Conversion Rate
    Ok, I understand that each site is different, but what can I expect for a conversion rate? I read that 5% and up is a good target but I am 4 different affiliate programs with a combined 122 hits in the last 4 days and not a single conversion.

I have one merchant that I promote on three different sites. One site gets about a 45% conversion ratio, one gets about a 6% conversion ratio, and one gets about a 1.5% conversion ratio.

I've heard merchants and affiliates talk about conversion ratios below 0.1%

Asking what kind of conversion ratio you can expect is about like asking how much a car costs. It depends. Some (used) cars are under $500. Some cars are over $1 million.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael. I think I knew the answer before I even asked.
    I am new to this and understood it would take a lot of hits, I just though that by the 100th I would have at least one conversion. Maybe it's time for me to look at other programs. I am doing my job of getting people to the sites, I just need to find a site that will convert.

Thanks again!

ABW Ambassador
    Like Michael said, it can be all over the place. Overall it's about 2%. That's what I've heard from the beginning from various sources and a network rep.

As far as:
    "I am 4 different affiliate programs with a combined 122 hits in the last 4 days and not a single conversion."

122 hits is not enough for even one merchant to make any kind of judgement and then split among 4, just not enough traffic yet. For me, I always expect something within 100 hits regardless of the merchant. When it starts to get up to 200, 300, 400, in that area, without a sale and I'm sending targetted traffic, I'm getting ready to give up on that merchant and pull them. But people have different limits.

Thanks again. I just looked and I have sent 89 people to one merchant, no sales yet. (and yes, they are target traffic).

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ
    Thanks again. I just looked and I have sent 89 people to one merchant, no sales yet. (and yes, they are target traffic).
    Is it all from the same site? Could a bot have hit your site? Are you preselling the products? There are a lot of things that go into it. Sometimes you just can't convert it as well and need to try a different Merchant that works with your readers because your readers may not like the look or the price points of the site you are sending them to. It is also a bad time right now to get online sales since most people cannot ship in time for Christmas and Hanukah is over. Give it a while longer. =0).
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Thanks everyone!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread