Are hosting affiliate programs still worth pursuing?
    I wanted to add another income stream to my online income and considered joining a hosting affiliate program. Are they still worth pursuing. I know it's a very competitive niche, with that said are there still good opportunities for hosting affiliate commissions?

Houston, TX
    I put a hosting link at the bottom of nearly all my sites, and in the years I've been doing this, I've only had a handful of commissions generated from them. I've had much, much better luck with personal recommendations. Whenever a friend, family member or Twitter follower asks about web hosting, I'm there with a link. I don't even try to work that space because like you said, it's so competitive - which is not to say it can't be done... but it's not something that appeals to me.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    What Daniel has said is my experience as well.

You might look at putting up a hosting review site but do something unique and different. All of those hosting review sites are affiliates.

I can tell you from personal experience that market is very saturated because that is one of those markets that has a very low cost of entry.
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    Having managed a domain/hosting merchant for over two years I agree with Patrick. If you feel you can get visitors to your site you can make some of the highest commissions possible. We pay $90 to $280 for annual hosting package sales and have private offers for the big players up to $350 commissions. PPC and organic rankings are highly competitive so will need to look at other methods to drive sales. iNet which recently purchased ABW is one of the largest advertisers for hosting with huge forums:

Small businesses are looking for inexpensive ways to get online but it has been difficult to work with sites that focus on SMB. They are only interested in advertising money. Local businesses are lost in how to monetize so you may find opportunities there.

the hosting affilate is very competitive think outside the box when promoting the web hosting niche like offline advertising like newpapers and maybe go local

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Land of The NFL Champs!
    Commissions are high but so is the competition. Carve out a hosting-niche, provide lots of resources and help for visitors, and eventually you will make some money off the organic traffic you get.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread