subject matter before you start writing about them. Also you need to consider whether or not there is a NEED for what you are writing about. If you are going into a niche make sure there are others into the niche because if nobody is in that niche chances are that there is no money to be made there either.

3. Post the articles as you write them. Do not post them all at once because Google likes to see growth over time.

4. When you post, make some of the postings long and some short. SEO experts have determined that posts with about 1200 words with pictures and video from Youtube are for some reason subscribed to the most through RSS feeds.

5. Get an RSS feed from Feedburner.

6. Find a mentor that knows some of this stuff.

7. Buy books on Amazon on Internet Marketing and learn as much as you can.

I know this is a lot, but you want to have a fast start. I have so much more I could tell you, but I have to run

God Bless!
    Last edited by Trust; January 28th, 2010 at 01:07 PM.

Let me know how everyone is doing? I am here to help...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast