My site lost google position??
    Hey guys,
    I'm new in affiliate marketing and I made my first affiliate site in wordpress, and it had great success in first few weeks.
    1 week after I made it, it was 2nd on the google search and I was getting quite a lot of traffic and I did my first sell.
    But today everything changed, my site fell to 15th google page, and all affiliate pages that were near the top also fell lower.
    I don't know why that happened, maybe because of that new google christmas update? Or any other idea?
    Tnks for help

It is quite common for a new site to do very well in the SERPs and then nosedive. Over time new sites find their proper place in the rankings. It's not that easy to beat out older, larger, more established sites long term.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Ignore it and keep building the site. Add content, remove things that might be seen as boilerplate, and make it useful to people searching for your keywords.

It should turn around.

Also get links in as many places as possible that are high quality. Maybe add 50 or so a month.

Yes, I have a friend who emailed Google support and they said that they give a little boost to new sites. Sounds like an opportunity??

Michael Maddox
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 27th, 2009 at 09:59 AM.

Same thing happened to me last week.

A lot of your ranking depends on the age of your site. The older the site - the higher the ranking.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Affiliate marketing is not a sprint, its a marathon. Placement in google is the same. You can get to the top for a few days and then be gone for a long long while. The advice is right, keep building your site. Do all the right long term things and wait. If your lucky, one day you'll ahve the site on top for months on end and then one week you'll be nowhere (b/c some new site popped to the top.) but then a week later, they'll be gone and you'll be back.

Hopefully this post will remind you nto to panic when you site is suddenly killed fore a short time and you can ride it out.

Either way, being at the top of google takes several things and one of the most important is time.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

we had this happen to a site coinciding with the addition of some copied & pasted news. it was probably a duplicate content issue that caused the drop.
    [URL]http://Essociate.com[/URL]

same thing happened to me recently...i was suprised too...but it seems that that's the way google works with new sites....i'm going to do some serious seo now to get my position back

I'm rather new to websites / SEO but the advice I always got was.. Add content people want to view. Eventually you'll get links to your site naturally (rather than pay for back links) and big G and others will notice your importance in the world and reward you with a high ranking.

I think you should update your content. Make an unique and quality content for your site.Start backlinking with your niche sites that have high PR in the Google search. I wish these two can helps you to back your PR.

Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andbeyond View Post
    Ignore it and keep building the site. Add content, remove things that might be seen as boilerplate, and make it useful to people searching for your keywords.

It should turn around.

Also get links in as many places as possible that are high quality. Maybe add 50 or so a month.
    I have noticed loosing my ground on keyphrase ceiling tiles on G.

I have a desend idea where to add links but I am sure you know more about this. Where would you recommend adding links?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread