substitute for InDesign
    So, the place I work for won't spring for a license for InDesign for me since I'm only part time. Problem is, I need to make some decent looking PDFs. Anyone have any suggestions on any kind of open source or freeware program I can use to sub for InDesign?

I'm not familiar with InDesign, so I'm not positive that this is what you're looking for, but there are several free and/or cheap PDF generator programs that function as print drivers. You just print to it and it creates a PDF file. I use a free one called CreatePDF.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Alas, not what I'm looking for, but thank you for the help Michael.

Let me clarify a little. I don't just need to save files as PDF. Adobe InDesign is a program which helps you layout things like newsletters, brochures, posters, etc. What I need is a program that can help with the layout.

If it's only one time use and for a short period try the adobe 30 day trial?

Also, anyone at your company taking a college class, you get a substantial discount from Adobe.

I know InDesign is pretty pricey but CS4 will be less expensive and it's a pretty comprehensive package.

http and a telephoto
    Microsoft Publisher is similar.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http://www.scribus.net/ open source, on the Mac it uses X-windows, but I think the windows version is just an EXE install

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread