Ok my take on Parasites

The best performers I have are infested with parasites. How can that be I do not know, I sent an e-mail to one of my merchants because of the low conversions. low and behold the conversion got better. Is everyone playing a game

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Is everyone playing a game"

Basically you have a situation like exists in a lot of life: Some people are being legit, and some are just pushing their agenda. And some merchants have legit tracking, while others can't keep their hot little hands off that Switch.

In short, not *everyone* is playing a game--but some almost certainly are!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    "The best performers I have are infested with parasites. How can that be I do not know,"

Usually because the ones that are infested are major brands, and when people shop online they trust major brands.

Leader, Trust, you are two of the posters here I agree with over 90% of the time. But Trust it is not major brands that are converting. Leader it seems to me some of the so called "trusted merchants" here have their hand on the switch! Have I just signed my death warrant with the trusted merchants here?

ABW Ambassador
    I've said this before - "the heyday on parasite free merchants is mostly over due to them being so saturated with marketing". I wouldn't say you've signed your death warrent though. Some of the programs are good and many "aint worth a crap".

There have been a bunch of folks that have left parasitic programs and that leaves room for being able to better compete "with other non parasitic affiliates" which may explain your current situation.

As far as competing with theftware, you can't! It will win everytime it interjects itself.

ABW Ambassador
    There's also this misconception that if you work with parasite free merchants your traffic is safe from parasites. That's who the parasite infested merchants target. An example i used before: You can have 1800Contacts who is parasite free last time i checked all over your site and they were being targetted by WhenU/VisionDirect (not any longer to a 1800contact legal victory) So really the majority of merchants, parasite free or parasite infested, can get popped.

I look at parasites as an unfortunate factor of this business. Like content theft, the Florida update, 800 numbers and many other things - they are simply one of the downsides to the business. I am not going to spend my energy fretting over it. As Trust said, even if the merchant is parasite free, it doesn't protect you.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread