What products am I selling??
    I belong to several affiliate programs, but this one is rather new to me. I've been receiving commissions for a few months how, but I can't for the life of me figure out how the heck to tell which products I'm selling!

I only can see my referring page, but I feature several items on my pages. I'm left guessing what customers might have purchased based on the total sale, and you can guess this is a fool's game!

How do I know which products I'm selling? I'd like to know this so I can tweek my site to drive the right traffic!

Thank you!

Check your Activity Details Report in the SAS interface. You should be able to click the link in that report to view the banner or product that was sold.

Thanks, but...
    Hi and thank you! My "Activity Details" report is a dead end. It does provide a "banner ID clicked" link, so if someone clicked on a banner, then I know that's what lead them to the site.

So, that information is clear, but I still do not know what product was purchased.

Also, many of my links are not from banners, but from direct links from a product image and description. When this is the case, the "banner ID clicked" link just tells me the merchant name, not the product purchased.

It seems like the details would be in the Transaction ID, but they are not... still just a sale total.

I'm baffled as to why this is such a mystery. Wouldn't this information be readily available so that I can optimize my site for the products that sell the best?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    jplamer,

Merchants send us conversion data but most do not send acual product data (what was sold) for various reasons... some of those are privacy related.

In the New Year, it is my goal to get more merchants involved in sending us product data... when they send us the data, we can easily report it - and thus it will show on those Activity Details report.

In the meantime, the only recourse is to email the Affiliate Manager, who should have easy access to the data needed to tell you which products are being sold.

If you need any help contacting the Affiliate Manager for this data, please just let me know...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Wow... very interesting!
    Thanks, Brian -- mystery solved!

I'll look into contacting the merchant!

I can understand why you have this on your 2009 to-do list. I look forward to access to that data in the future!

Thanks for your reply!

As Brian suggested, because of privacy issues (especially in our vertical as a bank checks merchant) we will not send actual product data. However, for any affiliate who requests that info from us, I would be happy to provide a listing of products being sold by that affiliate. The listing would be by category(ies) and product(s), but not specifically matched to individual sales.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thank you!
    Kind of you to answer this post! I appreciate it!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread