Anyone know anything about CyberCucina?
    I have been a CyberCucina affiliate for over a year now, just making a little sale here and there. I have used some of their products and think they would be an ideal merchant to feature in my new gourmandise site that is becoming more active day by day.

My plan is to use the CyberCucina datafeed to show all their products. I am presently in the planning stages of a new application for that purpose.

Being new to datafeeds, I contacted ShareASale with some simple but important questions. They were able to answer some of them and suggested that I contact the merchant directly to get the answers they could not provide.

I wrote to the AM at CyberCucina almost a week ago, but haven't heard a peep. Is this a flaky merchant, or what? I would like to hear what anybody out there knows about this outfit, because I don't want to waste a lot of time/work on something that may not be worth the effort.

Comments, anyone? ShareASale Brian, are you there? Maybe you want to help with this?

Happy holidays to all,

Carlos

I don't do very much with them but I do have them on a site of mine about pasta. A term might be "slow and steady" - with me being "slow" and CyberCucina being "steady."

The products are good and I haven't had a reversal in three years of being an affiliate. They used to have an active OPM and (back then) marketing efforts and response were top notch. Since they moved in-house two years ago I haven't really had any contact with which to judge responsiveness. The monthly newsletters and "auto updating" special banners are helpful. The only database implementation I use for them is via SAS's Make A Page. They are also available in PopShops, where the feed seems to be fairly well categorized.

Sorry I don't have more to tell you. My experience has been positive and I have not heard anything negative about them. The lack of response just may be because this is the "busiest" week of the year for most retail sites. But I would definitely want to be assured of the responsiveness of "any" merchant before I invest a lot of time in promoting them.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

OK, Bill, thanks for the comment.

Look like my timing today is not the best: after I posted less than an hour ago, I went to my email program and found a reply from CyberCucina. The AF apologized for the delay, citing what you just said, the holiday rush.

So now I feel better, but y'all please keep the comments coming. Thank you.

Carlos

I have also had sales with them and have not had problems with them.

I cannot comment on the Affiliate manager as I have not had any contact with them and don't even know who he/she is.

Did you contact them via SAS interface or directly via email? Perhaps I would try the SAS route since that may have less chance of being lumped into the spam folder or overlooked by all the other emails. Then again some merchants never look in their SAS email acct.

Bill is also right that this is the busiest time of year.

OK, just saw your post.

Glad you got a hold of 'm

...after I posted less than an hour ago, I went to my email program and found a reply from CyberCucina...
    Hey, that's the way it "always" works.

I like them because they have some unique products. For example, I can't imagine spending over ten bucks for a bottle of balsamic vinegar - but we have sold a couple of $50+ bottles. Must have been someone looking for a specific type/kind (or whatever). Now, I'm waiting to sell one of those $400+ gift sets.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I can't imagine spending over ten bucks for a bottle of balsamic vinegar - but we have sold a couple of $50+ bottles.
    When we were in Florence in March, we sampled some balsamic vinegar that was aged for different lengths of times -- 10, 15 and 25 years I think. They had some that was aged 100 years (which they wouldn't let us sample), and it was VERY expensive (way over $100). The longer it's aged, the richer the flavor. There was a huge difference in the flavor from 10 to 25 years. We bought a 100ml bottle of 15 year aged, on sale for about $10.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread