Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I received 2 unsolicited emails from these people and I clicked the unsubscribe link - even though I NEVER subscribed in the first place.
    A few days later I get more of the same!!!
    Shawn, stop your SPAM!
    You come to ABW and pretend to be respectable and at the same time you keep SPAMMING

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> From: "Shawn Collins - Author of 'Successful Affiliate Marketing for Merchants'" &lt;vnyc@in.optinpro.com&gt;
    Subject: Chapter 3: Become an Affiliate Yourself and Earn Income
    Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:52:09 -0400

Hi -

Chapter 3 of Successful Affiliate Marketing for Merchants' covers Become an Affiliate Yourself and Earn Income'

Consider this: Joining an affiliate program, in addition to offering one, can be a big benefit to your company.

Not only can you add valuable content to your site that will keep consumers coming back to you, but also your offers will be there in front of consumers whenever they are ready to buy.

Shoppers do not live on commerce alone. They go to the Web for information as well. By joining selective content affiliate programs, you can add free valuable content to your company's site - and get paid for it in the process.

Why would a content site give you free information and pay you to do it? For the same reason you create an affiliate program - to acquire customers and increase revenue.

So why not capitalize on your site traffic and gain additional revenue in the process?

In addition to your company becoming an affiliate, it should be mandated that members of your affiliate team create their own sites and become affiliates so they can have a 360-degree understanding of the industry.

Tomorrow, I'll touch on Chapter 8: Creating Your Affiliate Agreement.

Take care,

Shawn Collins
    shawn@affiliatemanager.net
    www.affstat.com - Affiliate Marketing Benchmarks
    www.affiliatesummit.com - Affiliate Summit 2004
    www.affiliatemanager.net - Affiliate Manager Resources
    Tel: 908-522-0056

To be removed from this mailing visit:
    http://www.optinpro.com/scripts/remo...644&i=23914257
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ENOUGH of this crap!

yea I seemed to get the same crap and was also wondering how I made my way onto his list since I know I never signed up in the first place.

Guess he's one brick short of a house in realizing the fact that if there is anyone out there that hates spam even more so then the average person it's legitimate affiliate marketers.

Jeez I get enough legit stuff in a day little own having to create yet another filter and waste more time. grrrrrrr

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Irma:
    I received 2 unsolicited emails from these people and I clicked the unsubscribe link - even though I NEVER subscribed in the first place.
    A few days later I get more of the same!!!
    Shawn, stop your SPAM!
    You come to ABW and pretend to be respectable and at the same time you keep SPAMMING

ENOUGH of this crap! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Irma -

I just realized that this was happening - it was a snafu where a historical list of ClubMom affiliates (2000 to present) somehow started getting a series of excerpts for my book.

I apologize for any inconvenience. It was entirely an accident - I wouldn't intentionally send email for an affiliate manager book to affiliates.

By the way, Irma - about the subject. Please explain the "again" part.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I wouldn't intentionally send email for an affiliate manager book to affiliates. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Subject: Chapter 3: Become an Affiliate Yourself and Earn Income <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the type of promotion you would sent to an affiliate manager?

Maybe one day you will learn what ethics and honesty are.
    I never liked you from day one and I also said you were the last person I'd want on my side at the 7/11 meeting (well maybe Wayne came above you on that) and after nearly three years I've seen nothing to help me change my mind or opinions.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Subject: Chapter 3: Become an Affiliate Yourself and Earn Income <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the type of promotion you would sent to an affiliate manager?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, yes. That's an excerpt from the third chapter of my book.

The entire chapter is dedicated to urging affiliate managers to become affiliates (if they are not already), so that they can better understand what affiliates want and need.

Is that so crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shawn Collins:

The entire chapter is dedicated to urging affiliate managers to become affiliates (if they are not already), so that they can better understand what affiliates want and need.

Is that so crazy? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that a conflict of interest? You are encouraging affiliate managers to become affiliates?

Surely affiliate managers should not be affiliates themselves? Certainly not with the affiliate program that they manage.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Julian:
    Isn't that a conflict of interest? You are encouraging affiliate managers to become affiliates?

Surely affiliate managers should not be affiliates themselves? Certainly not with the affiliate program that they manage. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was encouraging them to be affiliates of other programs.

Though I think it is helpful to be an uncompensated affiliate of your own program, in order to test new creative to determine the effectiveness before it goes out to the masses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shawn Collins:

I just realized that this was happening - it was a snafu where a historical list of ClubMom affiliates (2000 to present) somehow started getting a series of excerpts for my book.

I apologize for any inconvenience. It was entirely an accident - I wouldn't intentionally send email for an affiliate manager book to affiliates. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BULLSH*T Shawn Collins

I have never signed up for any of your programs and I am getting your SPAM

I am now presenting you with Cease and Desist or I will see you in person before a Prosecuting Attorney and Judge.

HAIKO - you need to do something about ABW members taking advantage of other ABW members!

ABW Ambassador
    It is DEFINITELY a conflict of interest and extremely unethical along with it. It is hard to believe that any decent company would allow this or not have an AM sign off on something that forbids this.

Hmmm...yet another accident.

These things just sort of gravitate towards Shawn, I guess.

Optinpro...I see he partners with nice company, too.

Andy

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Personally I prefer AMs who do not add to the overall competition on my end of the industry.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I just realized that this was happening - it was a snafu where a historical list of ClubMom affiliates (2000 to present) somehow started getting a series of excerpts for my book.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Snafu? Hmmm, the email address I received this to was Never related to ANY affiliate program or merchants.
    And how about the fact that after unsubscribing, I STILL get this? Another snafu?
    No, this is SPAM.
    I want you to tell me where you got this email address from!!!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    You are saying to the affiliates (on ABW) that it is for the managers to learn and understand, but when speaking to the managers (what is written in the chapter) the rationale is to earn more money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    You are saying to the affiliates (on ABW) that it is for the managers to learn and understand, but when speaking to the managers (what is written in the chapter) the rationale is to earn more money. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The chapter is 13 pages long. I discuss merchants joining programs to earn money, add content to their sites, and to gain a greater understanding of what it is to be an affiliate.

The part about learning and understanding what affiliates deal with is on pages 61-62.

ABW Ambassador
    Shawn, for the third time: I want you to tell me where you got my email address from!!!!!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I clicked the opt-out link on one of the emails I received and got this message:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The email address has already been removed from our mailing list. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    BULLSH*T Shawn Collins

I have never signed up for any of your programs and I am getting your SPAM <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandra -

According to an old Be Free report (Traffic by Affiliate and Site with Contact Information), you joined the ClubMom program on 3/23/00

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Irma:
    Shawn, for the third time: I want you to tell me where you got my email address from!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please respond to my PM requesting your email address, so I can research it.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OT, what's wrong with Optinpro? This is from the same company who sales MYAP software/services. I think you are mixing it up with optinrealbig.

I have to agree with Leader, I prefer AM's who aren't affiliates as well.

On a related note, I make a point to not work with stores who are also affiliates of other stores. Coldwater Creek being the only exception I am aware of.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KCEdit:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OT, what's wrong with Optinpro? This is from the same company who sales MYAP software/services. I think you are mixing it up with optinrealbig. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like a clarification on this as well. Opt-In Pro is our email marketing solution, not to be confused with Optinrealbig.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

ABW Ambassador
    Shawn, you sent me mail as well. And I have never been in your program, you sent me mail for one of your spam happening events.

I even sent a nice note back, asking where you got my name from.

Of course I received no reply. Filed with your provider and the FTC.

Shawn, can I once again congratulate you and your sidekick on being the scum of affiliate marketing? Here is the header in the mail sent to me:

From - Tue Apr 27 00:47:05 2004
    X-UIDL: 360873718
    X-Mozilla-Status: 0003
    X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
    Received: from talldoor.com [66.98.244.8] by XXXX.XXXXXXXXX.XXX with ESMTP
    (SMTPD32-8.05) id A3DE5EC900A6; Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:38:54 -0400
    From: "AffiliateSummit.com - Missy Ward, Ryan Phelan & Shawn Collins" &lt;vnyc@in.optinpro.com&gt;
    To: &lt;XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX&gt;
    Subject: Affiliate Summit 2004 Registrations Extended to May 9
    Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:46:19 -0400
    Message-ID: &lt;1c480a01c42c12$94c46970$1c093345@netmail28&gt;
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    X-Mailer: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    Thread-Index: AcQsEpTEjbcEHEycSG2BX48rdiQbqg==
    Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1409
    X-Declude-Sender: vnyc@in.optinpro.com [66.98.244.8]
    X-Spam-Tests-Failed: IPNOTINMX, NOLEGITCONTENT [0]
    X-Note: This E-mail was sent from talldoor.com ([66.98.244.8]).
    X-RCPT-TO: &lt;XXXX@XXXXXXXXX.XXX&gt;
    X-UIDL: 360873718

Notice who sent it? talldoor.com - go to their site, nothing.

Whois on talldoor.com

Tall Door Admin
    Tall Door Inc.
    info@talldoor.com
    15575 N. Witinger
    Romulus, MI 48665 US
    +1.1111116574

A fake phone number, according to the post office, that address doesn't exist.

See kids, that is how you send mail like a professional scumbag. Take notes all of you, one day you can grow up and be a scumbag too, just follow shawn's lead.

Chet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    Shawn, you sent me mail as well. And I have never been in your program, you sent me mail for one of your spam happening events.

I even sent a nice note back, asking where you got my name from.

Of course I received no reply. Filed with your provider and the FTC. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chet -

I didn't receive your reply. It's supposed to go straight through vnyc@in.optinpro.com to me (to catch and remove dead addresses).

That is the Affiliate Summit list - not involved with the incident from this thread.

I've manaully removed your address. My only guess is that somebody might have submitted your email to this list as a joke.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Please respond to my PM requesting your email address, so I can research it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah, right. Your unsubscribe link clearly doesn't work and that is not the sign of a reputable mailing list - I will NOT give you my email address because you are not a reliable person to keep it confidential. I have no desire to have my email address flooded with even more spam.
    It is not the first instance you spam my email addresses anyway - I have 8 email addresses associated with different websites and my oldest email address received several spam related to clubmom in the past. Another email address also received some garbage with your name on it in the past and now AGAIN.

You were a spammer in the past and you still are a spammer. Your pathethic excuses are ridiculous:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My only guess is that somebody might have submitted your email to this list as a joke. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not laughing and I'm sure Chet and who knows how many other innocent recipients of your garbage aren't either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast