Which blog hosting site is recommended?
    I know I've seen info regarding this topic on the web. I hope I am not asking this question twice here though. I'm trying to determine which blog hosting site I should go with.

I'm putting together a blog regarding the topic of financial investing strategies, tips, ect. I know there is a lot out there already, but I have written tons of relevant material that I think has a chance of standing out. Aside from that, I am a seasoned investor that can offer advice from personal experience. I currently have a blog.com blog going with 3 posts, but I'm considering a change to blogger.com.

Is it true that blogger.com tends to yield the best results? If I do make the change, would it be wise to copy and paste my 3 previous posts onto my new blog? Would this hurt my search engine ranking if the bot detects the same material twice?

The problem I'm having is finding a fitting name on blogger... Everything is taken!!!

I don't think where you host really matters, its how good your content is and if you can get people to read it. I would expect that you are looking at 3-4 months and 50 plus posts until you start getting enough organic traffic to feel like anyone is even looking at your site.

Online Marketing Consultant
    I prefer wordpress, but the best would be to buy your own domain and install wordpress on to it. By tons of content, are you talking about a couple hundred articles or a few thousand? Also what is the minimum or average word count for all of them?
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

http and a telephoto
    Is there a reason you are only looking at hosted blogs instead of creating your own blog on your own website domain? If you are building a business would you do it under someone else's name?

Here is a link to a podcast and article I wrote about why your content should be on your own website under your own control.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=118175

If you are a hobby blogger, then hosted blogs are fine, but if you are building a business don't give your content away to someone else, IMO.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks for the info. I don't have many blog postings right now, but I have been writing 2-3 articles a day concerning various topics within the realm of investing/finance. I'm hesitant to actually market any products on clickbank, most of the stuff related to the stock market is a scam as far as I'm concerned. My main source of revenue will ideally be through ads. I'm also looking to get my brother to start writing material for me, since hes always looking for something to occupy himself.

At this point, with few actual postings and tons of material to write about, I am seriously considering getting a godaddy domain name. I'm willing to put the time forth to develop a solid site, and I have enough knowledge in the topic to make an in depth site.

ABW Ambassador
    You know I've never even heard of blog.com and searching ABW, there's not one post on them before this one. Are they connected to Wordpress somehow? Checking some of the source code and I see WP themes being used.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Is there a reason you are only looking at hosted blogs instead of creating your own blog on your own website domain? If you are building a business would you do it under someone else's name?

Here is a link to a podcast and article I wrote about why your content should be on your own website under your own control.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=118175

If you are a hobby blogger, then hosted blogs are fine, but if you are building a business don't give your content away to someone else, IMO.
    Thanks for the tip. I actually made a decision... I've been looking at this all the wrong way. MY goal at first was to make money. Big woop, I can always get a job. I just registered a domain name and I'm going to work on it at night as a hobby. The goal of the site is to provide information regarding my niche. If I generate revenue through adsense or something like that, great. The primary goal is going to be to help those in need and develop my skills as a web master. I may include a few affiliate links for relevent products, but my site won't revolve around it.

I think that's the right way to think about things. If you can build a site that provides VALUE, you'll get traffic. If you have traffic, you can monetize it (whether through affiliate programs, AdSense, or whatever). Without traffic, you have nothing.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

i started with and recommend wordpress, a perfect way to get a feel for a blog

If you've registered a domain to set up a website, then I strongly urge you to look at using WordPress, which you can download from wordpress.org to install yourself. Many web hosting companies also offer a service when you set up your site with your domain called "Fantastico" which allows you to easily install wordpress with just a few clicks.

You're on target, I would say, if you approach this first as a way to share information while writing/blogging about things you love, THEN secondly as something you might monetize with ads, affiliate marketing, etc., once you've got some serious and engaged traffic at the site.

Good luck to you!
    Generate more fake news.

Hi wireandy,

WordPress hosted on your own hosting service under your own domain is indeed the way to go. WP is very easy to use compared to other blogging platforms and there are countless plugins to choose from if you want to add more functionality to your blog, not to mention the humongous number of themes available.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread